Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
farmer joe's 2010 nute line up
    #398943 - 04/09/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Swung into the hydro store to get most of what I need for the grow season. A few items I already had, but here's the line up. Comments/Critisism greatly appreciated.

Money was tight so I didn't go all out.

Fox Farm's grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom.

1 small bottle of ecovie- the guy gave it to me half price ...you only feed once a month with it

1 small bottle of super thrive

And I plan on pickin up a bottle of bloombastic later on this summer

Left over from last yr- black strap molasses, small bag of peruvian seabird guano and half bottle of nitrozime's kelp extract

So that sound good?  I hope it will do. Maybe next yr I will go with something more pricey.

Where you at inverted!?!?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: farmer joe's 2010 nute line up [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #398970 - 04/09/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Jeeze man that looks INTENSE! I was just looking at that ecovie stuff online.

I wanna see what comes from that barrage of nutrients :]

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: farmer joe's 2010 nute line up [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #399024 - 04/09/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like you're all set up for an early season. I stopped by the Urban Garden Center in Topsham on my way back last time. Nice selection.

I got (25)5gal. and (25)3gal. grow bags. Plus a bag of Happy Frog Tomato for outdoor. Should be an early season hopefully. :bigblunt:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: farmer joe's 2010 nute line up [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #399039 - 04/09/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You guys that can grow outside or so LUCKY!

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#399287 - 04/10/10 10:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hopanshrubman said: I was just looking at that ecovie stuff online. :]

I'm very interested to see the results..I'm gonna use it on my veg garden this yr as well....mmmmmmmmm I can't wait for fresh produce!      :awetongue:

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:  Should be an early season hopefully. :bigblunt:

Man I can't wait. As long as it doesn't rain all summer like last yr!  Us yanks are due for a good grow season.

You think we'll see a shit ton of new dro shops pop up when dispensaries kick off? I sure hope so...we're so limited round here.  I was down south earlier last week and shot the shit with a guy who's helpin a friend with the legalities of opening a dispensary. Supposedly there's gonna be a handful of them opening right off commercial st.  Guess I outta fine tune my resume...could I use the growery as a reference? Hehehe

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #399352 - 04/10/10 01:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How big is your vegetable garden Joe? I work on a farm in the summer so I get fresh produce all the time.

I don't think the rains will be as heavy this year as long as the jet stream keeps cooperating.

We may see a few more hydro shops when this goes down but I don't think it will be significant. I only see 1 or 2 opening up this far north. I thought about opening a hydro shop but then I'd have to quit growing. That ain't happening. It's too small of a town(s) around here to open a hydro shop AND grow. It would just be trouble.

The Growery is just about as good a reference as any. I can't imagine what else you'd use.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#400010 - 04/12/10 07:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry for the late response.

My garden is about 50ft long and 20-25 ft wide. I'm flippin through a seed catalog as I type this. I'm ordeing some purple haze carrots. Haha...mostly just because of the name....and they look ooober dank as well...purple on the outside and white through the center.

Puttin up a fence this weekend hopefully. The fucking deer demolished what little growth I had in between the spells of rain last yr. Those fuckers ate well that's for sure.

What do you do for work on the farm?

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #400023 - 04/12/10 08:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sweetski. Those purple carrots are pretty tasty. Should get a pretty nice harvest and selection out of a garden that size. Definitely going to need some fencing by the sounds of it. There are many more deer per square mile then there are up here. Something like 12 deer per square in southern wooded areas. Up here it's like 2 or 3.

I do pretty much anything that needs to be done around the farm. Most of it consists of picking a variety of vegetables (like anything you can imagine and more) and some weeding. My boss is awesome. He burns with me and brings out beer in the afternoon. Kind of a dream job, minus the pay. I can't wait until the season starts!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom