Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesNicklefrits
Stranger

Lighting, space, and roduction capabilities???
    #361471 - 02/10/10 02:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hello fellow comrades,

I am brand new to the sport of marijuana growing and cultivating  practices. I was thinking of producing either 6 large plants or a set of 2 by 12 rows, "sea of green" style.  I was wondering which would be the more practical way TO produce the most while still bringing beautiful flowering buds to your plants. I want to grow in my room with no real worry to how much I sacrifice in room.  i will be vey conscious about my practice and plan to build my boxes which are necessary for growing such a crop.  I was just wondering which might be the most lucrative way to light such a system and what would be the the system you might choose.  Please be honest with me and let me know what I'm getting into.  It honestly looks like quite the task, but I am motivated to do well.  Thank you for any help, and remember any other advice would be helpful.
Help with Newbies Growrom!!!
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (02/10/10 02:11 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Lighting, space, and roduction capabilities??? [Re: sNicklefrits]
    #361474 - 02/10/10 02:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i personally think thats alot of plants to try and manage on your first grow especially trying to grow indoors, if i was you id try grow 3 large firstly to get the hang of it but thats just me. Firstly just trying to get a grip on your situation, how much is your budget and what amount of space do you have?

--------------------

OfflinesNicklefrits
Stranger

Re: Lighting, space, and roduction capabilities??? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #361481 - 02/10/10 03:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey thanks for the quick reply.  I understand that I am asking for quite a bit.  Even with the help of friends and room mates who hve prior knowledge, the fact is that it is quite the task for a beginner.  I have around 8' by 3' by 6' tall.  I plan on building a tent setup for the flowering.  Something smaller for the veg of course.  What Lightsetup would be best for such a setup? I have quite a bit of money so lets pretend thats not an issue.  I just  really want produce quality product.  From what I've researched so far, an "Agro Son" would be a decent choice, it's only around 430 watts, but supposedly a nice spectrum.  If I had a good reflecting system on the fixture would this be enough?? Thanks for the feedback.

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#361483 - 02/10/10 03:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sNicklefrits said:
From what I've researched so far, an "Agro Son" would be a decent choice, it's only around 430 watts, but supposedly a nice spectrum.  If I had a good reflecting system on the fixture would this be enough??

High pressure sodium lamps are the best spectrum for flowering stage, i dont think this would be necissary for vegetative growth stage though, a decent wattage metal halide should be sufficient for veg

The rule of thumb for wattage is that you want at least 50 watts for every square foot of space you have in your grow room.

so with 8foot x 3 foot thats 24 sq foot times that by 50 watts and thats 1200watts so you are probably going to want atleast 1200 watts in that size room. unless you have the lights on some sort of moving electronic pully system with a nice reflector 

keeping that cool in the room will be a bit of trouble so you might want to get a good air con system.

You could paint the walls with flat white paint or coat them with mylar film to reflect the light off them.

Now i dont know too much about growing indoors so wait for some of the other guys inputs before making any definite decisions

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #362001 - 02/10/10 09:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

*edit misread post*

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Re: Lighting, space, and roduction capabilities??? [Re: coda]
    #362177 - 02/11/10 08:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

noone else gonna help this brother out ?

--------------------

OfflinesNicklefrits
Stranger

#362757 - 02/11/10 08:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for watching my back. I recently visited my friend in California and saw what he was able to produce.  It was absolutely amazing!!!! I just want to produce something that blows peoples mind like what I saw when I visited him :smile: I have come to realize that it isn't quite as intimidating a task as I originally thought.  But nontheless it still takes some special care and attention to produce a product that is like my friends.  I definitely understand that it will take more and more attempts to end up with such a beautiful crop, but i just want some help and pointers that will help me to not f$*k up on so many attempts.  Thanks a lot guys really!!! I appreciate everything.

sNicklefritzzz

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #362831 - 02/11/10 09:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with imbred gimp, start off small to get your feet wet. And then step it up. I thought growing was going to be as easy as putting a seed in the ground and giving it some light (not saying you think that) but I was dead wrong. Get yourself a good light and some good nutes. Also get some good ventalation going on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds