Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal)
    #325926 - 12/03/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well, grow #3 same light think i need to make a screen tho to make the most of the 400w hps i have. thinking about hanging another couple or 4 200w CFL's like the two i have in my veg dresser.

i started 2 seeds on 9/27, and 5 more on 10/5. all unknown... partially cuz i can't remember what strain it was and they all sit in a awesome little film canister. but its always fun to know that it could have come from a crappy bag, i've yet to have a seed of mine turn into crap weed. pisses me off to know i was getting hookups thru crappy, impatient growers.

here's what the setup looks like with grow 2 just about to finish here in a week or so.

seedlings are still in my dresser under 2 200w(42w really) curly-q CFL

nothing too special. cept that one is acting funny, its staying light.

i should prolly go on to say that they're just red party cups. bout 1 1/2" of manure compost in the bottom of the cup, and the rest filled up with turf king potting soil, that also has a little bit of fertilizer in it.

(thursday oct 22nd)

okay, so... i didn't do it on monday like i said.. been too preoccupied drying/curing grow 2. but i only took down half of that on monday, i'm letting the rest go into couch-lock state, even tho i'm loving how they turned out pulling the ones i did at 8weeks.

here are my(2) seedlings from the 27th

i'm not sure what's up with them... well. i mean i kinda assume i put too much steer manure in the bottom of the cup.

Seedlings from the 5th

don't wanna upload too mant seperate pictures

and the ones from the 13th

lol the fun time of veging, while i build a scrogg, and get some CFL's in there to take care of the less yellow/red color of the HPS thing that sucks is i have to watch for males.... i've only ever had 2. but they seem super easy to spot compared to the female parts.... kinda like a dude and a chick... i mean... you'd have to be stupid....lol... but i guess.. there are those people.

(later, still on the 22nd)
Bought 4 100w CFL's today they were on sale for $2 ea, couple of Y adapters to hook 2 to 1 socket, couple of extention cords. just need to go get some wood to make a brace for the light to hang from. but what's nice is local membership-mart palce lightbulbs were $2 (200w only 8$ but i'm broke and a 24$ difference wasn't worth the extra 100w per lightbulb) tho i did see some nice 300w cfl's for 17$ may save up for 4 of those and have 1600w worth of supposed light in my room. but anyways, spent a total of $22 on 2 9ft extention cords, 4 100w cfl's and 2 y adapters. i'd say it was a decent deal.  i'm not building it today tho, well, maybe tonight tonight, i can't with the company that's out in the living room. but its just going to be adding a bar that i can wrap the extention cord around on each side of my light.

(Even later, still on the 22nd)
well, not pro-quality, but they're adjustable. and it only costed $22 to add 400w worth of daylight cfl to my 400w hps bulb. i also figured since the lights don't get near as hot they will be of more use at an adjustable height to get as close to the plants as possible to help them stay nice and stalky during vegitative growth.

which leads me to a question.

How do you usually light during your diff stages of seedling, veg, and flowering?... i mean flowering is kinda a duh 12-12, but if i'm not flowering, i'm running 24, tho i've heard that they can rest up to 6 a day and not flower.

well, it wasn't a question, its more an opinion poll that dosent have a poll.

(october 23rd)
finally took a picture of the light setup, was too tired last night.

nothing too special. kinda wish i'd hung them better but atm i need them to be adjustable and don't want to put any more money into it, because i can't personally.

on a side note, remember this guy?

well, he's over a year old now.. looks a lil diff.

he's really smart. i thikn its half way because whenever i talk to him, i don't think he dosen't understand me, i just speak to him like he's a kid i can cuss at and not have CPS called on me lmfao

son of a bitch won't shut the fuck up when i'm sparkin up unles i blow it at him. and usually he's quiet as a mouse unless something startles him and he thinks i need to get up.

well, not a whole lot else going on today. stuff's drier, looks nice, really good head high, decent body high, not making me want to fall asleep. dosent really smell at all tho, but i think that's cuz i keep my grow room about 72 constantly..... thru sheer luck, and living in a house built in the early 70's. hooray for fast heat dissapation! lol. in the winter, just to stay warm, 2 computers on constantly, a tv, cable box(works good for heat) my heater on as far up as the thermostat will go 24/7 and even then it'll be in the 60's ...

i was thinking for my scrog, you all see what i have there, its 4ft wide, about 4ft worth of growing heigh from floor to safe distance from the HPS.
and about 2ft deep. i'm thinking about making 2 2ft wide screens that will hinge from the back and tilt up if i need to get down to the buckets where the dirt is. does anyone think this sounds horribly wrong?

well anyways that's a few days off or more at least. still got 1/2 my stuff going to couchlock phase, and if the stuff i pulled at the start of week 9 with no ambers is this good, i'm going to have the perfect sleep aid for a bit.

i got bored too. and yes, the 4 pictures in my signature at the moment are that plant form seedling to flowered to dried to a joint :smile:

(monday 10-26-09)
over the weekend i upgraded more lights in my main grow cab, its now up to 800w of 6500k 100wCFL(23w really, 1600lumens ea) making the chamber supposedly at 1200w of light.

i also completely overhauled my starter area for seedlings, little ones, and slightly larger ones. it now has 3 seperate areas for unsprouted  seeds, seedlings, and bigger things below, here's a picture.

here's the seedlings that have sprouted and are in the middle area with 2 100w eqiv cfl's

and here's what's down below at the moment with 2 200w cfl's

my other stuff dosent look any different than it did before but instead of a cluster of 2 cf's on each cord its a cluster of 4..

well, that's all i can think of at the moment.

(friday 11-6-09)
finally took down my last flowering thing. my flowering area went back to 20-4 light scheduel so i can start moving the seedlings into 1gal buckets and giving them the 1200w worth of light in there instead of the 200 or 400 they were getting in my smaller cab. tho i still have some seedlings under the 200w planted 8 more on the 10-30, all bagseed. 6 sprouted. going to be interesting since i have so many now, think i'm going to just keep the 6 in the same container clear thru flowering, and just in the end have like an 18gallon tote in there and hope they share the root area lol. or just thin out the ones that don't make it and send branches around from the other plants. but that's most likely a grow away.

and since this is once again random bagseed. i've picked some not-so-random random names, from everquest 2's dragon bosses.

Phara Dar

i think this one is almost pure Indica, the leaves are so wide.

Trakanon

Lord Vymm

Nexona

Vox

Woushi

Nagafen

only naming them once they go into the 1gal buckets tho, thus proving they deserve a name.

i need more potting soil :frown: i feel bad for these four guys, and i know its just cuz i need to get their taproot out of the damn steer manure i put in the bottom of the cup, thought they'd be big enouhg for the nutes by the time it got down there, but i was wrong.

and then there's these guys.... i donno what do do with them, i need more buckets too lmao.

(Monday November 9th 2009)
finally gonna update on a monday again. lmao. i know. i'm lazy.

stuff is starting to look better. don't remember stuff taking this long to vegitate before. but can't rush good stuff, and i'm certain i've got 1 female so far, from what i know is a named seed. i just can't remember what strain, something nummy :smile:

here's the ones in the biggest buckets atm

indica and sativa... at least i think i've got both, but they're probably both blended mix of both types.

i made a screen that i'm going to put in when i transfere all of the plants to 5 gallon buckets.hopefully this will help my yield increase, i don't see why it would hurt it.

used 1x2" boards, few screws, and some electric fence wire, shit works amazing for being like $2 for a 250ft roll.

i'm going to see how long i can get away with these guys being in red cups, except maybe one of them, cuz i have room for 8 and only have 7 in bigger pots at the moment.

and then there's still these 4, still alive... kinda? lmao. its torture seeing them so unhealthy but i don't want to kill them and can't afford to transplant them into something bigger as i don't have the space.

(monday Nov 30th)

well, apparently my last post, i forgot to hit post the 2nd time, and it didn't save lol

had a male in one of the red cups.

transplanted the 4 best looking plants into 4 gallon buckets and continued to LST them underneath the screen *NOTE* i'm not weaving my plant back and fourth thru the screen, only keeping it underneath it untill it gets a branch extended out to where i want, and then i let the branch grow up, through that opening. as i'm not doing mine like everyone else, i'm going to be curious if my results will differ alot. knowing me, it will probably be for the worse.

well anyways here's some pictures.

Trakanon and Nagafen, doing good.

Phara Dar and Lord Vymm, phara looks ok, but lord vymm has always grown deformed leaves, not curled, but its kinda obvious the seed genetics were F'd. just hope it makes some wicked good bud, cuz the shit it came out of was amazing.

woushi

Nexona

and after posting all this... i just noticed the pictures all have a smudge in them, my lens must be dirty.... stupid dog nose.

(tuesday dec 15th)

nothing special's been happening so i haven't felt the need to update every week. here's pictures. lol kinda a mini time-lapse

(monday December 28th)
well. this'll be the last non-flowering update for this grow, i finally think i've got enouhg growth to give me a good yeild with my scrog. if i could get cloning down a sog would probably be more efficient for a perpetual grow, and what i should be working twards so i stop having months of no bud!

plants are looking good tho

(Thursday, January 7th)(end of the first week of flowering)

other stuff in there cuz one of them was a male, hella late shower didn't show till after a week into flowering and i Vegged for amost 2 months this time.

(Thursday Jan 14th) end of the 2nd week of flowering.

didn't notice how shitty the picture was till after i pulled it onto my computer :frown:

Wednesday January 20th(early) couple days before the end of the 3rd week of flowering.

nothing too special happening, besides those stupid little larve things still stipiling the indica.
here's some pictures, best i could take. i can't hold still enouhg... even with a tripod it seems lol.

(wednesday Febuary 3rd, 2010)
day before the end of the 5th week of flowering. been brave and using some old miracle grow bloom booster i found.... prolly doing more harm than good :frown: i think its burt one of my smaller plants, that smells like bubblegum if you brush your hand against it. one of them i swear is this cross called Purple Star, as for the others, i still have the foggiest. anyways, things are looking ok, here's some pictures.

(Monday Feb 15th)

(Thursday, Feb 26th)

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Edited by helmet (02/26/10 04:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: helmet]
    #325939 - 12/03/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'll be watching you helmet

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: mhbound]
    #331860 - 12/15/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update (tue, dec 15th)

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #331862 - 12/15/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Haven't seen this till now, but they are looking a lot healthier than when they started, keep it up, gonna watch this grow now. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: Cannaboid]
    #332366 - 12/16/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, made a mistake when i planted them, putting a small amount of unmixed steer manure at the bottom of the cup. stunted growth and damn near killed several seeds. just wish my indica's were as easy to scrog as the sativas

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#337562 - 12/28/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Update Monday December 28th

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#342834 - 01/07/10 10:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Update (january 7th, 2010)

Happy new year everyone

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#342894 - 01/07/10 11:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good man, what type of reflector is that?

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #342982 - 01/08/10 07:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my friend has this same kind of dog.

her name is zim and she's the shit.

and nice work with those heady nugs.

you seem to keep getting better and better.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: MFDoom666]
    #343833 - 01/09/10 01:18 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Looking good man, what type of reflector is that?

Thanks, i keep trying to keep myself on the up and up... even if this time around all i've had for nutrients is the potting soil itself, and tap water :frown:.... need to get some more shultz at least.

For my HPS? i'm not sure. the whole ballast, light, bulb and hood, were donated by my co-conspiritor(aka, his wife found it and it needed to leave). all the better for me! lol. i know the whole thing was purchased at www.insidesun.com (not to plug one of our non-sponsors). i think the technical term for it is a batwing? its aluminum, and its not perfect, some of the plastic covering that came on it, got baked onto it, and still won't come off. i'm sure that's hurting my lumens a little.

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:

my friend has this same kind of dog.

her name is zim and she's the shit.

and nice work with those heady nugs.

you seem to keep getting better and better.

yeah, he's an awesome dog, when he's not excited. if he's excited about anything, he listens to no one. like squirrles for instance, if he sees one, like a streak of shit BAM i swear he can run like 20-30mph...  he's about a year and a half old now, i'm told at 9years old they finally stop giving a shit about squirrels, and people he wants to say hi to. he's so friendly. he'll play with most dogs, hell even cats, if they're raised to play with dogs. i'll have to find a picture of him as a pup playing with my parent's kitten when i was visiting them year ago

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #343835 - 01/09/10 01:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea my friends dog is the same way.

she's fast as a mother fucker.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#343843 - 01/09/10 01:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

LoL does anyone want to take a stab as to how many actual plants are in that last picture i posted. and i mean the one from the huge first post.

--------------------

Edited by helmet (01/09/10 01:28 AM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#343849 - 01/09/10 01:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

5-6

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: Triptonic]
    #343867 - 01/09/10 02:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

6 pots. 7 plants. the sativa stuff on the whole left side, is 2 plants. now that i've stared at it lol i can see the color differences.... i should work on that.

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#348071 - 01/15/10 03:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Update, January 14th. end of the 2nd week of flowering.

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#348073 - 01/15/10 03:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

heres a picture from a few days ago. too lazy to edit my post again.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #348159 - 01/15/10 12:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looks pretty damn full and lush!

The only thing I can think of to improve upon would be to keep them contained by the screen a little longer.  You can see that the tops have stretched quite a bit and are no longer even and low at the screen.

My "understanding" on the subject is that you should have each budding site only 1-3 inches above the screen so that only buds grow up vertically from the canopy.  It looks like you stopped the training about a week early but it should still turn out great.  Since you are using HID and not CFL's you should be fine, because you have good penetration with that lighting.  If this was a CFL grow I would have you tack them under the screen one more time, because those don't have the penetration to fatten up the lower foliage/buds.  I will keep an eye on this because I'm about to start training my next run in prep for the scrog you saw I built a while back but still haven't implemented yet.

:awesome:  I like it man!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: Inverted]
    #348983 - 01/17/10 11:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

:awesome:  I like it man!

heh, yeah, its looking amazing to me heh. its just those damn stretchy sativas. there were a couple branches in the beginning that didn't get tucked under at all. part of the tallness was i wasn't prepared for them to stretch that far, i didn't take into concideration the fact that the plant itself was alot bigger than my last ones too.

i wanna flood light it from underneath with a couple cfl's too. just to help the lower canopy stuff even more.

in the 2nd picture, you can notice a red cup in the back on the left. its got the bottom cut out of it and is sitting on the screen so i can water easier without splaishing stuff everywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #349150 - 01/17/10 09:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I do the same thing.  I use a solo cup that was used for seedlings with 2 1/8 inch holes drilled into the bottom, and that way each plant gets the same.  I fill up the cup 2 times and let it drain into the pot nice and slow.

I just finished tying down all of my 3+ week old beauties, now to wait for these few remaining colas to finish up and then I can throw them into flower, and combine the veg and flower lights :awesome:

You have a sexy jungle in there, good work and I wish you a heavy yield.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: grow #3 (unknown good strain and bagseed)(from Journal) [Re: Inverted]
    #350053 - 01/19/10 04:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

heh, i'm hoping for enouhg this time to last till the next harvest, got good clones rooted already, just gotta keep them trained while this set finishes out, i don't know tho...wish they woulda taken a little longer to root. some are.. but a couple of them might end up going somewhere else.

well, i just came to the conclusion i have another option too, to fix my dresser back up, create a mini scrog with a couple of 200w cfl's. and then veg out the plant like that while this one is flowering, and have a bunch of the exact same clones hopefully in 2 months when i'm done.

but sadly... no mooney. building the scrog or fixing the dresser back up would take resources i just don't have at the moment :frown: guess its time to beg family for odd jobs. or just to get out from the tyrany i currently reside in and get myself a f'n job.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate