Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
My political perception (sort of)
    #392007 - 03/29/10 05:15 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

First time sharing anything on here. So here goes....

Well I believe that most if not all the people that are currently in office within these so called governments are all corrupt in some way or form. The righteous so called politician for the people doesn't exist. And if they do, they either get assassinated or aren't making a big enough impact to be heard through all the ridiculousness. We live in a very topsy turvy world, but there's a hell of a lot more wrong out there than there is good and true. To think the opposite is just plain ignorance imho. There's far more restriction in this world than there is freedom. There is no balance between the two, unfortunately.

I can't label myself to any specific political party because none of them make any sort of sense. To me there all the same thing, just different names nowadays at least.

Honestly, I feel that at least here in America, we should create a new political system. Do away with the whole Republican and Democrat thing. People should vote for who ever they feel like without being labeled by belonging to a certain political party. And or feeling they have to belong to one.

I have a neutral stance on our current president. I feel as though this nation of ours hasn't had a good decent president since Jimmy Carter. To me he was the last guy that I felt actually cared about the people and tried doing some decent things (while in office). Which is a hell of a lot more in comparison with any of our recent past presidents/president (Douch Bag BUSH :mad2:).

On a side note, I'm still sorta baked :vaped:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: My political perception (sort of) [Re: DRAGON]
    #392009 - 03/29/10 05:55 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

DRAGON said:
First time sharing anything on here. So here goes....

Well I believe that most if not all the people that are currently in office within these so called governments are all corrupt in some way or form. The righteous so called politician for the people doesn't exist. And if they do, they either get assassinated or aren't making a big enough impact to be heard through all the ridiculousness. We live in a very topsy turvy world, but there's a hell of a lot more wrong out there than there is good and true. To think the opposite is just plain ignorance imho. There's far more restriction in this world than there is freedom. There is no balance between the two, unfortunately.

To a degree, I believe everyone is corrupt or becomes corrupt. Those that enter high levels of office with pure and good intention and lots of motivation and energy, are met by the incredible mounds of bureaucracy and soon realize that democracy unfortunately often forces actions that are without rationality, but of course it is done for the sake of maintaining the system that they work within. Soon they learn to be helpless, and they become weary and slowly apathetic.

In Germany for example, bureaucracy and "following protocol" is, in my mind, the one and unique characteristic of the Germans. I recently read a book called the collision of evil, and it's about how the CIA semi-successfully halts a terrorist attack in Germany. One of the dilemmas they faced in the book was they were not able to inform the German authorities on how they acquired information, because In Germany, human rights and privacy are absolute. So obviously the CIA was doing things like tapping phones and interrogating people but this is illegal in Germany even if for counter terrorism operations - because of that, the information would be disregarded and ignored even if lives were at risk.

So sometimes, one is faced with this problem: To do the right thing, you must break the rules - but what do we have as a people, if not a system that cannot be manipulated without consequences? This is how the Germans feel and I have to say I agree. I don't like it but honestly this is essentially what I think people want.

In my opinion, this is what often is the foundation of corruption and especially apathy among government officials. It is really hard and difficult to do good things sometimes within the government because every move seems to have obstacles while at the same time do as little as possible is the least strenuous and yet yields the same reward. I guess over time, the experience is numbing and soon we stop trying to break through and be good. We just learn stoop down, shut the fuck up, enjoy the money and the little comforts of life.

I worked briefly in a Government institution and I found it very frustrating . Decisions were often made that made no sense and contractors milked the fuck out of everything. We had no money for anything. Everybody just sort of went a long with it, because even to report abuse or anything like that was more work than it's worth.

Although some problems a government may face are easy to solve, they cannot be solved within the system. That's why I quit that job and will probably never work in a government funded organization ever again.

So I agree with you that there is no righteous politician, but I cannot help but feel that sometimes, the systems that we've put in place sometimes create corruption and apathy. Evil is merely the absence of good... I think there are good politicians in the world but I think they feel suppressed.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1