Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

Having a Closed Environment vs an open one?????????
    #302968 - 10/24/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Does it matter if you have a cabinet setup vs an open area to work with?

would it be easier to control the environment in a closed system? but it would be easier and cheaper to build a flood and drain system. My basement is big enough to hold this.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: Having a Closed Environment vs an open one????????? [Re: starrider]
    #303018 - 10/24/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The problem with open system (I have one in my kitchen) is controlling temperature and humidity.  But the same is true with closed systems as well.  However, you will be likely doing the opposite with either system.

Closed system is about bringing humidity and temperature down whereas (depending on climate, time of year, your conditions, location in house) and an open system you may find you need to bring the temperature up slightly and moisture UP.  I keep my house overall temperature at 74.  I use Flo lights and then with the house at 74 add the lights, the temperature at the top of my plants typically is 79-81.  Then I run a good quality humidifier to add moisture to my kitchen 24/7 and have it set so the humidity in my kitchen is about 30%+, which I believe is fine.  Over time, I might need to spray them to add some humidity depending on how dry it gets during the winter (heat on all the time = DRY air in the house).

Closed system allows you to control these things easier I believe.

If you are using the whole basement and going with a big operation, then you won't have as many heat, moisture lack as the scope of the operation will generate a lot of heat and moisture on its own.

Give us the footage of the space your using and what you plan for lights etc.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1