Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

what size scrubber do YOU use?
    #309575 - 11/04/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've been searching around for a while now for information on size of carbon scrubber vs. fan/room. There are a few different formulas floating around, each yielding drastically different results (6" vs. 21" long).

I'm wondering what size scrubbers you all use to success, and the info on your grow (room volume, light, fan, etc.). Did you make the scrubber yourself?

I have a 90 ft3 cab, with a 600W air cooled HID pulling air from inside the cab, through light, and pushing out scrubber (449 CFM 6" vortex). Using 6" to 8" reducer for scrubber, and could fit up to 24" long or so. I know bigger is probably better than smaller in this application, but I'd rather not waste the carbon using a 24" scrubber if 8" is sufficient (then I'd use 10").

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what size scrubber do YOU use? [Re: God]
    #309673 - 11/04/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Its more efficient to suck air through your carbon filter rather than push air through it, fwiw. I use a 6" x 22" filter in a 6'x6'x6' space with great success. Here is my configuration:

Carbon Filter -> 600w Hood -> Stanley Blower -> More Ducting -> Booster Fan

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: what size scrubber do YOU use? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #309790 - 11/04/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, it's ~4x more efficient to suck air than blow it, but I don't necessarily want efficiency here. If I wanted to shove as much air as possible through the carbon as fast as possible, I would configure like yours. However, I'd rather the air trickle through it more slowly so odors can be neutralized (as a result, this may allow for a smaller scrubber, but I can't be sure yet. if so, it would require ~the same amount of carbon as a longer one, necessitating carbon replacement more often, so if it's DIY, may as well make it big).

My main reason for pushing rather than pulling, though, is simply noise control: the scrubber, which will be outside the cab, will act as a muffler, dampening that "whooshing air" sound that strong fans create. So my exhaust setup looks like this:
inside of cab -> 600W -> 2-4 feet of ducting -> fan -> 6 inches of ducting (to outside of cab) -> push through scrubber -> freedom

Thanks for the info on your setup. Did you add the booster fan later, after you realized you weren't getting enough static pressure? Do you have need to dampen the noise at the end of your ventilation, and if so, how do you go about it?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale