Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelibertaire
Stranger

A few outdoor questions
    #337451 - 12/28/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I figured I'd post this here, because it appears to be more active than the outdoor forum.

So I recently acquired 100+ seeds off of what was supposed to be sour diesel, but ended up being a very midsy version of S.D. because of the accidental seeding.  None the less, it was still decent shit and I got a shit load of seeds out of it, so I'm not complaining.  Since my current accommodations do not allow me to attempt the indoor cultivation of these seeds, I am planning on going for an outdoor grow.  I've read quite a bit on outdoor cultivation and how to pick a prime spot and care for plants in the wild, but before I embark on this endeavor, there are a few questions that I've been wondering regarding my situation:

1.)  Is sour D a good outdoor strain?  I live in the NE, so the earliest I could put them in the ground would be the end of May, latest I would want them to be in the ground would be the beginning of October.  Would I be able to get them to flower by then?

2.)  In a similar vein of the last question, when should I start these seeds indoors to be planted out?  I plan on growing them until they're seedlings indoors, then putting them in a greenhouse/cloche once the weather is conducive and then finally once they about 6 inches tall, planting them to the clandestine location in the woods.  Any thoughts on if this is a good idea or a bad idea?  Would it be better if I just planted the seeds into the location itself, or brought the seedlings to the spot earlier than I suggested?  Like I said, just trying to figure out the time line that I would have to follow for optimal flowering conditions to occur at the right time.

3.)  Since the spot I plan on planting them into will be in the woods, would it be really necessary to bring fertilizers of any sort?  The woods have been mulching themselves for years and years, and as such, I would assume that the forests soils are incredibly fertile.  Would this be a flawed assumption to make?

Any other tips or ideas you can think of would be much obliged.  Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: A few outdoor questions [Re: libertaire]
    #337476 - 12/28/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I am in the NE as well. Start them indoor by april/may. Put them outside towards the Solstice(mid-late june). Indica's finish up fastest and are done by the end of september.

Check the local flora where you're planning. What kind of plants are in the area? This references the ph intake from the other plants. Roses, blackberries etc like a higher PH, your plants will do ok. Does the area flood at all? or have any foot/air traffic?

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A few outdoor questions [Re: jwes420]
    #337531 - 12/28/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you can, veg your plants indoors for at least a few weeks so they can become established.  That way they'll stand a better chance of survival when transplanted outdoors.

If you plant in early may you'll most likely be harvesting way before the end of October.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinelibertaire
Stranger

Re: A few outdoor questions [Re: coda]
    #337757 - 12/29/09 06:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jwes420 said:
I am in the NE as well. Start them indoor by april/may. Put them outside towards the Solstice(mid-late june). Indica's finish up fastest and are done by the end of september.

Check the local flora where you're planning. What kind of plants are in the area? This references the ph intake from the other plants. Roses, blackberries etc like a higher PH, your plants will do ok. Does the area flood at all? or have any foot/air traffic?

That's a great idea.  What is the average PH that cannabis thrives at?  I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Quote:

coda said:
If you can, veg your plants indoors for at least a few weeks so they can become established.  That way they'll stand a better chance of survival when transplanted outdoors.

If you plant in early may you'll most likely be harvesting way before the end of October.

Like I said, my current accommodations do not allow for any extensive growing cycle to take place indoors past sprouting seeds, so if I did raise them past seedlings, it would have to be in an outdoor setting, even if it was my backyard.  Still though, I'll try to get them as big and healthy as I can before planting them to the spot.

Thanks for the tips!

Any thoughts on the strain questions and the ferts?

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: A few outdoor questions [Re: libertaire]
    #340681 - 01/05/10 11:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

any extensive growing cycle to take place indoors past sprouting seeds

The plants are not considered to be in veg for the first 2 weeks. If you want to have them inside as little as possible, then germinate in the first or second week of June. Monitor the nightime temp as well. In the NE the temp can get below 50f at night. The younger the plant, the later it should go outside.

Quote:

Any thoughts on the strain questions and the ferts?

Go for a strain that is mostly Indica, or pure Indica. They will be done in September. You can even try an Auto-flower strain. They might bloom late though if you start them late, they depend on their own schedule(usually 8-weeks til flower starts) regardless of the 24/0 0r 12/12 hour light schedule. An Auto flower Sativa possibly will be done(enough/est?) in time for sept/oct harvest.

SOmething else to watch out for with Indicas or thick buds in the NE is bud rot. Humidity will rot ALL of your buds in less than 2-days. I know it gets real damp towards the fall in NE. Towards harvest season, cut back any neighbooring plants that are blocking wind/air circulation, or even train the branches to get more space between them. If you see a bud rot, CUT IT OFF!!!

Quote:

the ferts?

I use Fox Farm Organic nutes. Fed each kid 1 gallon, every 5-7 days depending on rain(we had a LOT last year!) Follow the feeding schedule on www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf
You will be pretty stoked with the results!

Oh Yeah!
I plant down at the bottom of a hill that gets all of the water run-off from a neighbooring corn/hay field. The veg in the area is THE BEST IN NY!

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom