Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
I've got my mother!
    #401755 - 04/15/10 08:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So...I put a plant into flower to check the sex on it. I know thats really not the best way to do it, but I did it before really knowing. Its been about a week under 12/12, and the very top of the plant has a female flower starting.

I'd like to switch it back to veg growth without stressing it out too much. Is there a special way I should do this? Maybe from 12/12 to 14/10 for a few days then finally to 16/8? Or should I just immediately switch back to 16/8? Or, is 24/0 preferable for a mother?

I'm doing as much reading as I can on my googled "how to care for a mother", but my question here seemed to specific for me to find a straight answer.

Shes got plenty of nodes, but they are all still pretty short. I can't take any clones from her just yet...I'll have to wait for her to bush out a bit more. Shes short at fat right now.

The only other specific question I can think of asking is...what should I feed her? I have the 3 FF liquid nutes set (Grow, Bloom and Tiger). Just feed her like shes in normal veg?

I'm going to have to do some serious LST with her, because shes going to stay in veg, right? I can't have a huge monster tree growing in my cabinet :lol:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I've got my mother! [Re: RasJeph]
    #401757 - 04/15/10 09:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hitting her with extra nitrogen will help a bunch. I've honestly never switched from flowering back to veg so I don't feel qualified to help you in that regard, but I would guess you'll be okay just going straight to 18/6. But like I said, a feeding high in nitrogen will definitely help the transition.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: I've got my mother! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #401759 - 04/15/10 09:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OK neat :] I've found SOME info on it, but its mostly people who are asking "So I want to harvest my plant because its ready, is it too late to reveg and make it a mother?" :rolleyes: (which I guess is possible, but seems like a total waste to me at that point haha).

So, I'll prolly want to start feeding with some Grow Big then? I haven't really fed this plant (using Ocean Forrest soil) so I'll have to start kinda slow. I'm in no rush...I'm all for easing it  back in.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #401777 - 04/15/10 10:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yep, sounds good to me. A feeding with grow big and 14/10 for a day or two ought to be a nice smooth transition, then step it up to 16/8 after that.  Sounds like a good plan to me! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: I've got my mother! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #401786 - 04/15/10 10:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Pretty exciting to me :vaped:

So, I've read that you kinda NEED to take clones every few weeks, just to keep her trained? Hopefully I have some friends that will be interested...I'd hate to take them and not be able to use them.

I guess I could just keep sticking them outdoors and hoping for the best :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401893 - 04/15/10 11:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You're not supposed to be telling your friends anything about this. Even when it's someone you trust 100%, everyone has that person, so news gets down the line quickly.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: I've got my mother! [Re: DieselB]
    #401900 - 04/15/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I meant the dudes who also grow...theres 2 of them that I know. Ones a good guy and gave me clones for my outdoor...helped me grow them last year...he did 90% of the work and didn't take a cut, but I always make sure to burn with him when I see him.

The other one is a guy I've helped make his grow room, he helped make my grow room...he even took my entire shroom grow from me when I had a break-in at my house because I was afraid of what would happen. (I might add, a RANDOM break in. It wasn't because someone knew I had shrooms going on. I'm suspecting a family member who might have just came in to poke around, and didn't realize I'd notice he was in here.)

I know, its still not wise...but they help me out, I help them out. They've never fucked me over...and we always hook eachother up. No big deal really.

Anyway, I don't wanna de-rail my thread :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401912 - 04/15/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I got ya, just be cafeful with that, people can pull a 180 real fast.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: I've got my mother! [Re: DieselB]
    #401918 - 04/15/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Good lookin' out homie :highfive:

Edit: I found this thread to be one of the most helpful threads...posted in another thread I made about a mother plant.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/165584#165584

Soooo good. :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by RasJeph (04/15/10 01:32 PM)

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

#423395 - 05/24/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

LOL sorry for the other  bump..... Your not supposed to put your mother from flower back to veg.... Silly... your pose to take a cutting from all you candidates(The nicest out of all ur seedlings)And as soon as they are semi rooted you flower them right away. Dont veg them to long, the only thing those first cuttings are good for is sexing. So once your tiny tiny cutting tell u if they are male or female u toss them all in the trash and u only keep the mother that gave u a females.....PS.. So dont forget to mark/tag you cuttings so u remember which mother they came from :cool:  :naughty: . Hope this helps.... I learned this at overgrow be4 u know wat happen...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies