Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question
    #382135 - 03/11/10 07:07 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I'm currently looking for a good Organic soil mix for my outdoor grow this year. I'm planning on growing 50 Afghan Kush plants in 10 gallon pots and I'm having a problem finding a realistic mix.

After reading The Organics for beginners, I'm intrigued by the idea of adding the nutes in the soil for the whole grow process, rather than adding throughout the grow. The reason for this is because it will be enough work tying down and grooming 50 females as it is with my work schedule.

I currently have the kelp meal, blood meal, green sand, and bone meal. What I'm asking I guess is, should I buy (8) 3.8 cubit feet bails of Pro-Mix or would it be more sensible to buy 3 or 4 and mix it with some dark soil that I can find, or is that a bad idea due to insects and other variables? What would be a possible solution.

Thank you!

++ Also I would like to start the plants indoors a month prior to putting them outdoors. Would 400w of MH be sufficient to start them?

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Edited by Agent 47 (03/11/10 07:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: Agent 47]
    #383452 - 03/14/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I can't help with your actual question, but thought I should mention you might be pushing it trying to keep 50 plants under only a 400w for a month...  Maybe 50 just sounds like alot... A little quick calculation makes me think 50 4" pots might just about max out the recommended < 3'x3' footprint of a 400w.  Fluorescent might be an idea just for ease of coverage, and wattage probably wouldn't be a problem for at least the first 2-3 weeks with an average fluoro.  You should still try to bounce the idea off some more experienced growers than myself though before you make any decisions.

Also you should definitely start a grow log once you start gettin down to business on your girls!
Sounds fun man, good luck... :thumbup:

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: DudeTron]
    #396994 - 04/06/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If you start them inside under 400w MH you should be fine. Be sure to move the plants around to avoid the outside plants stretching unless uniform growth matters little to you.

Your soil additives sound good. Personally I'd keep it simple and buy some bags of black earth and mix it with a basic potting soil.

--------------------

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: CDXX]
    #400461 - 04/13/10 01:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Pro mix is legit. You can stretch your budget with an added top soil+nutes, but the effort is lame. How far are you going to have to carry 500 gallons of dirt? Not far I hope, but 4 real not TOO close!

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: jwes420]
    #401397 - 04/14/10 05:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

how are you starting them? you said 50 fems in the first post but also said 400w mh indoors? clones? seeds?

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: creep 1nc]
    #437499 - 06/25/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Seeds. Thanks you all for your posts, I'm sorry I wasn't here to respond to any of your responses, I feel like a dick, but I had a lot going on forgot about this post. However, I'm bout to put a log up if anyone wants to check it out.

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: Agent 47]
    #440447 - 07/01/10 11:14 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I guess you can do 50 plants in a sog under 400W. If that is the case 10 gallon containers are ridiculous for the plants. If you are vegging the plants till 3-4 feet then I suppose 10 gallon containers are in order. In that case, using traditional HID lighting you would need 3000W + of HPS.

Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing and have never grown before. Try reading on growing methods before attempting it. Still you will have no idea what you are really doing until you try. But from what I'm reading you have no concept of the reality of growing cannabis.

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Med-Large Scale Outdoor Organic Question [Re: fungi]
    #445632 - 07/12/10 08:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fungi said:
I guess you can do 50 plants in a sog under 400W. If that is the case 10 gallon containers are ridiculous for the plants. If you are vegging the plants till 3-4 feet then I suppose 10 gallon containers are in order. In that case, using traditional HID lighting you would need 3000W + of HPS.

Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing and have never grown before. Try reading on growing methods before attempting it. Still you will have no idea what you are really doing until you try. But from what I'm reading you have no concept of the reality of growing cannabis.

:lol: I got everything worked out. I was talking about just starting them early indoors, not completing the grow cycle indoors. Instead I waited for the normal time you should plant, and proceeded. As for the 10 gallon pots being ridiculous, based on your interpretation, I agree. However, not even being started early they are already outgrowing the 7 gallon pots that were potted up from a 1 gallon, it's close to flowering, but not still not there yet. Next year I'm purchasing 15 gallons 20 Gallon, and even then they will require some potting.

I've lost my camera but would love to show you guys some awesome organic plant teas, and the process on making them. They can be made of common plants in your area. Stinging nettle is an awesome free organic veg nutrient. Search Nettle Tea Fertilizer, or Fermented Plant Extracts on Google.

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Edited by Agent 47 (08/26/10 12:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds