Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think???
    #327240 - 12/05/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

jack herer:

sour diesel:

these were transplanted within the past 7 days. transplanted into 3:1 fox farm ocean forest to miracle gro perlite. i think i just over watered them, but have no idea for sure. i hope these are good enough pictures for someone to help me out.

Edited by Pilze (12/05/09 12:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: Pilze]
    #327311 - 12/05/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ANYBODY?!?!? it would be nice to hear something...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#327370 - 12/05/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wtf... 22 views, and no responses. NOTHING... what good is the growery? fuck. im just going to migrate to IC mag...

OfflineTomCollins

#327402 - 12/05/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What are your temps like? Both plants look like they're suffering a bit of heat stress.

The jack looks like it's got a bit of nute burn as well.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: TomCollins]
    #327412 - 12/05/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

150 watt HPS a foot above the big clones. more than a foot above the tops of the seedlings. the temp goes up and down between 74 and 78.

these were recently transferred, and i think i over watered the sour diesel.

i havent used any nutrients yet either. i was going to wait a month before using anything so the plant can use what is in the soil so i dont burn them.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327423 - 12/05/09 03:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think your dealing with a potassium deficiency.  Over watering is not going to cause this what your seeing.  I would have been giving these guys at least a little bit of nutrients.

How old are these guys??  How big are these containers you have them in??  Are you monitoring the pH of the water that you've been giving them??  Give us more info if you want a detailed response.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #327429 - 12/05/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ive had the big jack herer cutting for about 3 weeks. the others for about a week and a half to 2 weeks.

these 2 clones are in 1.7 gallon pots with 3 parts fox farm ocean forest soil to 1 part perlite. watered with distilled water with a ph of 6-6.5.

i havent been checking the pH, i just know distilled water is 6-6.5 from when i grew a few years ago.

i have fox farms big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom. im thinking of starting to use the grow big and big bloom at half of what it says on the bottle per gallon. i wont need to water them for another day or 2 because i apparently over watered them the other day.

i havent been checking the pH of the soil or water runoff. what kind of pH tester should i get? the paper strip things or the liquid dropper deal? idk much about checking pH. i just picked up jorge cervantes' medical grow bible today, so im sure that should help me out a little bit.

Edited by Pilze (12/05/09 04:12 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #327439 - 12/05/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would double check the pH of your h2o, just because it was that a couple of years ago, doesn't mean that's what it's going to be at now.  Assuming is never a good idea.

I prefer the drops method of checking the pH.  I have always had good luck with that method.  Make sure you check the pH of the water after you add the nutes, if it has a buffer in it that can change your pH. 

And I still think that your dealing with a deficiency at this point.  Start off slow with the nutes, I tend to start with 1/4  and then work my way up.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #327902 - 12/06/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hmm you have some serious issues ive never ever seen a plant look that bad... are you using nutes?? im pretty sure your seeing some kind of deficency ...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #327911 - 12/06/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

im picking up a pH tester tomorrow. the vial and dropper kind.

i havent used nutrients yet. i was told to wait a month while the plants use whats in the soil so i dont burn them, but apparently the opposite happened and its not getting the nutrients it needs.

the soil is still moist so im thinking i should wait until the soil dries out before watering again since i over watered last time. im going to start using big bloom this week, and follow the fox farm feeding schedule. ill continue using the big bloom throughout the entire grow, and next week ill add the grow big, then switching everything according to the schedule. ive got all three i need for vegging.

i just need a little more money for the tri bloom pack to make the buds even more happy :smile:

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #327993 - 12/07/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

u should water every other day the soil needs to dry this is what promotes root growth and the roots need air too..

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #328019 - 12/07/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i cant water every other day. the soil 2 inches down is still moist, so if i water it again its just going to get waterlogged and the roots wont be able to breath. SO thats why im letting the soil dry out some more before watering/feeding it again.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328393 - 12/07/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Bingo, there is never any set watering schedule unless you really know that plants your working with.  You water when they need it, not just because it's been 2 days.  It's all dependent on the size of the plants and the size of your pots that they are in.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #328407 - 12/07/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it was a little moist a few inches down, but i figured i shouldnt let it get too dry, so i mixed up some big bloom and grow big in distilled water and watered them. when i was making the second jug of fertilized water, i realized i put waaay less fertilizer in than i meant to... but im high, so thats my excuse. even if its still a little moist in the soil, i think the plant will appreciate the nutrients. i just want to see that sour diesel start to look better!!!

repotted the rest, except 2 clones, and will be watering with the correct amount (half of what the bottle says) per gallon once its all mixed up. im almost done growing mushrooms, and i have an air pump i use to keep the fruiting chamber humid, so i have one air tube stuck down in the gallon jug bubbling. i figured its a good way to mix everything up and get some oxygen in there for the roots? possibly?

Edited by Pilze (12/07/09 09:44 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328418 - 12/07/09 10:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Did the clones look like that when they were given to you?  Or is that the result from you growing them for a few weeks?

BTW the single bladed leaves are a sign the plant was in flowering, since you reverted it back to veg it will grow the three, and finally the five, bladed leaves again.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 2 plants with problems - with pics - what do you think??? [Re: coda]
    #328423 - 12/07/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Did the clones look like that when they were given to you?  Or is that the result from you growing them for a few weeks?

BTW the single bladed leaves are a sign the plant was in flowering, since you reverted it back to veg it will grow the three, and finally the five, bladed leaves again.

this is the jack when i got it:

and the sour diesel:

you can see those pathetic things the grower called "clones".... dipshit... i wish he would have let me taking the cuttings, i know wtf im doing. but no. he knows everything because hes read the medical growers bible and watched the jorge cervantes movies :rolleyes:

the grower i got the clones from is a tool, and sucks at growing. but he had good genetics, and owed me a lot of money, so i made him give me clones. his T5 setup would pay the rest of what owes me back... i thought the same thing by looking at them, they looked a bit stressed. one of the clones looks like it had been budding for a week or so when i got it. its definintely stunted but growing nicely.

things seem to be moving along nicely now. im going to veg for a month to a month and a half then start flowering. these 2 tiny clones in red cups im going to either get rid of to a deserving partner in crime of mine, or just put in another room under fluorescents and veg until time to flower.

the jack is in the back right, sour diesel front right. the back left and 2 red cups are also jack herer clones. the last 3 are from some dank bag seed. stanky purple nugz.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328424 - 12/07/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

But is that ALWAYS true?  As in is that the only time you will be seeing a single bladed leaf on a plant?  For some reason I was thinking that you can see it in severely stressed plants as well.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328701 - 12/08/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I never said always...

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328729 - 12/08/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cool, I was just making sure that wasn't the only reason that you can get 1 bladed leaves.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds