Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Building a PC Stealth Grow Box.
    #356748 - 02/02/10 06:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm having trouble gut my PC. I have gutted the majority of it out. But i need help ill see if i can post pics later. But im getting to the point where i just want to snap everything.

Also I'm noticing spots where light escapes already can i just put Mylar where the holes are?

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #356760 - 02/02/10 07:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just remember, with PC's the majority of pieces come out with dexterity and finesse, force just breaks it off, usually leaving evidence behind in the form of a still attached motherboard.

I would say use mylar or anything really, if you have duct tape (shiny kind) then use that.

Is this an old pc tower? A mini, like the one's for Dell or a regular ATX tower?

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #356768 - 02/02/10 08:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh boy, I think you're going to be our first PC grow. Those sound really tricky to me but I've seen some really cool ones too.  Best of luck, we'll help as much as we can!

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: NightGrower]
    #356795 - 02/02/10 12:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Taking a computer apart should be relatively easy given that you are using a screw driver. :tongue:

Also:
Quote:

NightGrower said:
Is this an old pc tower? A mini, like the one's for Dell or a regular ATX tower?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: TomCollins]
    #356831 - 02/02/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's an old Dell Tower. Ill try to find a pic.

Almost exactly like this.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#356846 - 02/02/10 02:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Proprietary cases suck because they're never very modular and everything is mounted in some sort of lame ass cage... If you're never going to use it as a PC again I'd just bust out the dremel and start hacking away...

Do you know what kind of light you're going to use or how you'll lightproof the ventilation?

Good luck man, these PC grows are pretty cool

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: DudeTron]
    #356848 - 02/02/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

2 CFLs and probably an intake fan and outake fan (computer ones)

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#356860 - 02/02/10 03:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OK Now I have TWO potential computer towers i can use.

One is a Gateway. Dimensions are 11x7.5x16

The other is what I Previously posted.

A Dell. Dimensions are 16x7x14.5

The only thing i need to do with the gateway is Remove the CD Drives. And the only thing i need to do with the Dell is remove the Motherboard and CD drives from that. :shrug:

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #356865 - 02/02/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

use the dell. you didn't keep the order of your dimensions consistent in that post but I'm assuming you meant that it's the same height (16") but an extra 3.5" wide?

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #356869 - 02/02/10 03:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No the Dell is about an inch and a half shorter. I put it as length by width by height.

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #356870 - 02/02/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ahh ok, I was wondering about that. well in that case go with the taller one. height is more important in my opinion than total square footage of the footprint.

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #356872 - 02/02/10 03:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The one on the left.

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineTomCollins

#356875 - 02/02/10 04:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's too bad those cases are so small. :undecided:

I'm almost tempted to say buy a full ATX tower, but I guess since you have two cases to work with already you might as well.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: TomCollins]
    #356879 - 02/02/10 04:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea my goal is to spend as little money as possible. Besides I'm just growing for fun and personal use.

--------------------
[quote]

OfflineMuk
Stranger
    #356973 - 02/02/10 08:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Posting for Later. You should definitely make a log for this, id love to read it. Might try this eventually.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Muk]
    #356994 - 02/02/10 08:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You might as well buy one pre-fabricated to be used as a stealth grow chamber...  They only run like $60 I think, and are lined with the mylar bubble wrap stuff and have ventilation set up already and are light proofed, not to mention they come with a built in Scrog screen that can easily be removed

I'd go that route.  I'll find the link if possible.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Inverted]
    #356995 - 02/02/10 08:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:lolsy:

I don't know where I came up w/ that price but holy shit nevermind, it's super expensive but it comes with everything but the seeds and pots and shit, just plug and grow.  :thumbup:  The price is :feelsbadman: though

www.PCGROWCASE.COM

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Inverted]
    #357104 - 02/03/10 04:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is it possible to Veg and Flower in the same Grow Box?

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#357128 - 02/03/10 08:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:
Is it possible to Veg and Flower in the same Grow Box?

Absolutely. The only changes you might make are blue to red spectrum bulbs and the light cycle of course.

One thing on the ventilation, if you have two fans try using them both to pull air out. there might be enough cracks that you don't need a specific inlet. If you notice though each fan only pushing air out one side of it or they seem weaker then normal you will need to turn one around.

Also its easy to drive the fans off the PSU but that takes a roughly 5x5x4 chuck out of the top corner which is plenty of room for a bulb or two. Instead use an old 12v wall charger with sufficient ampre rating (2 fans would pull less then .5a prolly) Do NOT use a 9v charger as I see recommended. The argument is the fan runs quieter this is not true in most cases the fan will hum. It also doesn't move as much air and will burn out faster. They are designed for 12v give them 12v.

:popcorn: I'll be watching

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: pha3r0]
    #357229 - 02/03/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I get paid Friday so i think I'm just gonna make an investment. :dancer:

--------------------
[quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds