Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#3) WHEN IN DOUBT FLUSH THEM OUT! * 1
    #379941 - 03/08/10 11:16 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Today's Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tip. Rule #3. When in doubt. Flush them out. If you don't know what your plants are doing. If they are yellowing for some "unknown reason". Don't assume they are underfed and continue pounding them with nutrients. Wash them out. Give them a drink to wash their meal down with. Wipe the slate clean. Then start feeding again. There is no harm in giving your plants a watering or two in between feedings. There is a lot of energy left in the leaves to sustain the plant for a week or two, pounded under lights. So. one or two waterings in a row. Just to make sure that you don't have a salt build-up is not gonna kill them. Don't drown them out. When in doubt. Flush them out.:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#3) WHEN IN DOUBT FLUSH THEM OUT! [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #379959 - 03/08/10 11:35 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Just for the record, in your signature pic the nematodes are the worm looking things, not the bug looking things.

Sorry for the derail but I just saw that :smile:

--------------------

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#3) WHEN IN DOUBT FLUSH THEM OUT! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #380047 - 03/08/10 01:26 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Thank you for that. I don't feel that you derailed me at all. Good looking out.

My Grow Tips Shred!:smile:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#3) WHEN IN DOUBT FLUSH THEM OUT! [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #380088 - 03/08/10 02:24 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

I totally agree.  I have noticed that salt buildups can go undiscovered until they are already causing a stunt, and/or problems with nutrient uptake.

It is very beneficial to give plants a flush every 3-4 weeks, especially with a medium that can handle large volumes of water frequently and not become soggy.  There is a ton of perlite in my soil mix (FFOF) and it's very easy to flush whenever I want because it seems like the soil doesn't really hold much water, instead much of it runs off, taking some buildup with it.

I started seeing the first signs of clawing/lockout and gave them a good 2 day long flush a few days ago and it instantly stopped the problem, now I'm back on the feeding and hopefully they will take off, because they were already burning through their N reserves and I'm only 5 out of 9-10 weeks into bloom.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds