Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Trimming VS No trimming
    #303515 - 10/25/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Trimming VS No trimming

This all happened by freak occurrence. Therefor I think I'll ask you guys what you think.

I had a few fan leaves touch the CFL's that I was using in veg.

I pretty much just snipped three fan leaves from one of my plants. I figured to get rid of the dead burnt material that could be blocking my precious lumens.

Anyways, I noticed the difference in growth from two plants with similar phenotypes.

I wanted to make this first grow just natural so I could view their exact characteristics with no topping and shit.

I have 4 phenotypes. 3 tall 1 short, one of the talls didnt branch out very much. but the short one branched out like 2 of the others.

All in all I have a tall not-branchy female that was my favorite from the beginning but ended up not ideal.

The other 3 seem to be branchy. 2 tall 1 short.

of the 2 tall I removed 3 fan leaves from one of them.

I always thought of the leaves like plant batteries, holding all of its energy, but just by removing 3 leaves I exposed all the bud site from underneath.

The plant with the similar phenotype that didn't get any leaves removed seems to have all the branches shooting up the center. i believe they will shoot up and spread out even with not removing the leaves.

I'm having a tough time trying to just guess what is better. Anyone want to share what they think is best?

The plant with the 3 fan leaves removed.

The simialar plant with branches shooting up the center.

Hmm. I wonder out of the 4, which one I will end up saving for my main mother...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trimming VS No trimming [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #303543 - 10/25/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it really depends.  Most people like the short and bushy plants because you're "increasing" the amount of colas per plant.  It's also ideal for keeping mothers as you have more cloning sites to choose from.  The tall and lanky plants tend to produce one main cola and a lot of smaller buds since the center of the plant is receiving most of the light.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder