Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineganja_fan
Stranger
Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis.
    #286983 - 09/26/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Can you all please give me a link to the simplest, most straight-forward marijuana-growing guide you know?  I have never grown anything before and need very simple, quick instructions for my first time so that I don't get discouraged.  It should also be a good guide that works.

Edited by ganja_fan (09/26/09 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: ganja_fan]
    #286989 - 09/26/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Top of the thread.
"Marijuana Info" dropdown menu.
"Grow Marijuana"

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlineganja_fan
Stranger
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #289354 - 09/30/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The reason I wrote this is because I could only find one guide there and it was very long and did not look simple.  I was hoping people knew of a more basic guide.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: ganja_fan]
    #289360 - 09/30/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here's the basic's:lol:

Aquire seeds or clones.

Plant said seeds or clones.

Veg out seedlings for a few weeks to months depending on how big you want the plants to be. 24 hrs light.

Take plants (now vegged) and flower at 12 hrs of light.

Wait till you see sex, either male or female. Pull males! Males have balls , females have pistils or hairs!

Wait some more till the buds get big an plump and viola!

Now there is alot of info missing to this basic explanation of how to grow cannabis, But you wanted the run down so there ya have it, enjoy! Don't hold me responsible for this, your the one that wanted to basics and not study the subject!

:getstoned:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #289362 - 09/30/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's actually very similar to the first thing I ever read when I started growing...before the growery existed.
It is pretty basic, it gives the general growing concepts without getting too in depth.
You'll find many more complex guides, but few simpler.
I literally did almost a years worth of research before I started growing a single seed, so I don't think the half hour it'll take to read that guide is a whole lot.
After that, maybe pick up books by DJ Short, Ed Rosenthal, and Soma to get even deeper into growing theory.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #305955 - 10/29/09 02:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He wants a PF-Tek for weed! :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #313482 - 11/10/09 02:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, if you want to be happy with your results, take some time.  Buy some books.  Do as much research as possible.  Then decide what route you want to go.

It's not going to benefit you to just throw some seeds in dirt and try to grow them.  Growing good pot isn't easy, and there are no short cuts to do it.  Please, do yourself a favor and take your time with it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #313513 - 11/10/09 05:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

oh hawks, but there are shortcuts... that's how you get schwag!(ewwwwwww)

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #315962 - 11/15/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture is probably one of the most comprehensive grow guides you'll find.  The only reason it may not be right for you is that it probably contains more information than you'll need.  However, it would still be good to have around for future reference, as the more quality information you have available, the better your end results will be!

For a simpler read that still includes all the basics you'll need to start your first grow, try Greg Green's Cannabis Grow Bible.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: geokills]
    #316361 - 11/16/09 01:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hell yeah, i reccomend that book too, i learned alot just glancing thru it. exelent read as it has plenty of nice pictures to drool over too, and osme that make you go awwwww(deficiences and stuff)

(would it be bad if i mentioned i have it on pdf?)

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Edited by helmet (11/16/09 01:20 AM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: geokills]
    #316419 - 11/16/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture is probably one of the most comprehensive grow guides you'll find.  The only reason it may not be right for you is that it probably contains more information than you'll need.  However, it would still be good to have around for future reference, as the more quality information you have available, the better your end results will be!

For a simpler read that still includes all the basics you'll need to start your first grow, try Greg Green's Cannabis Grow Bible.

:billymaythumbup:Great Book!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlineganja_fan
Stranger
    #316748 - 11/16/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:

Thanks for providing some constructive advice.  =)

There hasn't been very much of that in this thread...lol

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#317100 - 11/17/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

there wasn't much because of what you asked for

Quote:

ganja_fan said: the simplest, most straight-forward marijuana-growing guide you know?

and by jorge(lol) you got it, within the first few posts.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

Aquire seeds or clones.

Veg out seedlings for a few weeks to months depending on how big you want the plants to be. 24 hrs light.

Wait till you see sex, either male or female. Pull males! Males have balls , females have pistils or hairs!

Now there is alot of info missing to this basic explanation of how to grow cannabis, But you wanted the run down so there ya have it, enjoy! Don't hold me responsible for this, your the one that wanted to basics and not study the subject!

and to top it all off... what spacemonkey said, is the knowledge i took into my first grow. but as it was growing, i was learning stuff via the bible.

the bible isn't a very simple guide. but it definatly does kick ass and cover every base... and left field.  what you asked for was a recepie to get schwag... basically. at least in my mind.

i feel like an ass as i had forgotten i have it on pdf.(prior to reading this post the first time)

i should have looked at it rather than posting This Thread.

:frown: go me!!

--------------------

Edited by helmet (11/17/09 05:00 AM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: helmet]
    #317178 - 11/17/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You learn by research and experience.  Realise that even seasoned growers are always learning and tweaking and dealing with new problems.  Your knowledge needs to grow just like your buds.  But experience is an amazing tool.  Just by trying to grow, you will be forced to learn and adapt, or will fail or see very dismal results.

But you will have fun.  Also, Coleus is a weed like plant as far as care and growth etc are concerned, it makes a good practice plant and will allow a novice to experiment heavily with LST tek etc.  Futher, a lot of studies and experiments with smoking/imbibing Coleus leaves seems to lead toward conclusions that it is a psychoative plant.  I am growing ten of them now to experiment with.

Growing Coleus is cheap, easy and LEGAL and you will learn a lot about growing "weeds".  Iy also flowers just like weed etc, you will produce a wispy flowery top (not buds) eventually.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: Azyle00]
    #317182 - 11/17/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You learn by research and experience.  Realise that even seasoned growers are always learning and tweaking and dealing with new problems.  Your knowledge needs to grow just like your buds.  But experience is an amazing tool.  Just by trying to grow, you will be forced to learn and adapt, or will fail or see very dismal results.

:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlineganja_fan
Stranger
Re: Need a very simple, straight-forward guide to growing cannabis. [Re: helmet]
    #317686 - 11/18/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

helmet said:
there wasn't much because of what you asked for

Quote:

ganja_fan said: the simplest, most straight-forward marijuana-growing guide you know?

and by jorge(lol) you got it, within the first few posts.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

Aquire seeds or clones.

and to top it all off... what spacemonkey said, is the knowledge i took into my first grow. but as it was growing, i was learning stuff via the bible.

the bible isn't a very simple guide. but it definatly does kick ass and cover every base... and left field.  what you asked for was a recepie to get schwag... basically. at least in my mind.

i feel like an ass as i had forgotten i have it on pdf.(prior to reading this post the first time)

i should have looked at it rather than posting This Thread.

:frown: go me!!

Thanks for proving my point.

Can the guy who closed my other thread close this one too?  Use the same reason: Question answered, no need for further drama.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #317689 - 11/18/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Question answered,
locked at OPs request.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies