Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Some questions about an outdoor grow
    #357818 - 02/04/10 08:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, thinking of doing an outdoor grow this year, but not sure about some things.  Everything I've learned is for indoor, so the outdoor thing is pretty new to me.  Bare with me please.

When starting the plants from seed, should i start them in solo cups and transplant to the soil outside, or just drop the seed in the ground.  Common sense says transplant from solo cup, but I just want to see what you guys have to say.  Excuse my newbness, :lol:.

Another question, should I break up the soil around where I'm transplanting and add some fox farm or whatever, or just go with what's there??

I've already looked into keeping animals and whatnot away, and from what I can gather, animal hair (dog), urine, and another mixture of soaps and chemicals and whatnot seems to be the way to go. I'll just have to talk to some people to figure out what I want to use.

Any advice from personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Some questions about an outdoor grow [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #357842 - 02/04/10 10:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I can offer some addvice but I am too a bit new to Outdoors.

1. Yes I would start in a cup do plant in the same mannor as you would growing from seed indoors

2. Yes I would break up the soil like every other day or more if the location I was growing was near by.  But if the location is far away I would just break up the soil just once

3.  If you are growing near home then I would say sure buy some foxfarm to insure a good start with nutrition and pH.  However if you are planting far from home I would just add about a cup or two of hydrated lime to each square foot of growth space and add a N rich pellet fertilizer for Veg. then add ash or P+K rich Fert pellets or just some ash during Flowering.

4. I have heard negative sources of information about adding both dog/human hair and soap to a grow site.  If the stash is found the hair can be used by the cops to identify you at the location.  The soap creates a problem with rats!  Since they eat the fat that is in it!  So my recomindation would be to make a fence of some kind to keep animals out along with spraying as much of your urine around the place as possible.

More information can be found if you surch Gorilla Grow in the form btw

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Some questions about an outdoor grow [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #357843 - 02/04/10 10:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

gotcha. thanks for the help man

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #357944 - 02/05/10 09:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Cage in the girls when they are young, once the branches harden up the deer seem to leave them alone. (At least ime)

Hair,urine,soap is helpful, but useless after a few rainfalls.  Fishing line is very useful and discrete.

I would bring in soil, and maybe test the soil where you plan to grow. But this all depends on how big you're gonna go. If you're only growin a few then I would be picky about the details.

I can't fucking wait for spring!  Good luck FBD

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Some questions about an outdoor grow [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #357949 - 02/05/10 09:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the well wishes joe. i plan on trying to get at least a few elbows out of it.

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#364221 - 02/14/10 08:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

With my experience you need to be careful transplanting from indoors to outdoors. You need to slowly harden them to the outside world before throwing them out into the big world. The sun, the rain, the hail or even a small random frost can kill an unfamiliar plant in moments. Might want to consider starting them indoors like 2 months in advance of transplanting outdoors and top them at the 5th node in growth then the second or third node from the branches that shoot out of the arm pits of the first topping. You will end up with a big bush in the long run which can give you more bud and will also give you a shorter plant. I decided against this last year for some reason and ended up with 13 foot plants and it was a lot harder to hide them.

Depending on the location you can break up the soil or leave it. I tend to look for locations that have a very black rich soil and I'll just break it up a few feet down and then mix in a bag of fox farms ocean forest mix.

Here is by far the best advice, dont start outdoors half way through the summer. I had a good amount started at the beginning of spring, part of them died from hail and rain, so I started some in july to make up for it and they all died with the first frost/snow fall which was freak weather. The ones that survived to the end were the ones from earlier in the spring that made it through.

I dont know about the pest issues though. The area that I was using for my grow was completely surrounded by poison ivy, and stinging nettle. This shit was visious, I hadn't once got to my grow area without getting some on me.

But in the end, nothing beats that big free HID in the sky.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Some questions about an outdoor grow [Re: FrozenReality]
    #364722 - 02/15/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the advice. that helps a lot actually.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder