Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
LST with Early Wonder Skunk (Auto), preflowering, viable?
    #315814 - 11/15/09 08:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have ten Early Wonder Skunk and they range now from 5 inches to 7 inches, the tallest really is a monster compared to the others, at 7.5 inches, bushy etc.  I call it Big Bertha.

I use 1000 watt HPS and have room for 20 3-gallon pots, currently a total of 14 plants growing.  4 are female of another strain.  The 10 Early Wonder Skunks are about 3 weeks old and not showing sex, but I expect to be able to tell this week.

I am considering to LST the monster.  Because it will undoubtedly outgrow the others since the characteristic it seems to have is massive growth.  I don't want a 4 foot plants and then the rest all pace at 3 feet.

I understand LST can increase yield on non-automatic plants, where you keep them vegging and so on as you shape/train them, but what about with this auto-strain, is there a point?

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineeTarded
Clubbed to Death...
Male User Gallery

Re: LST with Early Wonder Skunk (Auto), preflowering, viable? [Re: Azyle00]
    #315836 - 11/15/09 09:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't have any experience with auto flowering strains, but I usually continue LST through the first two weeks of 12/12. By the third week I let the bud sites finish their stretch undisturbed. 

I'm not sure how much an auto is going to stretch, but they have flowering times of ~6 weeks right?  I would go ahead and LST the monster for the first week of flowering to manage the stretch, but after that let it grow straight up.  That should even it out with the others.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: LST with Early Wonder Skunk (Auto), preflowering, viable? [Re: eTarded]
    #315883 - 11/15/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

55-60 days flowering.  I think though I have about 2 more weeks of veg/pre-flower before we get serious bud development kicking in for the remaining 55-60 true autoflowering.  So realistically, could get 3-4 weeks of LST then with this one.  The other smaller ones (although they are starting to grow fast too), I am going to leave be for a bit.

So I think I will experiment with this one.  Hopefully it winds up being female.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LST with Early Wonder Skunk (Auto), preflowering, viable? [Re: Azyle00]
    #315921 - 11/15/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I understand LST can increase yield on non-automatic plants, where you keep them vegging and so on as you shape/train them, but what about with this auto-strain, is there a point?

Yes, especially for the reasons you listed out in your thread for wanting to do it.  If your taller plants dwarf the other ones in the grow room, they'll receive the bulk of the light.  By tying down your branches and evening out the tops of your growing tips, the whole canopy of bud sites will receive even light.  More light = bigger buds = bigger yields etc.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds