Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinequake3
Stranger

DWC questions - drain? maintenance?
    #284486 - 09/22/09 01:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Small time grow, probably 3-4 plants max. I want tall plants because I have a lot of height (7') compared to horizontal space. I'm thinking DWC with 5 gallon buckets?

Due to the limited number of plants, I have decided on scrog.

My main concerns are ...

Is DWC the way to go? Money isn't a concern so I can buy/build a better system, but so far I think DWC is optimal for my setup.

Maintenance! I've grown DWC before (not weed) but did not have a reservoir. It was a nightmare to change the water or deal with algae problems.

I would like each individual bucket to have its own drain on the bottom, but I don't mind filling up each bucket individually, so they
don't need to be connected in any way, and I don't think I need a reservoir.

I've seen many guides on building DWCs, but none really mention how the drain works. How maintainable are the drains? Keep in mind I'm using scrog in a small closet, so moving the plants around is not easy at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: DWC questions - drain? maintenance? [Re: quake3]
    #284544 - 09/22/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I find that by using a reservoir I save a lot of maintenance time. With a rez you don't need to individually check each bucket for Ph and PPM, just one check for the whole grow. Secondly, when I want to drain, all I do is open a nozzle and my recirculation pump is redirected to my sink making for extremely easy draining. As for algae, make sure your nutrient solution isn't being lit up (paint it white if you must) and it shouldn't be an issue.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies