Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon....
    #410460 - 05/02/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I posted this same story My Grow Journal already, but I wanted to post it somewhere more public so others can learn from my mistakes, and avoid this horrible ending to a grow.

I don't want this grow to be a total failure, so I hope someone out there learns something important from all this...

The story is long, but there is a shorter version of what happened toward the end , about 2/3rds down the page...please read and learn from my stupid mistakes...

= = =  == = = = === = = = == = = == === = = == = = = = = = == = =

Very Critical, Very Sad news today for my plant....

:facepalm::facepalm::sad::mad2::sad::mad2: *** Plant Status: SEIZED AND DESTROYED BY COPS *** :sad::mad2::sad::mad2::sad::mad2::facepalm::facepalm:

No smiley/germilin can really describe how I feel, but those will have to do....

Here's what happened...

Last night there was an outdoor rave near my town. I packed a lot of things for the camping party, such as a 2.5 gallon water jugs, food, warm clothes, etc. and some fresh cut budz (underdeveloped, from the lower canopy), and one hit of acid, with little paper towels wrapped in tin foil in case there was a liquid dealer....

Anyway, it was around 11:30pm and I was nearing the site on a dark, winding road.

There, I saw a car pull up behind me and turned their blue/red lights on. It was the cops. It was a fucking Cop trap right by the rave! Fuck!

I got really nervous, pulled over and they came to the door. They said they pulled my over because I had a missing/broken license plate light :facepalm:, that I was unaware of. I do remember the oil mechanic saying something about when I got my oil change, but I had completely forgot about it.

So, as they were checking my things, one officer was checking my car with a flash light.

The first cop asked: "Where are you going tonight?" I said "I'm going to the city up ahead to meet some friends." (which was lie #1, I was really going to the rave).

Then he said "You are not going to that rave tonight, are you?" I was really nervous at the time, and my acting skills are in no shape to pull this off. I said "No" (Lie #2). Then he said "Would you mind stepping out of the car". I did.

Then he said the "We have reason to search your car, are we going to find anything?". Its almost like time stopped. I knew I was screwed. I was going to jail, but I said "No, you are not going to find anything." (Lie #3).

I looked at the rear bumper, and realized why they had reason to search my car: I had a bumper sticker that said "Drugs lead nowhere, but at least its the Scenic Route!". It was one of my favorite drug-related stickers, because it had a mostly balanced message. I was too cocky about the stickers, and never thought it would cause any problems, so I left it on there....Biggest mistake of the night. :facepalm:

The other stickers that basically say "I smoke weed officer!" were these stickers "Are you a Blazer?" around my Blazer logo, the type of car I own. And this other one that says "Hawaiian Smoke Shop" in reggae colors. I bought it in Maui, and put it right above the "Blazer" logo.

I've had these stickers on for years, and never really had any problems. A couple cops did pull me over for minor traffic things, but never to search my car. I should have known they likely pulled me over because of those weed-related stickers.

- In retrospect, these stickers were the worst idea EVER to put on the car when I am currently growing a controlled plant. How could I be so blindly proud, and stupid...

So like 2 cops searched my car as another 2 asked me questions, found the fresh-cut budz and my acid container, an Altoids metal container. One officer asked me "Where did you get this fresh buds from?" I said "From a friend, he grows." (Lie #4). Then the officer said "We have reason to search your home now, where do you live?". Like a compliant citizen, I told them. I knew I was ruined: there was no way out of this. I was thinking I was done, my plant was done....I'm going to jail.

Then they say "If you just tell the truth, it will make this a lot less worst for you. Are we going to find anything in your apartment?" or something to that nature. I just came clean, because I knew lying would only make things worst for me "Yeah, I have one marijuana plant and some mushroom mycelium growing in there. And some weed paraphernalia, like a bong and a scale."

Then they found my camera, and said "What's on here, your plant?" They turned it on, and the first photo that came up was my plant.

After that, they said "We're going to take you to your place and search it while you are there. We are towing your truck to a place in south part of your town. Now, put your hand behind your back." Then I was hand-cuff and loaded into the cop car, which is quite uncomfortable with plastic seats and a cramp foot spacing....start of the worst night of my life.

The ride back was not so bad. The guy driving me was actually quite nice. He was new, and kept asking me questions about acid and what it does, and what mushroom mycelium was. I told him, willingly...anything to get my mind off the fact that I'm going to jail, and my plant is dead. In fact, the whole time they were questioning on the side of the road, they were all nice and considerate, and never acted like dicks. But what they did was unforgivable.

So we get back to my place, and he lets me out, hand-cuffed. We went into my small apartment, and he asked me where the illegal stuff is. I told him, and he found the mushroom jars, Mushroom Fruiting Chamber, and most important my beautiful girl, just 2 weeks from harvest....:sad:

The other cops came and raided my whole place, leaving a huge mess as they ripped out my grow light, wires, power-strips, water jugs, and my precious girl. One of the first things they put in the living room was my plant: it was soo top-heavy, it drooped and almost broke the bottom of the stem. It looked so sad. I had betrayed her. I was practically handing her over to the enemy....it was over.

Right after all my grow stuff and my plant was loaded into the cop cars while outside, some cop said "Lets go get something to eat: I got the munchies" They all laughed. I was SOO ANRGY at his joke, I just wanted to do something to retaliate, but I didn't freak-out, because I know violent crimes are not handled well in the court system. So I said/did nothing, and tried to forget he said that. Pissed me off that a cop could think this was funny.....he was basically laughing at my defeat, and my plant being seized.

After they took everything, I was loaded back in the car, and just by chance or fate, my plant was in the front seat, behind the iron bars. I could smell her and look at her as we rode back to the station. I said my last good-byes to her in my head, since I will never see her again.

Then we got to the station, and I was processed, which I have never been thru before.

I won't bore you with the details, and it was a horrible, dehumanizing feeling, when they locked me up in the small grey cell. I was no longer a person, but a thing. Locked up.

But there was one cool thing about this shitty experience: the finger-printer. It was all digital, and I could watch as the tiny lines on my hand appeared on a screen in real-time. It was pretty trippy to watch. Kinda wish I ate that acid. But I was also glad I was 100% sober. It was cool to watch, and provided a little happiness in this depressing situation.

Another cool thing I realized was the perfect irony I was in. You see, right now I am in a group project for college, in which we argue for or against something. The topic of out group project is "War on Drugs". Our next meeting is this Tuesday. If I would of missed it because I was in jail, that would be the most ridiculous thing ever for me....

So in the perfect irony of my situation, I am doing a school project on the "War on Drugs", and I just got arrested for possession of different drugs, including of course MJ.

Right before I was put into jail, during the paper part, the cop who drove me home was in the room, and he said something that kinda cheered me up. He said "You were so close to harvest, and you never even got to smoke it." Then I said, "Acutally, I smoked a little a couple weeks ago. They were far from finished, but I can say I did get to smoke a little bit.

After that, I slept in jail until early Sunday morning, and they said I was almost going to stay until Monday, but another officer saw my charges and gave me a citation, which I guess is good, because I'm free right now. But the cops said that my charges were so severe, that I almost didn't get that.

The charges were "unlawful possession of less than an ounce of MJ" (now I know about how much I had), "possession of LSD and shrooms", and the license plate light thing, the first thing I got pulled-over for and what caused this horrid chain-of-events....

They got a lot of intel from my place, but luckily nothing about the Growery. They never seized my PC, but they said, if the wrong guys had raided my place, they would of took that too because its considered evidence. I got luckily there, because all my photos are on here.

Although, I got most of my stuff back like wallet and such, they still have my camera, my cellphone and my car at the pound. Not sure what I am going to do to get them back.

I have a court date in 3 weeks, and I think I'm going to jail. For how long, I don't know. I have no lawyer, so I don't know what I am going to do. Last night was the worst day of my life.....

~_~__~_~_~_~__~_~_~__~_~_~__~_~_~__~_~_~__~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~

So, to recap my really long story, here's what happened in short....

- Drove to an outdoor rave last night and brought some fresh bud clippings.

- Got pulled over from a stealthy cop just a block from the outdoor rave (I could hear the music), hiding without his lights on near the outdoor rave. I got questioned and lied about my intentions to protect myself.

- They said they had a reason to search my car, likely from the weed-related stickers on my rear bumper, and searched my car from illegal substances...

- Found my fresh budz, I was questioned then arrested. They found my camera, turned it on, and the first photo that came up was my plant. They said they had a reason for "Searching your place", which they did later....

- Was driven to my place, I pointed out where my illegal stuff was.

- They took my plant, all my grow supplies, and all my other mushroom related things and I was brought downtown to the slammer.

- Spent last night in jail. Was released this Sunday Morning....the bail at the time was $170,000! Holy Shit!

- They gave me back my wallet, lighters, and belt. The cops still have my cell phone, digital camera, and my car at the pound. I have to pay the towing bill.

- Court date is 3 weeks from now. And it looks like I'm going to spend jail time if I get convicted on "intent to distribute" or even just "having less than an ounce".

- Worst night of my life.

~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Lessons Learned?

- Stealthing does NOT end with the grow-room: Do not put anything such as stickers or symbols on you like clothing, your car as in bumper stickers (that's what I did stupidly), or anything you own or carry with you that relates you to weed or other drugs.

- Don't think you are smarter than the cops. They will catch you at any moment you make a mistake.

- Do NOT carry around photos of your plant on your camera. Delete them, or move them elsewhere.

- Do NOT lie to the cops. If you know you are caught, this will only make you look worst.

- Lastly and most importantly, Do NOT take growing cannabis lightly! It is serious, and illegal for most of us growers, and the consequences can be great. This was my mistake, and never again will I do it....

The Good: :smile2:

- At least I got to smoke some of it during April 20! It wasn't really full potency, and I took the bottom budz, which weren't as dank, but hey, I can't say I never smoked her. So at least I can say I got a little taste of her, and it wasn't a complete failure...that kinda makes me feel good.

- They never seized my PC as evidence, which they could of. Thank goodness. I need this PC for school, it would be so much worst it they took it too.

The Bad: :sad:

- I think I'm going to jail. Actually, I'm sure of it, I just don't wanna think about it.

- My plants gone forever, and I never got to complete the flowering which I was *almost* done with. She's dead now. All that money, all that effort, all that love I gave her....gone forever.

- My car, cell-phone, and camera are still in the hands of cops. I have to get them back....

' ' ''' ' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' ' '' ' ' ' ' '' ' ' '' ' '' ' ''' ' '  '' ' ' ' '' ' ' '' ' ' '' ' '' ' '' ' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' '' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' ' '' ' ' ' '' ' ' ' '

Worst day of my life, but at least I have you guys for support....

Now, I gotta figure out a way to call my Dad and break the sad news....time to find some quarters I guess....

This War on Drugs needs to stop, I was just "harming" myself....

When will this nonsense end, and why must I be punished for it....

Only time will tell what will happen to me. Don't let this happen to YOU.

I should of just stayed home. :facepalm:

They took her away,
And I think I'm going to Jail.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 2
    #410462 - 05/02/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You did the wrong thing every step of the way man.

:billymaythumbup:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #410468 - 05/02/10 05:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Don't be a fool. Get a lawyer if this is your first offense. You don't want to go in representing yourself on possession of MJ, LSD, and Shrooms.

Jesus :facepalm:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #410469 - 05/02/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
You did the wrong thing every step of the way man.

:billymaythumbup:

Yes he did, but I can understand getting nervous.

Get yourself a lawyer man, although really the cops have all the evidence in the world that you were growing. Because you admitted to everything.

1.) Dont let them search your car
2.) Dont tell them where you got the bud
3.) Dont tell them you grow
4.) Dont tell them you grow
5.) Dont tell them you grow
6.) Dont tell them you grow

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #410470 - 05/02/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

TrueHerbalCrystal Should have said:

I want my Lawyer

then you would be a free man, no charges or anything and you could have went home to your girl

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: Harlz]
    #410475 - 05/02/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

But I don't even have a lawyer. Tell them another lie?

I guess I did say the wrong thing at every turn. I felt so pressured: there were like 4 cops all around me searching my car, I was lost for words. Scared, hopeless, clueless, not know what to say, the truth, a lie, or be vague. So I told the truth. Now I'm finished and my girls gone.

What have I done?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410477 - 05/02/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They will ask you if you want a lawyer to represent you when you go in to court. And if you cant afford one you can get a free one. But they are shitty.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #410478 - 05/02/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:sad:

I'm so glad I don't drive.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #410479 - 05/02/10 05:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah i really feel bad for you trueherb but to be honest you did the wrong thing every step of the way and dug your own grave.  You learned the complete wrong lessons from it as well, what you should have said is as little as possible and asked to speak to a lawyer.

When you do go to jail they will tell you everything you did wrong and if you pay attention to what goes on in there you will at least learn how to not get caugh this time.  The cops were probably laughing to each other about how easy you made it for them.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410489 - 05/02/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
But I don't even have a lawyer. Tell them another lie?

I guess I did say the wrong thing at every turn. I felt so pressured: there were like 4 cops all around me searching my car, I was lost for words. Scared, hopeless, clueless, not know what to say, the truth, a lie, or be vague. So I told the truth. Now I'm finished and my girls gone.

What have I done?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

No you say, I dont give you permission to search anything, and I am pleading my 5th right and remianing silent until I speak to my lawyer.. they probably would have said fuck it and let you go:lol:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: Doitagain]
    #410490 - 05/02/10 05:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks DoItAgain, I guess.

I hope I do learn the right lessons in court. Or jail. Or where ever.

So can you, or someone tell me, step by step, what I should of said in all the events that happened in the story? Any story out there I can read and learn on what I *should* have done?

Yeah, and the cops did all seem like they were in a happy, cheerful mood, which only made me more depressed. At least they weren't totally dicks: the one that actually drove me everywhere was nice and actually gave me some advice: "If you ever do this again, do not put this on your computer. They will take it away along with everything". Which was weird because he was basically helping me not get caught as bad next time or something....

It was horrible, but I think it could have been worst, even thou this is about as worst as it gets. At least I got a citation, and the court date is awhile from now. It feels weird really, like I'm free then in 3 weeks, I'm doomed, nothing in between.

But now I'm going to be clean, no nothing. I can't get caught before my court hearing, that would be the worst.

Can't Make More Fuck-Ups.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#410492 - 05/02/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You wont get jail time I dont think. If you are going to they would have put you in jail already.

And for advice on what you should have said look at your other thread I tell you there.

Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: Doitagain]
    #410493 - 05/02/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow sorry to hear man. U will have plenty of time in jail to think this over though. Just get a court app lawyer and try to settle a plea bargain. They have everything they need to convict u of some harsh crimes man. they had no warrant to search ur place but u just led them right in to take everything.
:feelsbadman:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: m3kgt]
    #410494 - 05/02/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno I bet he wont go to jail.....

But if he does I think its going to be more for the mushrooms than the weed.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#410495 - 05/02/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Damn so you are gonna be a felon now and shit with the mushroom charges.

That sucks.  It could have been prevented if you were prepared.

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #410497 - 05/02/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

you're not under 18 are you TrueHerb?  if that's the case you could get some leniency.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#410501 - 05/02/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
you're not under 18 are you TrueHerb?  if that's the case you could get some leniency.

Like he's gonna admit to being under 18 on here lol.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#410504 - 05/02/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Even if you said no they would have got a drug dog to search your car.

Chances are it would have sensed the weed in the car and you still would have gotten arrested.

They tricked you into letting them search your house.

Should have told them you found it growing along side the road.

Sucks man, I feel sorry for ya but we've all been there.

I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson from this.

I didn't learn until I got busted. Now I never drive with the stuff and If I do I always do a walk around my vehicle to make sure it's 100% legal.

PS - If he was under 18 his dad would already know because they need a legal guardian when he signs for being aware of his rights.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #410506 - 05/02/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I got threatend with a search dog once, but the guy never brought it around my car. If he would have, he would have found a couple of oz. of weed.

Stupid pigs.

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Re: My Plant was SEIZED by the Cops, and I'm Going to Jail Soon.... [Re: m3kgt]
    #410508 - 05/02/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

m3kgt said:
they had no warrant to search ur place but u just led them right in to take everything.

Exactly.

Shouldn't have let them push you around Herb.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order