Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheman420

Organic fertilizers
    #340860 - 01/05/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

okay I've been looking around for some organic ferts for my grow i used MG pro for veg and and no problem just burnt them a bit with the last half strength mix. but for flowering i wanted an all organic fert to really beef up the buds and make them deleash!

so i got a couple questions.
1) theirs so many fertilizers on the market fox farm, earth juice etc... whats a good one that's not going to cost an arm and a leg and still have good results with no harm to the plants, or the user when smoked or ingested.
2) I'm using a soil mix but not so much soil, its a mix of peat moss, and the organic composted material from a big 50lb bag, nothing on it besides the name and whats in it. do i really even need to add any ferts for this?
3) does ph really matter? since I'm using peat moss which i think is mostly acidic this could harm the plants, is it in my best interest to get a ph meter and check?( I'm trying to collect eggshell I've heard that balances the ph out, is this true?)

**also a note that may help**
im using gallon milk jugs for containers and i wanted to flower them in these as to cut cost on the whole thing. i know its not the best but this is kind of a budget grow will these do the trick? i dont mind watering them more if thats what it takes to use them.

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Organic fertilizers [Re: theman420]
    #351985 - 01/22/10 04:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1) theirs so many fertilizers on the market fox farm, earth juice etc... whats a good one that's not going to cost an arm and a leg and still have good results with no harm to the plants, or the user when smoked or ingested.

I used fish emulsion but some brands have synthetic N added so it's not true organics. There is a grow and bloom available. It stinks something awful but plants love it. Don't forget to flush.!!

Quote:

2) I'm using a soil mix but not so much soil, its a mix of peat moss, and the organic composted material from a big 50lb bag, nothing on it besides the name and whats in it. do i really even need to add any ferts for this?

Not so much for N but you'll definitely want a little P and K for bloom. In the future i would also add some perlite to help assist drainage.

Quote:

3) does ph really matter?

YES. Unless you've made your organic soil mix many times you will not know where it's at or even close to....

Nutrient absorption is heavily dependent on ph. Can you grow and never check it? Sure but quality control is rewarded.

Hoped this helped. Good luck.

SGT.

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom