Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent?
    #297084 - 10/14/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Can a successful grow still occur?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: World Spirit]
    #297149 - 10/14/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Adding CO2 isn't required, as long as you have adequate ventilation.  Cannabis only needs so much CO2 to continue to respire.  Any extra goes unused, unless your grow tent is warmer than the optimal "without CO2" temperatures (mid-high seventies F or so).  Don't know the details off the top of my head, but the reaction(s) involving CO2 are what I want to call "heat dependent," though that's probably not the term.  Either way, more heat (up to a point) means more CO2 can be processed.  Less heat means less can be processed.

This is nice for some growers for a few reasons.  First, more CO2=faster growth, and (some claim) bigger buds (I've seen evidence for and against this hypothesis).  Second, due to the heat thing discussed above, growers with heat issues can sometimes resolve them by adding CO2.

To add CO2, your ventilation needs to be well-controlled and -contained: you don't want all your $CO2$ leaking out all the cracks, and you don't want your fan sucking all the CO2 through before it gets to be absorbed.  So there's a "linger factor," some sort of balance that you'll have to research more to find out about, because I don't know shit more.

Offlinejrjr54321
 User Gallery

Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: World Spirit]
    #298015 - 10/15/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

World Spirit said:

Can a successful grow still occur?

Don't worry about CO2 until you have some grow experirence, bro. Just make sure you have at least on fan blowing air out of your grow area and somewhere for fresh air to come in at, preferably a smaller fan blowing it in. but the most important is having a fan blowing the stale air out, as long as you have cracks, holes, etc for new air to come in from. If you are growing in a completely sealed tent then you will need a intake AND exhaust fans, the intake can be a lot smalled of a fan though, just fyi. I am about to start a closet grow where Im gonna have a 4 inch inline fan sucking air up through my sealed light reflector and out of the closet, since the closet isnt air tight(not even close) Im not worried about incoming air because I Know that fan is going to be strong enough to literally pull fresh air in just by pushing stale air out.

Also, it really helps to have a small little oscillating fan inside grow tent to circulate the air inside to make sure every last leaf on every last plant is getting fresh air all the time.

Just remember something, bro, plants are living things, they are going to try their god damn best to live and thrive, despite our best efforts sometimes, lol.

I hope this helps.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #298021 - 10/15/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If your not in a sealed grow room then c02 is a major waste of your money. There is a reason that not one major seed company uses it in there grows rather then have a fresh air stream blowing threw.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #298072 - 10/16/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Why do I always enter my questions in italic?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineWorld Spirit
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #298108 - 10/16/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes, I try to imply what I feel will help us in the future.

...FAQ - The Growery FAQ will answer all your questions by proven experts...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #298703 - 10/16/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any since. 

just for u ren.  :getstoned:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #298716 - 10/16/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All the important facts were stated above. But in addition, if you want to give co2 a try, there are several diy setups to try and expieiment with and see if it does anything for you. A couple of examples are dry ice, fermentation, and the old vinagar drip with baking soda.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #298734 - 10/16/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any since. 

just for u ren.  :getstoned:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is guaranteed to happen if I don't use Co2 in the grow tent? [Re: Magash]
    #298861 - 10/17/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

a tent might not be so bad?

I want to try co2 in my 4x4 dark room

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom