Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

He wants to go organic
    #335825 - 12/24/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Okay so the internet-less SOB thats going to owe me oh so much of his next crop has told me he wants to ditch the nutes he used last time which i totally support cause they are trash.

He knows i come from an organic tomatoe farm (2 acres dad never used a single chemical on that patch in 28 years now) and is inquiring about going natural.

The main product i have used with amazing result for all our veggies is http://www.zamzows.com/Lawn_and_Garden/Gardens/Thrive_/

The stuff has worked like magic especially if you are starting with field dirt. I use the bloom formula on our house plants and landscaping and our lawn is the healthiest on the block now after one spraying of the thrive this spring(not greenest though the guy with trugreen service wins that prize) but hey my kid can go play whenever so w/e.

So what I am getting to is i know they are good products and i get one extra karma point cause it is produced locally. BUT is it good for ganj?

Going to run him print outs of the various soil mixes here and well go get the supplies i guess today since hes got sprouts already. also what if he does the super soil mix i guess he would be better to wait and buy only specific amendments if the plant shows trouble?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: He wants to go organic [Re: pha3r0]
    #336409 - 12/25/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

have no experience with that stuff.  An ingredient breakdown would be nice.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: He wants to go organic [Re: coda]
    #336539 - 12/26/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

okay here goes straight from the label. this is for the regular thrive i can't find the bloom but i know the bloom is 10-20-20 or really close.

the trive regular is 4-1-3 and heres the list right from the label. ammonium hydroxide, elemental sulfur, rock phosphate, molasses and or cheese whey (we have both a sugar beet factory and a cheese plant in town they use the waste products here) plus assorted plant extracts reacted and fermented to form a true colloidal fertilizer.

I mixed in with the dirt a small portion of this stuff, less then half of a watering worth, to get some of the microbes into the dirt early. Then we put a little non treated dirt in between the transplant to make sure the roots weren't shocked by it cause it still shouldn't need nutes for a bit.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #337729 - 12/28/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, if that's all it says it has in it then it doesn't have any micro-organisms.  It really doesn't sound much different than a lot of other nutrient lines.

This has micro-organisms in it

http://www.aurorainnovations.org/oregonism.html

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: He wants to go organic [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #337735 - 12/28/09 11:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the packaging, literature etc mentions the micro's and like i said it has worked wonders in the garden.
they originally sold it as humizyme and you could only get it through wholesalers in 55gal drums. then it became save'a'tree and eventually thrive then they came out with the bloom and extra formulas.

anyways maybe we can give it a light dose when it eventually needs some and see how it responds? he's got a week or so till it will probably be wanting anything according to your other post hawks.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #337741 - 12/29/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not saying it isn't a good product.  I'm just sayin that if it doesn't have any type of mychorizae in the ingredient list.  Then it doesn't have micro organisms in it.  It could promote already existing micro-organisms though.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: He wants to go organic [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #337759 - 12/29/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I will have to do some checking I know they advertised the original humizym that way and when we have gone back for more we have been told its the same 'exact' product under a new name so if your saying there should be a list on the bottle if they are there I will have to check more closly. and if its not i will be pretty upset since zamzows has a reputation as an honest local business.

But that will have to wait till after my job interview (hazaa first one in 3 months)

At any rate the baby doesn't need anything yet and I am not letting him add nothing but water till it shows a problem since he is notorious for overdoing it.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1