Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedesoul420
RAVER/DREAMER
Female User Gallery

Loc: IE
spidermite spray soad and h20
    #297517 - 10/15/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hey i hav a spider mite problem and i read soap and water sprayed over the plant and left for 20mins then sprayed with fresh water will get rid of them is this true??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: desoul420]
    #297578 - 10/15/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Get neem oil

Edited by SmOakland (10/15/09 03:44 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: spider mite spray soad and h20 [Re: SmOakland]
    #297713 - 10/15/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup. That should work. There are lots of recipes on line you can look up. I am not sure on leaving it on for 20 mins though. Washing it off with clean water after is a MUST. You can also find a good solution at your local gardening store . It won't be organic..but it will work.  If you are located near a hydro store I would recommend buying something there. I know fox farm has a wide variety of fungicide and mite solutions you can apply. Plus it'll be organic :wink:

Spider mites suck donkey dick..good luck man

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #298198 - 10/16/09 07:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Neem is a good way to control the problem. Wanna get rid of it in one dose use avid. Only use it in the veg mode of growth.

As far as organic methods this can be used in both budding and veg and is the best organic method I've seen by far. (it costs though)

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/azamax.html

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIce House
Rider on the Storm
 User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: Magash]
    #298851 - 10/16/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you would like to actually get rid of the spider mites I would say that you should go to WalMart and buy one of these-

or, if you want, you can screw around with washing and stressing your plants with Avid and Neem. Avid is expensive and a pain in the ass to use. Neem is absolute bullshit. NEVER USE NEEM OIL. Neem is bad for your plants. There is always a better option than Neem.

The Hot Shot no pest strip costs about 8 bucks a piece 1 will treat a 12x12 space easily. This stuff is not harmful to the plant. It is not harmful to the user. This stuff will completely wipe out a catastrophic infestation of spider mites in about three days. I hang them in my grow room all the time as a preventative measure. There is NO better more effective method of ridding your crop of spider mites than these strips, I guarantee it. Do some research on the web and you will find out that there are others who use them and they swear by them. NO MITES EVER with this stuff. It is completely safe to use.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spider mite spray soad and h20 [Re: Ice House]
    #298934 - 10/17/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I used those exact same strips. 4 of them in a 10 x 10 room. Got rid of everything but the spider mites. I shit you not I had mites crawling on the strings the strips were hanging from.

The avid yeah it's gonna cost ya but nothing can work better because of the method. Spray the plants down and anything that eats off em for the next 48 days gets paralyzed. The stuff doesn't affect warm blooded animals.

Now as far as stressing the plants gotta agree with ya the neam is gonna do that and to tell the truth I hate the stuff. Now the avid, for some reason the plants seem to love the stuff. Never had to use more then one dose to get all the mites and any larvae.

I have seen the reports on the strips for years and they do have a following so there has to be something to them but I've seen almost as many people say they had no luck. I've been doing a little work on that and can't pin down (but I'm close) if the people that say they don't work had the two spotted spider mite or another kind. I'm also trying to fig out what kind of air flow they had in their grow rooms. I believer that to be my problem with them. I'm a very firm believer in lots of air flow.

Been under the lights since 1985 and have tested most methods of getting rid of spider mites out.

Now as far as the strips being harmless well they are not killing the bugs from across the room with love. (smart ass remark sorry I saw my moment plus the label says they are not harmless). How I try and find new ways to get rid of pests and disease is to see what is being done in the agricultural industry. Now the strips have been used by bud growers for years just hit up IC MAG and check or the web like Ice House (cool name) said. One thing if they work so well why are they not in commercial green houses. I'm trying to find that out also. There has to be a reason cause like Ice House said avid does cost up the ass and in these times if the strips work so well (and I'm not saying they don't I'm saying why aren't they being used in food crops there has to be a reason) why aren't they being used cause avid is gonna cost ya way way way way way more.

Avid I found is pretty comon with food crops esp cucumbers.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineIce House
Rider on the Storm
 User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: spider mite spray soad and h20 [Re: Magash]
    #299048 - 10/17/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow Magash, thats hard to believe you have had no luck with them. I have had extremely good luck with them and I have seen a decent sized crop that had a major infestation completelt mite free in about 3-4 days with the use of these strips. Makes ya wonder. I did read where the active ingredient in these strips were used in the airline industry to keep planes free of mites and lice, anyway I have em hanging in my rooms and am mite free forever more.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spider mite spray soad and h20 [Re: Ice House]
    #300407 - 10/19/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

the neam is gonna do that and to tell the truth I hate the stuff.

not only that, but Neem oil is probably the most FOUL smell ever.  Ugh, first time I ever used it I almost puked in my kitchen sink mixing up some solution.  Didn't do much for the Powdery Mildew I was fighting either.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spider mite spray soad and h20 [Re: coda]
    #313483 - 11/10/09 02:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's not meant for powdery mildew.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #327310 - 12/05/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

dont use all that other stuff just get neem oil its the best it works for pretty much all pests

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #328576 - 12/08/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It's not meant for powdery mildew.

says you.

http://www.biconet.com/botanicals/70NeemOil.html

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: coda]
    #328778 - 12/09/09 02:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Use high PH water and spray the plants with it. 8.0 at the least. This will stop it from growing cause it don't like the high ph.

Or spray with 1 table spoon of baking soda per gallon of water. This also makes for high ph water but the baking soda also destroys the cell walls of the powder mildew.

The best thing by far is a sulphur burner.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328783 - 12/09/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Then it doesn't work for shit with it.  I sprayed for mites and powdery mildew showed up a few days later.  Like Magash said, sulfur burner FTW.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #328927 - 12/09/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Then it doesn't work for shit with it.

Which is exactly what I said lol :wink:

It is marketed as an organic pest/mold control though, I hated using it.

--------------------

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
    #331262 - 12/14/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I used soap and water for an outdoor kid. The plant was WAY chewed up. Stressed the fuck out of it! It worked pretty good, though. No problems after (2) applications. The mix got rid of the mites and the Jap beetles. It was raining every other day though during veg, so I'm not sure about when to spray it off.

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: spidermite spray soad and h20 [Re: jwes420]
    #332191 - 12/16/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Neem oil for bugs cause it's organic----ok

Sulfur burner for bugs cause it's organic----better

Neem oil for powdery mildew-------complete garbage

Sulfur burner for powdery mildew------best method out
The sulfur burner will also slow down bud rot or in many cases prevent it completely. (I fully tested this claim and it's true)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom