Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

outdoors? any good guides
    #371411 - 02/23/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hey guys. well as many of you have experienced I just can't stop myself from expanding. spring is right around the corner and I am thinking about doing a few small outdoor patches just for kicks. I go camping nearly every weekend and have a few spots picked out along creeks in the back country.

I thought about spots along water since it would be likely that I would only get out to the grow once a month or so. I know the dirt stay pretty moist and one of the spots actually gets flooded a couple times during summer when they open up the damns.

I have a load of questions and if there is a good discussion already I would rather read it then rehash. My main questions are along the lines of how big of clones would you put outside, how long might they go in between checks and how far from roads and trails do you guys try to get before considering a spot? what preparations do you do to the soil, surrounding land? do you use any kind of camouflage?

I am planning to do like 4 or 5 plants per spot and using clones from my new momma. We have a short outdoor season so I definatlly want to get some clones to transplant

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoors? any good guides [Re: pha3r0]
    #371423 - 02/23/10 11:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

. I know the dirt stay pretty moist and one of the spots actually gets flooded a couple times during summer when they open up the damns.

Stays moist good gets flooded bad.

Quote:

My main questions are along the lines of how big of clones would you put outside,

All depends on the temps and the animals in the area. If temps are moderate and the animals leave the plants alone then you can put them out at any size. The younger the plant the more the animals like em. Deer rarely eat budding plants for example.

Quote:

how long might they go in between checks

That is gonna depend on strain and once again the temps in your area and such plus the water holding ability of the soil being used. Usually a few days.

Quote:

how far from roads and trails do you guys try to get before considering a spot?

Depends on the size of the crop and how badly you don't wanna get caught. For myself it's hours away from any popular places for people to hang out, drive, hike or anything else.

My outdoor work

Get ready for the amount of work you have coming. Like digging the holes in the winter when the soil is moist and takes half the work. In other words it's time to start now.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: outdoors? any good guides [Re: Magash]
    #371601 - 02/23/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to thread jack but this question is directed at Magash.

How do you manage outdoor spots on the west coast when the cops are looking for the crops in the remote areas that we all desire, using helicopters to spot small fields like yours that don't seem to have trees covering them.

I saw this in a video on tv, believed it was called Marijuana Inc.

Just asking, not trying to spook anybody out, just curious to know how you sneak an elephant out of a crowded room?

By the way, those pictures are amazing, you lucky man!

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: outdoors? any good guides [Re: NightGrower]
    #371904 - 02/23/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thanks magash I will start acting on this i guess i have a few camping trips to make, ahh shucks it's still a bit cold for the wife to with :rofl:

As for strain selection if i want to do clones i only have one option. i know its a mixed breed and I expect that even outside i can tie it down to under 3 or 4 feet. my plan is to cut into existing vegitation so they fill in and I was thinking about doing maybe 5 along one spot and so on. so if one spot get found by theives they might only find a few of the plants and I would have a couple other spots untouched.

I given my prep space and that our last freeze is may 17 i think i have some time before i need to start any clones but maybe in a month will be about right.

Any tips on packing it all in magash? mainly clones i am thinking about using 2ltr bottles again for pots and i can get some of those plastic trays hmmm got lots of brainstorming to do.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: outdoors? any good guides [Re: NightGrower]
    #371971 - 02/23/10 10:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:
Sorry to thread jack but this question is directed at Magash.

How do you manage outdoor spots on the west coast when the cops are looking for the crops in the remote areas that we all desire, using helicopters to spot small fields like yours that don't seem to have trees covering them.

I saw this in a video on tv, believed it was called Marijuana Inc.

Just asking, not trying to spook anybody out, just curious to know how you sneak an elephant out of a crowded room?

By the way, those pictures are amazing, you lucky man!

Well the first mistake is believing the shows on the news stations. They hardly check the remote areas but concentrate on the federal lands. If I had a nickle now for every time I saw the choppers fly over while standing in the middle of a bunch of plants I wouldn't need to grow now.

I can think of a few places in both So Cal (esp down there) and in Nor Cal (Nor Cal is the grow mecca. Way ahead of the So Cal area in growing which is evident by the price difference between the two halves of the state) where you can get away with a few thousand plants in one area. :wink:

Plus for California the batches of plants I put up pics of are considered pretty small. :flyhigh:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: outdoors? any good guides [Re: Magash]
    #371977 - 02/23/10 10:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If i had a nickle for every time I was standing in the middle of a bunch of plants, I would have exactly 10 cents :smile: but hey, i'm working on that

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck