Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecitizen13
Stranger
Building my first GB
    #325337 - 12/02/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm building my first GB, and I've done alot of research, but I thought I would just pop in and ask a few questions. Thanks in advance!

My GB footprintis 7x3x5 (LxWxH)

I plan to do a SCROG, but if this is ill advised I'm up for advice.

I'm not sure if i should use an HPS or a Flouro really...but I've been told i should have one every two feet or so for best results. Is this true? IF so then i figure i should get 2 or 3.

Would you recommend a HPS or a Flouro more? Why?

I also plan to have a carbon scrubber for smell, as i live in an apartment.

any advice at all you can give me feel free to.

basically i'm a complete nub, and i'm researching all the time but theres just sooo much out there and alot of it conflicts.

thank you again!!

--------------------
My current Growlog/DIY compendium

lock the doors and close the blinds, we're going for a ride.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Building my first GB [Re: citizen13]
    #325348 - 12/02/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well it's not 1975 so lets go HPS and forget about the flouros.

People make the mistake of comparing like wattages. To get the same light you would from a 150hps you need more then 400watts of floro. This is why they are mistakenly thought of as running cooler. "My 200watts of floro isn't nearly as hot as it was when I was using 200watts of HPS light" Then again it's less then 1/4 as bright now also. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinecitizen13
Stranger
Re: Building my first GB [Re: Magash]
    #325359 - 12/02/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well it's not 1975 so lets go HPS and forget about the flouros.

People make the mistake of comparing like wattages. To get the same light you would from a 150hps you need more then 400watts of floro. This is why they are mistakenly thought of as running cooler. "My 200watts of floro isn't nearly as hot as it was when I was using 200watts of HPS light" Then again it's less then 1/4 as bright now also. :wink:

so if i was to do a SCROG grow, assuming that the whole point is more main shoots exposed to more light, how many lights and what wattage would you suggest? also in a 7x3 floor area, whats the average amount of plants able to fit in there realistically?

edit: ive read a 250w HPS is good for a 20" radius, so pretending that is two feet, then i guess i need about 3, if not 4?

edit2: or is that 20" in each direction, meaning a 40" circle? meaning i need only 2?

edit3: ok so 1 plant per square foot, nix that question, i answered it myself.

hehe

--------------------

Edited by citizen13 (12/02/09 04:54 PM)

Offlinecitizen13
Stranger
    #325427 - 12/02/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone have an opinion on if two feet between the bottom of the light and the screen is enough for a SCRoG grow?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #325664 - 12/02/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah it should be with a 250watt.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Building my first GB [Re: Magash]
    #325847 - 12/03/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You are going to build a 7x3 foot GB in an apartment?  Hah good luck getting away with that.  You better keep your eyes on the prize man.  That's a huge box, so i'm assuming you are trying to grow quite a few good sized plants.  You WILL HAVE TO get a carbon scrubber.  I have a 2x2 footpring and with my box closed up it still stinks up the house from the basement, and that's not even flowering yet.  Maybe you should be a little more paranoid, that is unless you have a med license.

I would recommend going with 3x3, or 3x4 at the most.  That's plenty of space, and you would be fine with a 400w HPS for that space.  If you were going to utilize all 7 feet then yes, you need 2 HPS lights, so you are already up to $500...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds