Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

root maggots
    #308577 - 11/02/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i will not use soil again in indoor application. I'm going to have to buy Predator Nematodes because of this certain fly that lives in the united states to successfully finish my indoor grow in soil i believe. Anybody else run into Delia platura? Shit is very gross.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: root maggots [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #308798 - 11/03/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Here ya go. This can be sprayed on the plant or given to it in the water and it works as a systemic which means anything that eats any part of the plant dies. Nice thing about it is it's labeled as organic and is licensed as such in all 50 states. Bug problem cure

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: root maggots [Re: Magash]
    #309464 - 11/03/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thank you

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#309589 - 11/04/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'll add a thanks also. I'm having a big problem with gnats right now. I'm using Go Gnat right now, it helps. But I want those annoying things to die already!

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: root maggots [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #310020 - 11/04/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am as of last night on the gnat war path as well.  My counter measures are as follows:

1) Kill them.  Yes I stalk them and kill them using my fingers and a stick with Tuck Tape wrapped in reverse, like a Sticky Wand.  I can take them down quickly if I am in the hunting mood.  They are good at hiding, but I shake em up a bit, poke and prod, get them flying.  Black/White on floors, walls, containers makes them very easy to see flying.

2) Red wine, about 1 inch worth in a large snifter glass, then a single, tiny, diluted if possible drop of soap.  Placed it in the center of the plant area, got 5 in 1 hour.  They land, attracted to the red wine smell, and drown (liquid soap removes surface tension)

3) White construction paper, cut into a circle with a 1/2 inch slice from one side into the center, to slide around the stalk base...think Christmas Tree ground cover.  Using the flat white non shiny side of the paper face up.  This makes it hard for the gnat to return to the soil medium.  I want to keep them away from the soil medium for multiple reasons.  They are easier to see also with the white surface and the flat white reflects light up to the lower leaves to help them as well.

4) Yellow Stick Stiks.  One in each plant.  I stick them in the cut seam of the white construction paper.  When they escape from the soil or try to re enter it, the traps are right there waiting.

5) Tuck Tape wrapped in reverse with the sticky side out, around the top two inches of the side of each planter.  Tuck Tape is hell in the sky for these things.  They get blown into it by fans.  They land on it and get stuck *when they step*.  Often when they land, they can take off again, but if they step or jump and flit around on it, they are done for.  Tuck Tape is more sticky even that the sticky stiks, but not a bright yellow colour, which attracts them.

Also have learned that the sure fire way to remove and prevent is Nematodes.  None of the stores around me have them as it is too late in the season, but perhaps I will order online.

Fuck gnats, smoke weed :smile:

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: root maggots [Re: Azyle00]
    #310080 - 11/04/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

isn't the pest part of growing total bull shit. What the f*ck. I just finished treating my entire garden with safer bioneem. 24hr dark after i spray. Then i was washing them b4 returning them to light...but, I'm gonna try not rinsing them as i heard it is only good for 3-7 days then I read it kinda just goes away. Weird. I hear D.Earth works great but i think its a powder, and i don't really wanna put fossilized algae powder all over trichomes the neem oil i dilute with water is weird enough but i like that its a liquid.

FUCK PESTS.
in future gardens
I'm thinking....
*Invest in sterilization much more in practice and supplies
(chemical suggestions for washing trays/etc...?)
(rubber gloves for touching plants)
(rubbing alcohol for clippers)
*Go hydroponic or be prepared to buy predator nematodes/ladybugs or praying mantis/ sprays/etc... and that is a big ass f*cking ETC
*More contained areas
*No pets in the grow area
*smock or growing outfit/hair cover
*Filters on all intakes
then fungus/mildew
*Fungicide
*sulfur burner

I think the import/export and our own agricultural systems pesticides are f*cking us possibly.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #310113 - 11/05/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good post guys keep it up. Now one thing about the fungus gnat that a lot of people don't know. Been having problems getting clones to root and been seeing a lot of gnats. The larvae of the gnat love and I mean love new roots and to dig into the stems of new clones. People don't see them and go nuts trying to figure out why they can't get clones to root.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: root maggots [Re: Magash]
    #310374 - 11/05/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn right!  I found Nematodes at a local nursery.  Just added them to every plant and every normal plant in my house.  Also since I am transplanting 10 babies into 3 gallon pots today, they also got a full nematode dose.

Someone needs to inform my root maggots/fungus gnats that the war is over...and they lost.

Also, not that it needs to be said, the girl who owns the nursery told me that the nematode solution is the best means to completely kill all soil based pests in indoor planters, that the little suckers are unstoppable and will devour anything and everything in the soil that is harmful and not touch the plant, roots or anything that is beneficial.

She also wished me good luck with my African Violets...likely a hint she knew what I was doing haha.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #310632 - 11/05/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: I like the hint, and also the idea of "dosing" with nematodes as though they are a supplement or something.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: root maggots [Re: 81renaissance]
    #310760 - 11/05/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The thought of the little ones feeding on root maggot juice makes me excited :smile:

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #310762 - 11/05/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My favorite mental image is this: cute little ladybugs...

...DEVOURING aphids with brutal jaws and a voracious appetite!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: root maggots [Re: 81renaissance]
    #310775 - 11/05/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Indeed.  Praying mantis as well.  Releasing a horde of mantis hatchlings upon a infestation almost seems worth getting the infestation.

However, if Nematodes grew as large as dogs, we might have a problem.  They should advertise them as, "Nematodes, when you simply need to kill the fuck out of everything!"

I wonder if the help feed the soil as well when they kill all the grubs.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #822712 - 01/16/17 06:31 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Lol.

:oldthread:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds