Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrower420
Stranger
Autoflower ak47 short rider and lowryder???
    #393487 - 03/31/10 09:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hi i had an idea lol. in like may or june i would plant all fem seeds autoflower in like 5 gallon pots. Then just place them around the woods where there is sun. And scatter them all around places where people dont go/ like 15 plants? And dont autoflowers require less nutes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrower420
Stranger
Re: Autoflower ak47 short rider and lowryder??? [Re: Grower420]
    #393660 - 04/01/10 09:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well i bought 5 lowlife ak 47 autoflower fem. It says the plants have a lifespan of 70 days regardless of lighting. And it also says this is the best autoflowering strain on the market. has anyone grew this before? is it an easy outdoor growing strain? btw i got 2 free seeds too but damn 90$ for all that is extortion!

OfflineTomCollins

#393669 - 04/01/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hate to tell you this but fem seeds are kind of a scam. Your chances of getting hermies are pretty high and you could just end up with straight males anyway. :shrug: I fell for the same trap. Live and learn.

This member grew something very similar, however it was indoors:
https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/316727/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
Re: Autoflower ak47 short rider and lowryder??? [Re: TomCollins]
    #395512 - 04/03/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Hate to tell you this but fem seeds are kind of a scam. Your chances of getting hermies are pretty high and you could just end up with straight males anyway. :shrug: I fell for the same trap. Live and learn.

This member grew something very similar, however it was indoors:
https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/316727/fpart/1/vc/1

Sorry but this is false. If a breeder makes female seeds using the 'right' techniques you WILL get %100 females with no hermie tendencies. Growers like Soma use stress techniques that later compromise the product because it encourages hermies.

The right way to do it is to take a number of plants from a selected strain you plan to create fem seeds with and test this crop first to eliminate plants that herm easily. You then take the females that wouldnt herm and spray these using STS or GA, they will then be forced to herm and the resulting seed will produce fem seeds with no herm tendencies, if you do get a herm its grower error.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Autoflower ak47 short rider and lowryder??? [Re: Union420]
    #395646 - 04/04/10 02:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Union420 said:
Sorry but this is false. If a breeder makes female seeds using the 'right' techniques you WILL get %100 females with no hermie tendencies. Growers like Soma use stress techniques that later compromise the product because it encourages hermies.

The right way to do it is to take a number of plants from a selected strain you plan to create fem seeds with and test this crop first to eliminate plants that herm easily. You then take the females that wouldnt herm and spray these using STS or GA, they will then be forced to herm and the resulting seed will produce fem seeds with no herm tendencies, if you do get a herm its grower error.

This is merely an opinion and not based on fact. Sure, in theory if the seeds are produced correctly and your growing conditions are optimal then there is very little reason to assume you'll have anything but female plants. This is the same when you use normal seeds as well.

According to this article: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/node/394

Female plants, grown from feminized seeds are more prone to become hermie through stress than female plants grown from normal seeds.

Quote:

However, silver linings often have a cloud attached and it was true in this case. The female plants that developed from hermaphroditic seeds had the drawback of being far more likely than ordinary plants to develop male branches – turn “Herman” – when stressed. More than once, a power, pump or light failure caused enough stress to the plants that they easily went hermaphroditic. Outdoors we had even more trouble; in bad-weather years we could end up with a plant from a feminized seed developing male flowers and blowing pollen all over the other plants, ruining our dreams of a sinsemilla crop. We decided that feminized plants might have a place in our business’ industry, but it wouldn’t be in our gardens.

Your absolutely right that, if everything GOES RIGHT, then there is nothing at all to worry about really. The problem is the plants are volatile. As you can see in the article, any possible "accidental" mistake can potentially ruin your entire crop.

Also bear in mind that feminized seeds can become male anyway.

My point is feminized seeds are not reliable and are over priced. That's just my 2 cents.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #395718 - 04/04/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Totally agree, Fem seeds are a waste of cash.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

#397299 - 04/06/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I see what you guys are saying but like you said, if conditions are right everything will go fine. Reg seeds can go hermie under stressfull conditions too, so I would put fem seeds done right in the same category as reg seeds as far as probability to herm goes.

They are priced high lol, I agree with that but 'some' places price them fairly like Greenhouse. Id say the problem with fem seeds is finding a place that does them right at a rite price, well GHS is one of only a few which dosent leave much choice for growers.

Dont get me wrong reg seeds are always gonna be the go to in the long run but fem seeds do have benefits more so than say autoflower strains. For instance, from a company that sells single seeds one can purchase several different strains for the price of a  10 pack of one strain and being that there female and you get them all to germ you now have many strains to work with rather than just one. For someone like me who has a hard time deciding what strain to get its great because I have the ability to get say ten different strains at once. Most people buy a strain or two at a time for the price I pay for ten, I get bored easily and aside from that I dont like to continuously order and all that mess so in a predicament like mine it works out, but again Im not downing reg seeds but fem seeds are far from a rip off is all im saying kno what I mean.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#397626 - 04/07/10 12:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Union420 said:
I see what you guys are saying but like you said, if conditions are right everything will go fine. Reg seeds can go hermie under stressfull conditions too, so I would put fem seeds done right in the same category as reg seeds as far as probability to herm goes.

Again, this is nothing but your opinion. Not fact.

Also, I would have to disagree with you in that plants grown from regular seeds hermie just as easily as feminized seeds if exposed to stress. According to the article, the result of their experiment was that feminized seeds have a higher tendency to hermie under stress than plants grown from regular seeds.

Quote:

Union420 said:They are priced high lol, I agree with that but 'some' places price them fairly like Greenhouse. Id say the problem with fem seeds is finding a place that does them right at a rite price, well GHS is one of only a few which dosent leave much choice for growers.

It doesn't matter. The pricing is unjustified for what they do. Simply put, the only benefit to feminized seeds is that in theory, a female plant can be guaranteed if it is grown in optimal conditions.

Quote:

Union420 said:Dont get me wrong reg seeds are always gonna be the go to in the long run but fem seeds do have benefits more so than say autoflower strains. For instance, from a company that sells single seeds one can purchase several different strains for the price of a  10 pack of one strain and being that there female and you get them all to germ you now have many strains to work with rather than just one. For someone like me who has a hard time deciding what strain to get its great because I have the ability to get say ten different strains at once. Most people buy a strain or two at a time for the price I pay for ten, I get bored easily and aside from that I dont like to continuously order and all that mess so in a predicament like mine it works out, but again Im not downing reg seeds but fem seeds are far from a rip off is all im saying kno what I mean.

Any seeds have more benefits than an auto flower in that case. Also, as I have said before and I can guarantee this from experience, just because you use a feminized seed does not guarantee you a female. Sorry. It does not.

The chances are really high if the conditions are good, but unfortunately the price is unjustified for this fact.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

#397786 - 04/07/10 04:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

Union420 said:

Again, this is nothing but your opinion. Not fact.

Also, I would have to disagree with you in that plants grown from regular seeds hermie just as easily as feminized seeds if exposed to stress. According to the article, the result of their experiment was that feminized seeds have a higher tendency to hermie under stress than plants grown from regular seeds.

Quote:

Union420 said:They are priced high lol, I agree with that but 'some' places price them fairly like Greenhouse. Id say the problem with fem seeds is finding a place that does them right at a rite price, well GHS is one of only a few which dosent leave much choice for growers.

It doesn't matter. The pricing is unjustified for what they do. Simply put, the only benefit to feminized seeds is that in theory, a female plant can be guaranteed if it is grown in optimal conditions.

Quote:

Union420 said:Dont get me wrong reg seeds are always gonna be the go to in the long run but fem seeds do have benefits more so than say autoflower strains. For instance, from a company that sells single seeds one can purchase several different strains for the price of a  10 pack of one strain and being that there female and you get them all to germ you now have many strains to work with rather than just one. For someone like me who has a hard time deciding what strain to get its great because I have the ability to get say ten different strains at once. Most people buy a strain or two at a time for the price I pay for ten, I get bored easily and aside from that I dont like to continuously order and all that mess so in a predicament like mine it works out, but again Im not downing reg seeds but fem seeds are far from a rip off is all im saying kno what I mean.

Any seeds have more benefits than an auto flower in that case. Also, as I have said before and I can guarantee this from experience, just because you use a feminized seed does not guarantee you a female. Sorry. It does not.

The chances are really high if the conditions are good, but unfortunately the price is unjustified for this fact.

Hey im not trying to drag you thru the mud here, im just saying they arent a rip off. A rip off is something you pay money for and it dosent live up to what is advertised at all or the product is not worth what is spent. (opinion based on definition) However when you pay $116 for 9 strains and get 9 healthy non-herm mothers this is what I call a steal. How is paying $40-50 for 5 fems from greenhouse unjustified when places charge $150-300 for a ten pack of regs that you would be lucky to get 5 fems from (in most cases, results can be higher or lower according to environment) Say you get 1 female from a batch of regs, you now just spent $150 or even more than $300 for one girl. Id rather get 10 females with the chance of going herm rather than that.

You said something that is key, "optimal  conditions" From my experience this is a loose term, but for the sake of argument lets say this..Ill take it you have much experience like myself so for you or I we could provide what is called "optimal conditions" consistently due to experience learned from facts and trial and error. So if you or I purchased ten fem seeds the probability for them all being female is very high, the probability of getting the same number of females using reg seeds is much lower even when environmental conditions are met that favor and encourage females when growing from seed, I use these conditions and altho my female ratio has went up considerably it dosent compare to fems.

The drawback of this is yes..hermies, however this is canceled out or at least lowered considerably when the right conditions are met, which for an experienced grower (like I said above) this is easily met and expected due to experience.

As for the price thing well..perfect example, a few months back I got ten different strains by buying single seeds one of each and they were fem, all ten germinated and all ten grew into wondefull mothers that produced clones which then produced great yeild with not a trace of bananas even after a few thunderstorm blackouts. Again I recently acuired another 9 strains using the same method that are yet to be sexed as they are still in early stages, neither time did I pay more than $120, I think the most was last time comming in at $116 with shipping. Surely you can agree this is a steal, 19 strains for less than $230 some people pay more than that for 10 and if using regs rarely will get 10 fems not to mention its only one strain.

So to me Ill take the "chance" even with the higher probability of getting hermies for results like that, and for me that "chance" is almost none considering im experienced and can provide what is called optimum conditions, although again I find this term can be used loosely since Ive experienced times of "stress" with no ill effects.
But I guess to a newbie it would be a rip off as that would be the simple explanation to cover grower error or inexperience as most people wont admit fault they just throw the blame somewhere. But people like us wont have this problem.
But you are right about fems comparing to reg seeds being my opinion, but my opinion is based on what Ive experienced first hand, would that make it fact..maybe..its just about as much fact as that article, someone had to test to get results, does that mean what they find is fact or does it mean they came to a conclusion based on tests and gave there opinion and this is then taken as fact? Either way, and again this is opinion but Id say fem seeds are not a ripoff by a long shot, they are a product with downsides ie: hermies, just like reg seeds ie: males. So, id say its less of an agument of who is right or wrong it just comes down to preference, im sorry you had a bad experience with fems that is a bummer hopfully I never experience the same. Nice posting bro heavy harvests to ya:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGrower420
Stranger
    #397813 - 04/07/10 05:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

look at you guys argueing about female seeds LMAO.. i dunno about all that i just know that the lowryder is hermie free! its a deviant! soo there is your proof that fem seeds can be made to be made only into females! read the decriptioon on atitude if you dont believe me its lowryder 1 or 2

OfflineTomCollins

#397830 - 04/07/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Grower420 said:
look at you guys argueing about female seeds LMAO..

Wow, in that case I'm out. I was arguing to save you some bucks man but I guess that doesn't matter very much.

Quote:

Grower420 said:i dunno about all that i just know that the lowryder is hermie free! its a deviant! soo there is your proof that fem seeds can be made to be made only into females! read the decriptioon on atitude if you dont believe me its lowryder 1 or 2

:facepalm: Holy crap....

A trusted cultivator and moderator agreed with me. Nuff said.

Go ahead and buy your seeds.

OfflineGrower420
Stranger
    #397835 - 04/07/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

no its just i already bought my fem seedsi usually but reg i just bought some auto female seeds

OfflineTomCollins

#397847 - 04/07/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Grower420 said:
no its just i already bought my fem seedsi usually but reg i just bought some auto female seeds

English or German please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds