Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshags420
Stranger

hydro peppers
    #355981 - 01/31/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hi every body I am new to growing peppers and would like to grow some santaka chilli's in a hydroponic system. My hydro experience is limited to growing ganja and I am having trouble finding much info on growing peppers this way. most of the info I find about growing chillis says that they like it dry, so I would think an ebb and flow style grow or even a wick system would be a better option then deep water culture. I am not dead-set on hydro by any means but I like high tech and high maintenance is not too much of a problem for me. does anybody have any experience/thoughts/advice/good links to info? thanks in advance I know there is a bunch of pepper heads on this site.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: hydro peppers [Re: shags420]
    #357884 - 02/04/10 11:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey!  I'm interested in setting up an outdoors hydro grow for eggplant. Did you have any ideas for hydroponic set ups?  I've never grown veggies hydroponically, but I love growing peppers in soil!

I have an idea for outdoor hydro veggies, but I'm not sure if it'll work.. I've seen lots of PVC utilized in setups and I really want to grow straight out of PVC.

I have eggplant that I want to grow out of large PVC pipes leaning at a slight angle, facing south.  I would probably grow green peppers out of this next.:grin:  Can you grow directly out of holes in PVC filled with cinder?  The roots won't choke each other out will they?  The pipes would be sitting in a buried resevoir with a pump feeding nutes in through the top, trickling back down into the res.

Whatchu think man?:thumbup:?

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: hydro peppers [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #358584 - 02/06/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:whistling:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #359338 - 02/07/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Growing a majority of vegetables or herbs on a hydroponics system is just like growing cannabis on a hydroponics system. Look for general hydroponic system set ups. Follow the same guidelines and I am sure you will be fine.

Some info

Some info on growing peppers

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Re: hydro peppers [Re: Dephect]
    #361492 - 02/10/10 05:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Many peppers that you buy from the store are grown hydroponically in Canada under 1K HPS's. The ones that don't come from greenhouses usually come from Mexico.

Many tomatoes are also hydroponic greenhouse tomatoes. In my state they have a 26-acre tomato greenhouse. It's actually one BIG greenhouse that covers 26-acres. Crazy shit. Wish I had that in my back yard. :headbang3:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlineshags420
Stranger

Re: hydro peppers [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #363133 - 02/12/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that is crazy big, bet you could sneak a few trees in there. I decided to just grow the peppers in soil when it gets a little warmer out..

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: hydro peppers [Re: shags420]
    #364315 - 02/14/10 09:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is a setup I built out of ABS that would work for lots of veggies...I think.  The only misunderstanding that I have concerning this setup is how much Oxygen is needed for the roots.

Imagine a buried 5g bucket pumping water to the T connection at the very top.  Then a series of tubes leading to each opening where the eggplants will be protruding from.  The excess nute solution will trickle down from the top down the sides.  the plants themselves will be trained along a trellis inbetween the setup.  I am unsure how to schedule the feeding or even if this will work.  I ALSO DON'T INTENTIONALLY MEAN TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD BUT I think this would work for peppers too, even if you already put yours in the ground shags420. I'm about to paint it a dark brown so that it matches my house.:thumbup:

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #364622 - 02/15/10 09:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

not intentionally but you are somewhat hijacking the thread!
although i'm happy to see some posts here finally i suggest you open your own log and come back here when you have some input :tongue:

i would love to see some eggplants popping out of that!

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: hydro peppers [Re: Simisu]
    #364710 - 02/15/10 01:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yea. sorry. Should've just started a log. shags420 stopped doing hydro peppers so I thought I might commandeer this thread, but still, my apologies.  All the piping cost me $40, the bucket and pump were free, and all I need is tubing and medium.  Maybe I am a bit excited, but my apologies again.

Offlineshags420
Stranger

#365800 - 02/16/10 10:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

please go ahead

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals