Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLiterberry

New to growing community.
    #352860 - 01/25/10 12:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hello all! I have been a member of the Growery for a bit and haven't contributed anything so far. Here are some pictures of a friends grow she allowed me to post. They are bag seed of unknown origin. All four plants were vegged one month before switching to 12/12. They are about 5-6 weeks into flower. She forgot to write the date of the switch down so she's not positive on the dates. They are in one gallon pots with Miracle Gro organic soil for a medium. They are fed with General Hydroponics nutrients(Floragro/Floramicro/Florabloom), combined with Botanicare's Sweet, and Beastie Bloomz from Foxfarm. Nutrient mixtures were used consistently with product labeling.

Lighting consists of a 400 watt MH and a 400 watt HPS. Ventilation is provided by exhaust fan in ceiling, and three standard desktop style fans. The door to the closet is always open during lights on period which keeps temps well within acceptable range. Door is closed for dark period, although fans keeps running.

She has elevated the two shorter plants to provide an even canopy, to help keep the lighting efficient. She requested I ask for some advice from any experienced growers out there. As the pictures show, two plants are much taller than the others and almost refuse to form any kind of top cola, but have many buds along the main stalk. They just keep growing. We guess they may be sativa dominant, which is quite possible due to unknown genetics. Do they look like typical sativas in shape and size? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Side note: She did trim some off the lower bud sites and branches that were not receiving much light and saved them for a sneak preview.

Edited by Literberry (01/25/10 12:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiterberry

Re: New to growing community. [Re: Literberry]
    #352864 - 01/25/10 12:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a pic of the smaller buds she trimmed early. They are now drying. Thoughts?

OfflineTomCollins

#352871 - 01/25/10 01:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Literberry said:
Here is a pic of the smaller buds she trimmed early. They are now drying. Thoughts?

Those look waaaaay un-ready.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineLiterberry

Re: New to growing community. [Re: TomCollins]
    #352875 - 01/25/10 01:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you. She's new to this and even with a pocket microscope, it's damn difficult to see the trichomes.

OfflineLiterberry

#352876 - 01/25/10 01:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What would you say judging by these trichomes? This is one of the shorter plants which has denser buds.

Ok, well, resizing them makes it difficult to see the trichomes. I will tell her wait it out an see.

Edited by Literberry (01/25/10 01:44 AM)

OfflineTomCollins

#352882 - 01/25/10 02:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That you have a long time to go.

Towards the end of flowering, the unpollinated pistils retract back into their buds and swell with THC. When this happens, the hairs that you see turn orange or red.

Then after your flowering period, right before harvest, you check out the trichromes to try and harvest at optimal potency. You should only really be checking your trichromes when 95% of your hairs are red/orange.

Otherwise, the plants are looking good! :highfive:

They're 5-6 weeks in? I'm guessing she's growing some kind of sativa dominant. Anyway, yeah you have a lot longer to go. Don't pick the buds yet. 95% red/orange hairs - tell your friend that.

--Edit--

On a second look through the pictures I have to say... those plants look really unusual. Very vertical. In fact there's one in the middle that looks like it has no branches at all. :shrug: They're making nice bud though.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (01/25/10 02:24 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #352899 - 01/25/10 03:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You got several weeks left man

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineLiterberry

Re: New to growing community. [Re: mhbound]
    #352936 - 01/25/10 10:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the input, I value your advice! I will up date this thread when the time comes! My friend sends her thanks as well! :bigkiss:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #353019 - 01/25/10 04:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

All plants look like they're forming top colas.  Definitely a sativa Dom plant so you're looking at another 5-6 weeks easy before you can think about harvesting them.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to growing community. [Re: coda]
    #353127 - 01/25/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

agreed.  thanks for sharing the pics.  those buds are still small.  As they age more caylx's will grow and then they will swell toward harvest time.  The extra time you put it through will be highly worth it.  I would only harvest them now if there was no other alternative.  they look like sat. dominant plants to me.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #353731 - 01/26/10 08:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
They're 5-6 weeks in? I'm guessing she's growing some kind of sativa dominant. Anyway, yeah you have a lot longer to go. Don't pick the buds yet. 95% red/orange hairs - tell your friend that.

That says it all.
If your friend wants a bigger yield next time they can always tie down the plants; those plants seem a lot smaller than they could be.

Everything's looking great for a first grow though, just wait until you're over 50% pistil colour change before you start harvesting and you'll still get around an ounce of each of those for plants.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineLiterberry

Re: New to growing community. [Re: Snurry]
    #355432 - 01/30/10 12:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

***UPDATE***

Well, here's a lesson I had to learn first hand. I'm partying with some old friends and my grower chick the other night and we wake up and one friend is already gone, along with the main cola and some of the side buds off that best looking plant, and a almost two grams of molly. All after we hooked everyone up the night before and had a great time. Now we could track this dude down and fuck him up, but since he knows about the grow, he could rat us out to the police. I've been really good friends with this guy since high school, it's just amazing how quickly people will take something just because they can. Although in an unrelated matter, the same guy got jumped the next day for stealing money from other people. So, moral of the story, keep secret grows a secret. My friend still has the two tall plants and they are finally budding up. She harvested what was left of the short plants and is drying it out. 60 something grams wet, so should be 15 dry. Looks ok so far. Will get a pic up tonight.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#356203 - 01/31/10 10:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You broke Rule #1.

Don't tell anyone.

I feel for ya though.

I've had that happen with an old neighbor of mine but he had hooked me up so much in the past I felt he deserved it in a way.

Just sux it was all sneaky like but that was just him. Everyone knows at least 1 person like this.

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: New to growing community. [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #356207 - 01/31/10 10:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

People who steal plants have no soul!

Nobodys got respect these days for plants WTF!!!!!

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: New to growing community. [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #356356 - 02/01/10 10:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
You broke Rule #1.

Don't tell anyone.

I feel for ya though.

I've had that happen

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #356362 - 02/01/10 11:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Literberry said:
***UPDATE***

Well, here's a lesson I had to learn first hand. I'm partying with some old friends and my grower chick the other night and we wake up and one friend is already gone, along with the main cola and some of the side buds off that best looking plant, and a almost two grams of molly. All after we hooked everyone up the night before and had a great time. Now we could track this dude down and fuck him up, but since he knows about the grow, he could rat us out to the police. I've been really good friends with this guy since high school, it's just amazing how quickly people will take something just because they can. Although in an unrelated matter, the same guy got jumped the next day for stealing money from other people. So, moral of the story, keep secret grows a secret. My friend still has the two tall plants and they are finally budding up. She harvested what was left of the short plants and is drying it out. 60 something grams wet, so should be 15 dry. Looks ok so far. Will get a pic up tonight.

step 1- trash remaining plants and get rid of all evidence of a grow

step 2- DESTROY HIM

step 3- :bonghit:

--------------------

Edited by Harry_Ba11sach (02/01/10 11:14 AM)

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #357515 - 02/04/10 06:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Literberry said:
***UPDATE***

Dude go fuck him up. He can't rat to the police. What's he going to say? "He beat me up because I stole his weed and MDMA". Teach him a lesson. You never know who you can't trust.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineLiterberry

Re: New to growing community. [Re: Snurry]
    #357585 - 02/04/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry for flakin on the pics. Here are the Buds my lady friend ended up with. They are pretty fluffy, but do taste great. She told me she is getting some seeds from a seedbank. Feminized Maui Wowi and Jock Horror, I think from Nirvana. She's gonna go to mother/clone setup. I'm excited.

OfflineGurknel

#357840 - 02/04/10 09:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Way too premature

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #357841 - 02/04/10 09:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a great plan, but you might want to tell her to keep it on the DL for a little while.  Telling ANYONE is a massive security risk.  Do you realize how serious this is?  If busted, we're talking jailtime, generally Mandatory Minimum Sentence type of bs...

I think you are taking this too lightly, it's not a game.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies