Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelibertaire
Stranger

Reeeeeaaaalllly old mystery seeds
    #280531 - 09/15/09 06:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, so me and my buddy are working on giving this whole thing another go around.  Our first attempt ended in flames (figuratively) after about a month and a half of what seemed like pretty decent growth.  Lesson learned - don't buy the aerogarden unless you really know what you're doing, in which case you'll likely have all your own equiptment already.

This time around, we're looking to go oldschool, soil only.  We have two high quality seeds that a friend gave to use that we are going to be betting farm on and hoping that they germinate.  But coincidentally, in the midst of us mourning our loss, we came across a bag full of about 30 or 40 seeds that was hidden in a hole in the rafters of our basement.  We're not sure where they came from, but they're likely from our landlord, who actually ended up getting busted for attempting to grow pot here many years ago when he was a kid and his grandma was the one who owned the house.  (He planted it in the backyard in plain site.....he's not the brightest cat out there.)

So my question is this - We have no idea how old these seeds are.  They could be up to 30 years old for all we know. Probably not, but should we even waste our time with these?  I saw the seed popping tek that seems like it could help our chances a great deal, but how long do you think seeds can last before there is zero chance for them to germinate.  Like I said, we have no idea how old these seeds actually are, and we just moved in this year, so they could have been put there right before we moved in, but it doesn't look that way...they look pretty old.  Any advice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Reeeeeaaaalllly old mystery seeds [Re: libertaire]
    #280567 - 09/15/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

They could be some fun strains.  Try 'em out.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #280569 - 09/15/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

put them in between some wet paper towels to find out yourself......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (09/15/09 09:42 AM)

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#280817 - 09/15/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Not a good chance of germination.

Try germinating a couple to up your chances. You might possibly get lucky; assuming that they're 30 years old. :lol:

I've had seeds a couple years old germinate on me. They were kept in a air-tight container though.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds