Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Rusty Blotches
    #315042 - 11/13/09 05:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?                                  Seed
2. How old are your plants?                                                    2 1/2 weeks
3. How tall are your plants?                                                    5 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in?                            6" round plastic
5. What is your soil mix?                                                        Perlite/sphagnum
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Distilled, about once a week
7. What is the pH of your water?                                            Unknown
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?  Schultz 10/15/10 and superthrive
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?          No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 80w combined CFL
11. How close are your lights to the plants?                              <1 1/2 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?                      40 sq ft.  (Small room)
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?  75F, 40-60% RH
14. What is the pH of the soil?                                                Unknown
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?    Sugar ants, possible fungus gnats
16. How much experience do you have growing?                      None

Okay, that's out of the way...

First, here's the pic:   

Sorry I didn't get more/better pics, I only got like 2 before my batteries quit.

These spots are pitted, rust colored... The membrane is noticeably thinner in the pits.
This happened to all 3 of my plants at the same time.
They've only been fed once, at 1/2 strength about 10 days ago... They were about 11 days old at the time... maybe a little too young I know.
They've been watered twice since then... Once about 5 days ago, and again moments ago.
They've been showing these signs for about 3-4 days.
The tips of new growth is also browning.
One plant was watered yesterday and seems to be recovering from the plague.

My guesses:
I'm thinking Magnesium deficiency possibly... If so, possibly due to lockout first watering after-nutes, PH related.

Also, maybe, if not in addition to, some general nute burn.

Hope you guys can help... And good luck with all your grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: DudeTron]
    #315044 - 11/13/09 05:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nah, that doesn't look like nute burn IMO.

Could very well be magnesium. Those look more like necrotic patches than "rust" patches. Maybe it's just the camera.

Pretty sure it's not nute burn, otherwise... :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: TomCollins]
    #315045 - 11/13/09 06:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, they're certainly necrotic, but they started out at just little discolored spots, which then kind of "sunk in" or pitted, followed by definite necro-badness of the area.

That's also the most severe example in the garden right now

Thanks for the input though man.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: DudeTron]
    #315049 - 11/13/09 06:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno that opinion there spency, judging from the strength of the fert it's possible there's some nutrient burn.

However, I'd get a handle on your PH and fast.  You're growing in a soiless medium which means your plants should be fed/water in the 5.8 range.  Distilled water can be around 7.0 PH which is too high for your plants.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: coda]
    #315050 - 11/13/09 06:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but could I try to assume that PH is my issue and it's probably off by a point or so and do something to correct it?

Also, if you don't mind (Cause I'm sure I could UTFSE) Could you gimme a quick lesson on checking ph with litmus or droppers, cause that's what I plan on getting when I get the funds.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: coda]
    #315053 - 11/13/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
I dunno that opinion there spency, judging from the strength of the fert it's possible there's some nutrient burn.

Don't know my ferts to well so I can't argue with you. :tongue: Doesn't look like the nute burns I get though from time to time.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rusty Blotches [Re: TomCollins]
    #315212 - 11/13/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Also, if you don't mind (Cause I'm sure I could UTFSE) Could you gimme a quick lesson on checking ph with litmus or droppers, cause that's what I plan on getting when I get the funds.

To test your water, or water with ferts added, PH just follow the box instructions.

To test your soil dissolve equal parts soil into water (1 gram of soil = 1 gram of water) and then test that solution.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies