Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
New to cloning>>>???
    #332742 - 12/17/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

so i did a little reading but just want to make sure everything is in order my plant is around 20 days old and im gonna take a clone off this plant maybe 10 days or so before i flower.... so if i get clonex and rockwool cubes all i have to do is cut the clone right below a node and cut at a 45 angle... then i have to peel back the node exposing the bare stem then i dip that into the clonex and stick it into the rockwool.... then cuz i need great humidity im thinking of using my mushroom growing chamber which has perfect humidity for this..... is cloning really this easy or am i missing something??/ and say i take a clone then i take a clone of that clone and so on can you do this???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: New to cloning>>>??? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #332746 - 12/17/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You have the process right but you dont have to peel back to the bare stem, also you need to pre-soak rockwool because it has a really nasty pH. You also do need high humidity so the chamber should work. The root bed needs to be warmer than the air, not much but just enough like a few degrees F. It will be easy eventually but just remember to learn from your mistakes. If you clone clones and continue with that you will eventually run into devastating mutations.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to cloning>>>??? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #332807 - 12/17/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

From what I understand it takes a VERY long time to encounter those mutations, maybe I'm thinking of something else though.

One thing to keep in mind Salvia, is that you should always take more clones than you need.  This may mean letting your plant get a little bigger so you can take more.  If you do this you increase you chances for success, as well as pick the most aggressive rooters out of your bunch to grow out.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

Re: New to cloning>>>??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #332893 - 12/17/09 03:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

soak the cubes in ph 5.5 water overnight.
when u take the cutting off the plant...immedietly place it in some water so that air bubbles do not form in the stem. Then when ready to place in the gel...cut the stem again at a 45 degree abgle...dip in the gel...and place in the cube...then squish the cube around the stem to make sure contact it made.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder