Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBudmanman

clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting.
    #293362 - 10/07/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

7 days old and i see  no roots whats up with that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting. [Re: Budmanman]
    #293365 - 10/07/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Did you use a cloning gel?  Are you keeping them underneath a humidity dome?  Is there enough humidity in the dome?

1.) Some plants are harder to clone then others, YMMV depending on where you took the clone from as well.  More "woody" branches will tend to take longer then those that are more pliable and younger

2.) You may want to try trimming the the tips of your fan leaves if you're still not having success.  This will reduce moisture lost due to transpiration and provide less for the plant to support so it can focus on root production

3.) FAE is very important for clones, At the very least you should be opening the dome, fanning out the tray, and remisting twice a day.  More is preferable, but I would open and fan when you wake up, open and fan before you sleep, and more in between if you have the chance.  Magash also posted a thread on how to convert a fruiting chamber for mushrooms into a cloning chamber.

4.) Lastly I'd say that a week is most likely the earliest you would be seeing roots.  Plus, how are you checking for roots?  Are you pulling the stems out of the rockwool?  Or are you just tugging lightly on the stems to see if they've taken hold of the medium?  Either way you need to be very careful not to disturb your clone too much, the more you manhandle it the less it's going to treat you nicely.  Have some patience and don't start worrying until after the two week mark. 

Honestly, as long as the plants are able to uptake water they'll survive so just wait it out and make sure they have plenty of moisture in the air to absorb.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineBudmanman

Re: clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting. [Re: coda]
    #293366 - 10/07/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea there is a dome for that tray and I mist 2 times a day minimum.

its not actually rock wool but it works the same. no idea what the material is.

I used a level 1 rooting hormone.

I have pulled 2 out and see no roots on them.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting. [Re: Budmanman]
    #293371 - 10/07/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You using Oasis cubes then?  Same concept, different material i believe.  Anyways, leave your clones alone my man.  When you see some roots sticking out the sides transplant and move to your veg area.  This is the most fool proof method as you don't disturb anything (works for me and peat pellets at least).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting. [Re: coda]
    #293431 - 10/07/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You may want to realize that most people that use root cubes and say they see roots busting out in 7 days are full of shit. Expect more like 14 to 21 with most strains.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIce House
Rider on the Storm
 User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: clones are 7 days old and have no sign of rooting. [Re: Magash]
    #293562 - 10/07/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You may want to realize that most people that use root cubes and say they see roots busting out in 7 days are full of shit. Expect more like 14 to 21 with most strains.

LOL

I use the exact same root cubes and I get my first roots out in 8 days like clock work. The only strain I work with is Kish. 14 to 21 days they have rooted out the bottom of a 4" pot and I have transplanted them into a 7 gallon container.

Listen those cubes will work just fine, you just need to tune up you're technique. Please accept a little constructive criticism, first If I were you I would trim your leaves up quite a bit, don't take the whole leaf off cut the ends off them and make em shorter, you have too much vegetative growth there. Second your cubes are too wet. I have a 99% success rate with the same cubes. I do the whole process of cutting as follows. I cut off the branch I want to clone and I put it in water. I make the 45 degree cut underwater then I slice that cut up the stem about a 1/4 inch. both of these cuts are done under water. then I dip the cut and sliced end in clonex the I stick it in the cube.Repeat till you have all the clones you need. don't get the cubes soaking wet. moist is good. soggy is bad. put a lid on the clones keep the moisture in. keep your cfls on the clone chamber 24/7. keep your temps in the high 70s sooooo say 78. If I have decent moisture on the walls of my chamber I dont even open it up to check on them for at least 6 days. Misting 2x a day is just going to get them too wet. with those cubes mist as needed wich is probably not at all the first six days. If you over water those cubes the will hold little to no oxygen in them.Your roots need that. There is no need to open it 2 x a day. Dont fuck with them soo much.Other than the clonex do not use any growth stimulators until roots are visible. If lower leaves start to yellow that is a good sign that root growth has begun.

I have used those exact rooting cubes over a THOUSAND times they work great and I get my first root shoots poking through in eight days. I have had a couple that have been out in six days. Maybe I have an exceptional strain that adapts well to this medium, but I swear by those cubes. IMHO they provide the best bang for the buck. Its all in the green thumb my friend.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract