Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :]
    #404562 - 04/21/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OK, so obviously you guys don't know EVERYTHING the store is going to have, but I'm just looking for some suggestions on what to look for ;]

Anyway, y'all sold me on the snowstorm ultra. I'm definitely picking some of that up. One last question about that...when do you guys usually start feeding with it? I have a plant that is (supposed to be) about 3 weeks away from harvest. I know the last week you're supposed to use just h2o anyway...so, that only leaves me about 2 weeks of feeding with the snowstorm. (although, my plant looks like it might need 4 weeks rather than 3. IDK yet. And, I'll have it for a long time :])

Also, I will be picking up some cloning gel. I'm not sure what kind, but I've heard good things about all of them...so, I'll see what they have when I get there.

Next, I'll need some kind of cloning medium. I've seen people take clones straight from the plant, dip them in gel, and place them in soil...but I think I'd rather go with something else so I can see the progress of the roots. Any suggestions? I know lots of people swear by rock wool, but can that be put into soil after the roots are showing? Not sure what to get here.

I'd also like some other kind of finisher...if not for the plants I have flowering now, for the future. I'd like some kind of bud compaction stuff (like Gravity) but lots of them are pretty pricey. I know lots of times "you get what you pay for", but is there a cheap one I can look for?

Thanks guys. Mom told me yesterday "its your 20th birthday, I'll take you shopping for some stuff you want on Thursday"...so, I guess the plan is a trip to the hydro store :cool:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :] [Re: RasJeph]
    #404582 - 04/21/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The snow storm ultra can be use from beginning of flowering to flush.  Two weeks would be better than none tho, so I say use it on your plant as soon as possible.

Cloning gels I like Clone-X the best, but I've also had great results with roottech.

For a cloning medium rockwool will work, tho I recommend using the neopean cubes due to they are ph balanced and require no presoaking, where rockwool should be presoaked to abjust ph.

Gravity is an awesome product and I'd recommend it to anyone.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :] [Re: Stoneth]
    #404587 - 04/21/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Trust me, once you get in there, you're gonna be having problems not spending every dime in your pocket.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :] [Re: DieselB]
    #404589 - 04/21/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Trust me, once you get in there, you're gonna be having problems not spending every dime in your pocket.

:lol: I know - I've been in there quite a few times fortunately, without much money each time. I leave the plastic at home...that fucker just gets me in trouble.

I just noticed they were hiring a few weeks ago...I heard the new employee on the phone...$500 says its a cute little blond girl that doesn't know anything about anything :lol: (or, even better, a cute little blond girl who knows what shes talking about!  :eyebrow: )  What a sweet job though! Although, most of my paycheck would prolly be gone real quick :tongue2:

And thanks for the info. Any cheap alternatives to gravity though? I don't wanna break the bank on it.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
    #404642 - 04/21/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ras.. Im having difficulty reading your post with that signature of yours... lol

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :] [Re: Epoo]
    #404648 - 04/21/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Epoo said:
ras.. Im having difficulty reading your post with that signature of yours... lol

Hahah. I hear ya. I have a hard time quick replying when I can see it.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #404655 - 04/21/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nope, gravity is pretty much the only product of it's kind on the market. Have you seen the pics from my CFL grow using it? I think you should click that link in my sig and then go towards the end of the thread to see what kind of impact gravity had on my plant. You definitely won't hesitate to spend the money on it after seeing that.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Trip to the hydro store, need suggestions :] [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #404661 - 04/21/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Unfortunately, I can't afford it at the moment. :sad:

Next time :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds