Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehemppy
Stranger
seed to mother
    #314113 - 11/11/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I am about to start my first grow and I have a general question I hope someone can take a shot at answering. I am planning on using soil in 3 gallon buckets utilizing a scrog setup in a cab under a 400w hps

I will be using either northern lights or white widow. Not sure which exactly yet,

My question is this. I plan to grow seeds until I can take 4 or 5 cuttings from the plant. Then I will wait for clones to root and force flower 1 clone from each set of 4 I do to determine sex.

What is the AVERAGE time frame from seed to when I can take 5 cuttings? I understand it will bee different strain to strain. I am just hoping to get a timeframe I can work with.

Also how long do clones take to form roots and be rooted enough to force sex one? Again I know ther are many parameters to consider but a general idea would be nice.

Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed to mother [Re: hemppy]
    #314234 - 11/11/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hemppy said:

My question is this. I plan to grow seeds until I can take 4 or 5 cuttings from the plant. Then I will wait for clones to root and force flower 1 clone from each set of 4 I do to determine sex.

Also how long do clones take to form roots and be rooted enough to force sex one? Again I know ther are many parameters to consider but a general idea would be nice.

Take 5 clones and force sex 2 of them in case one ends up dieing.  As soon as you take the clone and start it rooting you will switch it to 12/12.  It will take about 2 weeks to show sex. 

Quote:

hemppy said:

What is the AVERAGE time frame from seed to when I can take 5 cuttings? I understand it will bee different strain to strain. I am just hoping to get a timeframe I can work with.

From seed, it could take awhile.  It's really going to just depend on how good your growing skills are.  The more branches you have the more clones your going to be able to take.  So I would recommend LST to increase the bushiness of your plants.  That being said, could take 1-2 months.  Most plants will show pre-sex at  weeks of vegetative growth.  So you may not even need to try and force sex them.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds