Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Texas - Needs to be messed with....
    #382925 - 03/13/10 10:12 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I don't know if anyone here follows (or gives a shit, you should!) about the Texas state school board.  But what's been happening over there (and this is nothing new) is very disturbing.  Wake the fuck up texans!  Basically here's what's going on, Texas state is one of the most powerful states when it comes to text books.  The states school board is making decisions like the one made in PA years ago about teaching creationism (or ID, i cant recall) in science classes.  Here's a bit of their decisions from just this past week:

Quote:

The Texas Board of Education has been meeting this week to revise its social studies curriculum. During the past three days, “the board’s far-right faction wielded their power to shape lessons on the civil rights movement, the U.S. free enterprise system and hundreds of other topics”:

– To avoid exposing students to “transvestites, transsexuals and who knows what else,” the Board struck the curriculum’s reference to “sex and gender as social constructs.”

– The Board removed Thomas Jefferson from the Texas curriculum, “replacing him with religious right icon John Calvin.”

– The Board refused to require that “students learn that the Constitution prevents the U.S. government from promoting one religion over all others.”

– The Board struck the word “democratic” from the description of the U.S. government, instead terming it a “constitutional republic.”

As the nation’s second-largest textbook market, Texas has enormous leverage over publishers, who often “craft their standard textbooks based on the specs of the biggest buyers.” Indeed, as The Washington Monthly has reported, “when it comes to textbooks, what happens in Texas rarely stays in Texas.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/03/12/texas-education-board-cuts-thomas-jefferson-out-of-its-textbooks/
Some of the comments on that page are great.  :lol:

It's crazy shit and the school board members responsible for this tyranny should be in jail for life.  I read a time magazine article about it a few months ago too.  It was sickening.  If you weren't aware of this, you are now, and that in itself is pretty important.  I implore you all to take a good look at your school board and vote god damnit.  This is one of the most important issues in the US today and yet we simply allow our children to become ever less intelligent.  This will catch up with us.  We've gotten so used to our cushy position as the worlds superpower but I fear that will be lost due to our absolutely terrible education system.

It's literally a state sanctioned effort to rewrite history according to their religious beliefs and they are succeeding. 

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

Re: Texas - Needs to be messed with.... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #382928 - 03/13/10 10:25 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

wtf.

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
It's crazy shit and the school board members responsible for this tyranny should be in jail for life.

THIS.

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #383005 - 03/13/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Dude this is soo fucked up, I'm really pissed off right now

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: Texas - Needs to be messed with.... [Re: volcomstoner]
    #383014 - 03/13/10 01:32 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

were moving to the dark ages once again , nothing you or me can do about it.

--------------------

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

#383016 - 03/13/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I don't know if anyone here follows (or gives a shit, you should!) about the Texas state school board.  But what's been happening over there (and this is nothing new) is very disturbing.  Wake the fuck up texans!  Basically here's what's going on, Texas state is one of the most powerful states when it comes to text books.  The states school board is making decisions like the one made in PA years ago about teaching creationism (or ID, i cant recall) in science classes.  Here's a bit of their decisions from just this past week:

Quote:

The Texas Board of Education has been meeting this week to revise its social studies curriculum. During the past three days, “the board’s far-right faction wielded their power to shape lessons on the civil rights movement, the U.S. free enterprise system and hundreds of other topics”:

– To avoid exposing students to “transvestites, transsexuals and who knows what else,” the Board struck the curriculum’s reference to “sex and gender as social constructs.”

– The Board removed Thomas Jefferson from the Texas curriculum, “replacing him with religious right icon John Calvin.”

– The Board refused to require that “students learn that the Constitution prevents the U.S. government from promoting one religion over all others.”

– The Board struck the word “democratic” from the description of the U.S. government, instead terming it a “constitutional republic.”

As the nation’s second-largest textbook market, Texas has enormous leverage over publishers, who often “craft their standard textbooks based on the specs of the biggest buyers.” Indeed, as The Washington Monthly has reported, “when it comes to textbooks, what happens in Texas rarely stays in Texas.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/03/12/texas-education-board-cuts-thomas-jefferson-out-of-its-textbooks/
Some of the comments on that page are great.  :lol:

It's crazy shit and the school board members responsible for this tyranny should be in jail for life.  I read a time magazine article about it a few months ago too.  It was sickening.  If you weren't aware of this, you are now, and that in itself is pretty important.  I implore you all to take a good look at your school board and vote god damnit.  This is one of the most important issues in the US today and yet we simply allow our children to become ever less intelligent.  This will catch up with us.  We've gotten so used to our cushy position as the worlds superpower but I fear that will be lost due to our absolutely terrible education system.

It's literally a state sanctioned effort to rewrite history according to their religious beliefs and they are succeeding. 

send. this. post. to. your. congressman.

i did :wink:

--------------------
doin doin'

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Texas - Needs to be messed with.... [Re: Moonajuana Time]
    #383036 - 03/13/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

i wouldn't recommend that to anyone.  idk what kind of authority congress has over the situation with shitty school board members.  Or are you looking at some other aspect of the issue?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

#383041 - 03/13/10 03:08 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

i meant just make them aware of it. or let them know that you're aware of it. i wouldn't send that exact post :lol:

--------------------
doin doin'

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #383047 - 03/13/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

god bless texas, bitches.

:finger:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Texas - Needs to be messed with.... [Re: MFDoom666]
    #383054 - 03/13/10 03:54 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
god bless texas, bitches.

:finger:

Everything's bigger in Texas, especially conservatism.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Texas - Needs to be messed with.... [Re: ChillWillis]
    #383055 - 03/13/10 04:00 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

conserve these nuts, son.

:lolsy:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
    #383057 - 03/13/10 04:08 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

you have to understand where MFDoom666 is coming from

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#383105 - 03/13/10 07:03 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
conserve these nuts, son.

:lolsy:

:curbyourenthusiam:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom