Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

First grow! CFL Closet Project - TroublexWW(Pro Picture Update 4/8)
    #381871 - 03/11/10 11:57 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Disclaimer : My friend uses my computer and posts a lot of bullshit on random websites, this is an act of his doing. Not mine. I don't even exist, nor do I know what "Marijuana" is, what is it?

Ok so I finally got my closet set up and got pots and all that. Still need temp meters and a fan, that will come next friday.

Currently I have 6, 27 watt CFL's on a strip, totaling 158 total watts (Which I know is not enough for three plants) which I will double or 2.5 by next friday.

Three AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering seeds are currently germinating, and I have some "plantable pots" ready for when they are ready to sprout roots.

Heres a few pictures of my closet for now

Didn't finish foiling the box before I took that last picture, thinking about just getting mylar instead of using foil. Foil will do for now.

***UPDATE*** 3/11/2010

Planted three seeds into Sphagnum Peat Moss and Worm Casting soil. Gave it a little watter and WHOO!! How long does it usually take to see little green action coming out of the soil?

***UPDATE*** 3/15
Five of my White Widow x Troublemaker seeds popped open this morning. Planted them in soil and watered. Lets see what happens!

***UPDATE*** 3/17
One ak47 seed and one Troublemaker x White Widow seed have finally popped out of the ground. I currently have three 26watt CFL's on 24/7. Is this bad? Or no?

***UPDATE*** 3/18
Two more seeds have sprouted. I am SO excited! Other two seeds have opened up their leaves as well. Made some humi domes for em. Can't wait to get back from work to see how they are doing :laugh:

***UPDATE***3/19
So I went to the hydro store today and bought some Mylar film even though I have seen a lot of people on here talking down about it. Lined my little box up with it and WOW! Looks amazing. All the sprouts are now at about 2 inches tall now. Also picked up a bottle of Grow Big and mixed 1/2 tsp/gallon and dunked all my seedlings (which are in jiffy pots) into it.

Also, none of my AK47xDiesel seeds ended up sprouting :[ Sorry Kapt...I didn't do good with them, but the TWxWW are doing fantastic!

***UPDATE***4/2
So I bought two big clones that are already in flowering stage. I definitely think I need to buy more lights for these pups....I think they are Super Lemon Haze perhaps? The dude said it was a lemon strain. Anyways, horrible quality cause i took them with my roommates phone. Also, two pictures of my two little baby plants.

Full Closet

Norman

Jerry

Another shot of my new big mommas

***UPDATE***4/9 PICS!

Both babies under the lights

Jerry

Norman

Planning on upping their dosage of nutrients from 1/2 tbsp to 3/4 tbsp/gal (Thanks Diesel) and transplanting them probably when they get to their 6-7 node. I can already see roots popping out of the holes in the bottom of the pot. I have them under 5 26w cfl's 24/7. They seem to like it.

Let me know what you think! Thanks

***UPDATE***4/16  1 month. 2 days
Huge picture update. Finally got my d40 out of pawn ;] Temperature is stable at around 74 degrees 24/7. Have the lights on 24/7 with a fan on inside the closet. To provide fresh air I open and close the doors every thirty minutes. Humidity is 40 percent. Not sure what the PH of my soil is because I keep forgetting to buy PH test strips. Umm...what else. Norman is hungry for some nutes, which he (hopefully, really, a she :wink: tomorrow. Now that I added the two 55watt bulbs I have a total of 266 watts. I will most likely add two more 55w bulbs in a couple weeks.
Oh....and Denise Richards is fuckin bangin!

First up...the lights. I just added those two massive 55w CFL's today. LOVIN IT!

Now for my babies.
Here is Jerry

Here is Norman

And here are the flowering plants that I took off a friends hands.

**UPDATE***May 1st - Day 46 of veg? I think? I think my plants should be bigger than this but oh well.

Taken on my phone, cause my camera is en route to washington

My LST Rigging

HEADIE PICTURE UPDATE! HIGH QUALITY. Update - 4/8/2010

Warning - I got mad arsty with the editing and the angles. Maybe some POTM noms noms? ;]

Nute Burn :[

Edited by hopanshrubman (05/08/10 02:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #381931 - 03/11/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Looking forward to what you will do, since its kinda like my project, just with more plants. Good Luck Hopan!

One question, what's up with this "Disclaimer"? Are you serious or are you trying to remain "stealthy" on the Internet (which you pretty much already are)?

Quote:

hopanshrubman said:
Disclaimer : My friend uses my computer and posts a lot of bullshit on random websites, this is an act of his doing. Not mine. I don't even exist, nor do I know what "Marijuana" is, what is it?

^I find this line oddly confusing....

Quote:

hopanshrubman said:
Currently I have 6, 27 watt CFL's on a strip, totaling 158 total watts (Which I know is not enough for three plants) which I will double or 2.5 by next friday.

As for your current amount of light, that's plenty, especially if you haven't sprouted them yet.

Inverted told me in my journal that he used "I used (2) 42 watters and (4) 30 watters to veg these 5 plants, but I started with about 10 and culled the males" (Inverted 2010, All CFL...journal).

If you add up the watts, its like 204 watts, or about 20 watts per plant (when he had 10 plants growing at once). So, for baby seedlings, 158 watts for 3 is plenty, maybe even a little too much. But if you got the money to pay the bill, always go for more light. But from Inverted's experience, more is not always needed.

Anyway, looking forward to see these AK's Growing

Automatic AK-47s! Watch Out!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #381935 - 03/11/10 01:31 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah the disclaimer is meant to be confusing. If it confused you then its working hahahaha.

But yeah, I currently have five seeds soaking in a cup, and three seeds in paper towl on a plate inside of a bag.

I just want them to POP already! I am going to put some soil into these
http://www.rona.ca/img/product/small/2009768.jpg

And then I should poke a small hole in the soil and put the seed in there, then cover it back up with soil right?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #381940 - 03/11/10 01:39 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Pretty much. But when I did mine, I buried my seed dry and sprouted it from within the soil. I buried mine about 1/2" in the soil, then covered it with soil.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be any different for pre-soaked seeds either. About 1/2" depth.

And when you plant them, don't forget to wrap some clear plastic sheeting over the pots and attach it to each of your pots outer edge with rubber bands. This will keep the humidity up, which seedlings love.

Hope that helps.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #382035 - 03/11/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

good luck, I did a run with the ak x diesel autos myself and they were a lot of fun to grow.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: coda]
    #382114 - 03/11/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Ok so I could just plant the seeds dry and not have to wait for the Radicle to sprout out?!

Ok and heres another thing. I have some Sphagnum Peat Moss and Worm Castings soil. A friend of mine that used to grow said he never even heard of perlite and it would be fine for me to just mix up the soil and plant the seed into it.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #382206 - 03/11/10 07:58 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Plant them dry? Radicle? What is a radicle?

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #382208 - 03/11/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Plant them dry? Radicle? What is a radicle?

Hahaha its the little root that pops out of the seed isn't it? Whatever I just planted three seeds. Pictures coming soon.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #382212 - 03/11/10 08:02 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Wow weird, I can't believe I've never heard that before! Where'd you learn that word?  even people in professional greenhouses doing research on plant genetics just call it the taproot :lol:  (For Eudicots of course... and sometimes monocots, but generally just out of laziness)

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382216 - 03/11/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I can honestly not properly recall where I learned it hahaha.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow! CFL Closet Project - AK47 x Diesel Autoflowering [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #382219 - 03/11/10 08:08 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Wait, are you joking around Harry? You should know what that is, considering your extensive educational background.

If not, we all forget sometimes right? I had to look it up too, but the name did sound familiar...The first thing I thought was "Its radical dude!".

Here's what I found from this website:

Quote:

A radicle (8) (an embryonic root) is first to emerge when germination starts.

As for the "plant seeds dry" thing, I think he was refering to what I did, which was plant them in the soil dry, then soak the medium (in my case soil). There's many ways to germinate a seed, just do some searching if you wanna try something different than the classic "put seed in soil" procedure.

Wish the best for your Grow,
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382225 - 03/11/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

tyvm TrueHerb! I got the babies in there now. Don't have a timer yet so tomorrow at 1 PM I have to switch the lights off for 6 hours. I WILL remember. I will :]

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #382229 - 03/11/10 08:13 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Wait, are you joking around Harry? You should know what that is, considering your extensive educational background.

If not, we all forget sometimes right? I had to look it up too, but the name did sound familiar...The first thing I thought was "Its radical dude!".

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

I know, I honestly couldn't fucking believe it either :rofl2:

I'm sure I've heard it somewhere along the line, but it's never in common usage so it must have just slipped my mind.

hopmanshrub- why are you turning the lights off for 6 hours? Do you have living plants right now? If it's just the seeds then you shouldn't even bother with turning the lights on in the first place.

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382231 - 03/11/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

So are you saying I should turn the lights off immediately until I see them sprout? And leave them off?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #382234 - 03/11/10 08:16 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I mean, the light literally does nothing for them until they're above the soil surface so why waste the electricity? The only thing I could see it helping with is keeping soil temps nice and warm

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382237 - 03/11/10 08:16 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Ok so I turned the CFL's off but left the closet light on.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #382238 - 03/11/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

haha word. What's the air temp like in there?

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382241 - 03/11/10 08:19 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
haha word. What's the air temp like in there?

Not 100 percent sure but the house heat has been left on 75-F for the past week.

And I know I should have a thermo in there, couldn't afford one at this point in time. I figured it would be ok until next week at least as long as the house temp doesn't undergo any serious changes

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #382242 - 03/11/10 08:20 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

sounds great to me :thumbup: good luck!

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#382243 - 03/11/10 08:22 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate your guys' help a loooooooooot!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds