Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Hempy PH issues. Water tub with biofilter? Advice?
    #409513 - 04/30/10 02:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So... I'm tryin out hempy for the first time. I'm having a huge issue with PH. The tap water here is extremely alkaline. After correcting the PH of the water, after about 24 hours the PH seems to rise fairly significantly. This happens with plain water and with my nutrient solutions. :shrug: This wasn't a problem with my recirculating system, because I would just re-calibrate the solution the next day and then it was fine. However, with hempys this is a huge issue.

From my understanding, it's normal for the run off water from hempys to be a little bit higher than what you poured in, because the roots emit something that raises PH slightly. The solution going in is about 5.0-5.5. The immediate run off is probably around 6.0 - after a couple of hours, the run off is +7.0. That is definitely not what should be happening right?

It's probably because the water quality around here isn't the best. Old German plumbing...

So any and all suggestions would be dearly appreciated. Maybe I didn't understand something correctly.

This brings me to my second question. I have a large abundance of shit lying around...

... so naturally I'd like to put it to some use. I was thinking that a possible solution to this dilemma would be to dedicate a large plastic container to ph corrected water. The idea is I have a ton of water in there, that I PH-monitor daily. After about 48 hours and about 2-3 calibrations, the PH of the water should fluctuate very minimally. I thought of also getting one of those water filter pitchers, and then topping the tub off each day with filtered water. I would consider an RO setup if I wasn't moving so soon.

Not a bad idea right? Here's the question, and get ready because it's tricky. I have a biofilter and lots of subculture that I'd like to use. So my question is, if I were to install my biofilter onto this water tub, can the microorganisms survive in just plain PH corrected water? Will they survive if I mix the water with nutes after subculture has been added and taken effect?

Thanks a lot guys.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Hempy PH issues. Water tub with biofilter? Advice? [Re: TomCollins]
    #410828 - 05/03/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Bump.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hempy PH issues. Water tub with biofilter? Advice? [Re: TomCollins]
    #410864 - 05/03/10 05:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Is there any reason you're switching to Hempy buckets? Your hydrosystem was pretty awesome imo. Toilet tek ftw.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Hempy PH issues. Water tub with biofilter? Advice? [Re: captain.koons]
    #410890 - 05/03/10 08:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Is there any reason you're switching to Hempy buckets? Your hydrosystem was pretty awesome imo. Toilet tek ftw.

The drainage tube looked really cool and I really would have loved to have perfected it this time around - however there was a bit of an incident and I had to move the operations.

It's a space issue now. I just do not have the height available to me to do an ebbnflow any more.

Also, you see those huge rubber maids in the pictures? Those are all filled with Perlite. Bought way too much. Thought I was going to go big with mushrooms, and ended up focusing on the weed. I was planning on doing an outdoor hempy project with some veggies and flowers, but this whole location swap has given me another reason to use it all.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds