Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab
    #381737 - 03/11/10 07:44 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Finally decided I oughtta have a place for my grows to call home and share my pictures.

Here's what I'm working with:
250w HPS with magnetic ballast, no reflector
In a 2x2x4' wood cab
240CFM 4" value inline
Temps remain 70-80 during the day (so far)  63-70 at night

My veg box is a 12"x24" nook with 120w of CFL

I feed with the basic Fox Farms line plus Cha-Ching, a little superthrive, and molasses.

Right now I've got 3 very different bagseed strains flowering.

This lanky girl sprouted 1/17, vegged for 27 days, flipped 2/13

3/1

3/11

She smells like citrus and is starting to develop trichomes.  freaked me out with her stretch but is really filling in nicely... I've started to appreciate her more and more as she looks so pretty and keeps packing on buds... and again smells great.

The skunky one sprouted 1/17, vegged 35 days, flipped 2/21:

3/3

This one's been extremely easy to grow... never had a single problem with her until today I noticed I overwatered a little bit.  She's also cloned extremely well...  I've been pulling for her the most since she's always been so bushy and clearly indica/afghani... I'm hoping for some density with her.  She smells skunky/peppery so far.

I'm also flowering a clone of the bagseed I just harvested, flipped 3/7

Here they are today, 3/11

I'll try to get non-HPS pics in the future.  Can't wait to see how these turn out.  I'm excited about these genetics, cause even though they're bagseed, I know they're from a collection of some really dank buds.

These seem to be flowering full speed too... I'm having a hard time imagining another 4-5 weeks with these girls...  Either they'll be huge or maybe I can hope for some fast finishing.  Anyway, I'm glad I got off my ass and made a log...

Thanks guys and good grows.
~DT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: DudeTron]
    #387272 - 03/20/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Alright... So the ladies are just chuggin along. 

Lanky girl (left of cab shots)  Is at day 35 of flower
Skunky bitch (right side) is now at day 27 of flower
And first grow clone chick is just now at day 13 flowering (foreground)

I'm still having problems with lanky girl that I can't figure out... Hopefully I can just keep her healthy for another month.  Some of her pistils have JUST started turning orange.  Also her main cola is fucking :drooling:... it's ALMOST as big as a beer can now.  Trichome production is kickin in and some of the shadier budsites are lookin real frosty.   

Skunky bitch:  What can I say... she's still been a dream to work with.  Finally started to see some signs of needing a little feeding, so I gave her an aggressive dose of nutes.  I'm pretty comfortable she'll handle it just fine.  I can't believe she's gotten as tall as the other one.  Her calyxs are more petite, with skinnier pistils, but occur in more abundance...  I think this is the key to bud density, and probably a trademark of skunky plants.  Really nothing to write home about yet as far as trichomes are concerned... but I'll bet this next week will prove me wrong. 

My first grow clone is getting thick... she's actually a pretty small plant, but worth having in the flower room vs not.  Also I chucked some pollen at her just today!  I fertilized a decent budsite thoroughly with pollen from my first seed run. I really have no idea what to expect... The male was a skunky aggressive vegger which flowered without hesitation... Hopefully it might add a little stretch to the female... Either way it was fun and I hope for some great seeds with 6 weeks left to go on her.

Her:      The Male:

Getting excited....  I Really need these to finish up before it gets much warmer.  I'm going to have to re-engineer my whole cab just for the warmer months if I want to continue operating it...  Though I might just give it a total break so that I don't have to worry about it, going on vacation/camping etc...
First day of spring today baby!  Got my peas and carrots and shit planted outside this weekend too!

Grow on bruthas!

Edited by DudeTron (03/20/10 01:39 PM)

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #388079 - 03/22/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 21 hours ago)

Keep the updates coming. I love 250 hps grows. Looking good so far!

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: Ojom]
    #388132 - 03/22/10 04:39 AM (14 years, 18 hours ago)

This is looking sexy.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #390239 - 03/26/10 04:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Alrite... bad news.  Man it WAS lookin sexy too, thanks Hops

So, lanky bitch is actually transsexual cunt of infuriating bullshit... Or, a hermie.

Here's a pic of one of the nanners of which I've found many now

Man she smelled so fucking :drooling: like pineapple...  Here's her premature destruction:

Probably almost an ounce of some really racy undesirable buds.

So what I wanna know is... Do I kill the clone too?  Should I hope that she hermied because she was in such a small pot and didn't receive proper nutes?  I need you guys to chime in on that one for me...

I think my skunky bush is going to be okay though... I have a feeling one of the lower buds may have been pollinated a bit, and I expect a seed or two now at least in her somewhere.  But I think I'll still have plenty of sensi.  I sprayed everything down lightly with water as soon as I removed the hermi, hoping to sterilize any pollen just sitting around.

So anyway.... :thumbdown:  :grrr:  :crankey:  :bitch:

But, to find a positive, I caught it early(ish), still have a pile of crappy buds, and have more room in the flower box.  I just need my shit to hurry up and veg now...

In the Nook I've got a clone of each of the girls... the 3 little ones (fourth one is dead, do not look at her) are from my first grow plant...  

The small 3 in the middle have been rooted about a week or so... The other two rooted about 3 weeks ago, and could probably flower in a week or two... again though, should I kill the hermi clone?

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #390568 - 03/26/10 09:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If space isn't a major concern you could always flower it out and keep a close eye on it for male flowers again. My recent experience with bagseed is that once a hermie, the clones are likely to hermie as well.

Quite often bagseeds are themselves the result of hermaphrodites, and therefore likely to become hermaphrodites. If you do flower the clone, expect it to hermie as well.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #397201 - 04/06/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Bring on the updates!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#398173 - 04/08/10 05:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow it has been awhile... Thanks man.  I've been busy lately and kind of dissapointed with my setup.

Basically my cab needs it's first overhaul and to be taken out of prototype... I need to address the door, the intake, clean my fan (it's getting louder?) and just needs a tune-up... Since I've been so busy it's stressing me out and I've planned to get my last real plant flowered and out so I can tweak the box.

Also, I'm dissapointed that I'm only really growing 1 plant again... I damn near killed my little clone, and I'm sure it received quite the dusting of pollen... So she's just irritating me too....

Anyway, the plant I DO have going is kicking ass... She's at day 46 or week 6 1/2.  She just threw out a really good set of flowers a few days ago and doesn't seem to be ready to quit anytime soon... Not alot of aging calyxs on her.  I'm wondering if she might take another 3 weeks or so.

I had planned a flush, but I was expecting a quick 8 week flower because of it's indica traits... I fed two days ago and was thinking 10+ day flush... If she needs to go longer than that, I definitely need to feed and I'm thinking she will...

Anyway heres some light's off pics I took a little bit ago...

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#398175 - 04/08/10 06:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was pokin around around had to take a couple more pics...

Abused plant... :frown:

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #398181 - 04/08/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said: 

Those are GREAT looking bagseed buds, or any buds for that matter. Nice grow so far!

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #398203 - 04/08/10 08:45 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looking awesome. How do you get those amazing leaf colors?!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #398744 - 04/09/10 05:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Right on thanks guys... Just wish I had four of those in there...

And the colors, well, the purple is probably because my cab gets down to about 60 at lights off, and it's been cold as shit lately anyway, and the gold is because she's actually pretty hungry.  I've been really lean with the nutes on her the entire grow.  Probably just goes to show it really IS better to underfeed rather than over feed.

I really did find some winner genetics here though... This plant is the most forgiving of the 3 strains I've dealt with so far, she clones easy, and has a great skunk/pepper (getting more fruity) smell going on.  My only complaint is that I can't get her to display that "happy plant" leaves reaching for the sky thing.  Neither can my buddy who I gave a cutting to.  I think it's just her thick heavy leaves... She also drinks very heavily it seems.

Anyway, I went to go take a look at my cuttings and ended up having a re-pot session and then got baked and forgot where I was going with this so thanks for lookin dudes!

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#401705 - 04/15/10 06:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Couple pics of my ever ripening little girl.  Day 53 and on a strict diet of molasses only for the past 8 days.  Looking at the trichomes I might just be satisfied with a solid 60 day flower.  Even the least mature buds have almost all cloudy trichs, and some of the lower stuff has as much as 40% amber scattered about.  I think this next week would be anyone's target week for optimum harvest... I'm gonna try my damndest to just forget about her for as long as possible though... I could definitely tolerate a 65 day couchlock harvest if my patience holds up

Anyway, I'm also really excited to get some remodeling under way for the cab too... I'm going to shoot for enough optimization to squeeze out one last harvest before it gets too warm.  Also really need to address some scathing light leaks.  I wasn't gonna mention it but I even found a couple nanners on this plant too, suspiciously as I moved her into the harvested one's old location.  At least now I can hope that other strain might survive in a suitable (light proof) cab, as it's obviously my fault and not necessarily just shitty genetics.

A quick list for my own memory  :blazed: if nothing else cause I keep thinking of this list, and everytime I forget something:
  Intake register pulled into cab 1" so it's not touching back wall, painted flat black.
  Walls behind cab sheeted in black poster board or black poly or black paint.
  Re-caulk, re-paint
  Ballast moved to (somewhere other than on top of the cab)
  Rehang door
  Clean Fan
  Change on/off hours to be more summer friendly
  Re-engineer exhaust?
  Change Carbon?

Booya, a little spring cleaning...

I've even got a few cuttings which are outgrowing my spaces (both veg and getting a little iffy on finish-height)

Anyway, probably harvest time next time guys :rockon:  :whoo:  :vineclimb:  :bongload:

Edited by DudeTron (04/15/10 06:32 AM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #401708 - 04/15/10 06:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Damn DudeTron, that is a long way from your first grow here. Looking great! :super:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #401711 - 04/15/10 06:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's a chunky gal you got there :thumbup:

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: 250w HPS Soil Bagseed Cab [Re: DungenessDank]
    #403425 - 04/18/10 08:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Right on Dungie D, just the way I like em  :pimp3:

Man it got hot in the cab lately... It's at the whim of spring like 20F above ambient.  Kinda slowed her roll a bit.  She's just drinkin water and wimpering a bit, but maybe  it'll slow down new pistil formation enough to shoot for a more uniform harvest of what I've got.

Ton of seeds forming in the other mini bush clone plant. She got a little friendlier with the hermie bitch than my big one, but I'll still be lucky if there's not a half pack of seeds somewhere in her fat ass too.

Anyway grow on dudes, and enjoy that spring feeling this weekend.  Might even be a couple morels out there with my name on em already....

Almost forgot early smoke: smells alot like this stuff around lately called God... Skunky and cedar aromas with only a little sweetness.  Though I think some of that musky/cedar will fade with the cure like the oily smells of my other plant did maybe.  Very smooth already too even after a fan dry.  Really noticable in my hot smoking stubby wood pipe.... Man I can't wait for this stuff.

Edited by DudeTron (04/18/10 09:08 AM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#403577 - 04/18/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Decided to throw in a couple pictures of my meager veg setup... 
  I'm really outgrowing it pretty quickly.  I'd love to get more light in there too... Only got two 23w CFLs and a 55w for a total of ~100w... which isn't that bad and I think the reflectors help ALOT. 
  I've just noticed that they really slow down after about 3-4 weeks too... and my buddy is crankin away with like 600w and he's got clones of mine taken at the same time which are almost twice as big.... though bigger could be a problem for me too. 
  I wanna build another little box, maybe not quite 2x2 and utilize a 260CFM squirrel cage I found at work for it, then look into something along the lines of a 175w MH or so.... we'll see....

Group shot... my space is almost exactly the size of the heat mat I've got (not in use currently)

This is a clone of the big girl I've got flowering now... she's been rooted for about 6 weeks.  I'm going to spread the four tops apart a bit before flowering, maybe top again?

This is my crazy first plant clone... she always looks like she's 2 weeks into flower no matter what, and mostly only has single and 3 bladed leaves, trichs, the works... weird ass plant, always nice and green though...

And the one on the right of the group shot is a clone from the hermie girl that left a few weeks ago... I have renewed hope in her and will have to start taking better care of her now that I think she may not hermie.... They all could use a little food.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #404018 - 04/20/10 03:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:

That is definetely crazy. Have you been able to clone her while she's in that state? When was the last time you cloned her. I can't imagine that being a viable mother.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#404027 - 04/20/10 03:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah man... she's very interesting... The genetics are a couple days shy of six months old.  That one's a cutting of a cutting, taken on 3/7.. so it's been rooted about a month... Man she's really not that big though when I think about it that way, I guess I should probably repot at least..  I've also never fed them, lol.  That might help too
  It's actually pretty cool though... The clones have 0 stretch when flowered, they just fill in all the way to the dirt.  I can't tell if they're any faster cause the one I'm flowering now is heavily pollinated so I just can't tell how far along she is... I could get in there with the microscope though I guess.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#405642 - 04/22/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well guess what... It looks like I've got BC God Bud in the cab.

I did a little super sleuthing and actually figured out what my fucking bagseed is.  I can't believe I can put a real name to her...

So it goes like this...  I got these seeds from 'dude' who only deals in the finest of herb, often from cali clubs... fast forward, about a week ago, my grow buddy finds a seed in some bud called God from the same 'dude'...  This got me thinking.  Later I notice they smell extremely similar. 
  And let me tell you, this is some stanky fucking danky guys.  You open the container your god buds are in so much as a cunt hair and you've got problem-level odors.. I mean, the smell just expands forever, rooms away from the tiniest exposure. 

ANYWAY, I get to thinking about it and I'm like, 'huh I just might have some god buds'  But what are the odds right?  So I decided to see what google has to say about it:

Just try and tell me that's not my plant... Also, my girlfriend kept saying it smelled like authentic fresh spearmint, and I'm like whatev cause I can't really identify with that smell.  This guy  got it just right though when he said "Brief description of taste/effects: Amazing smelling bud. Very powerful aroma (don't open in public places) with spearmint, and an almost terroir sort of healthy earthy sense to it."

Dude, I can't believe I have fucking cup winning genetics... and I REALLY can't believe I figured it out... :whoo:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck