Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Acetone Hash oil
    #277661 - 09/09/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So i got some commercial grade acetone. and put 2oz of trim and the acetone in a metal paint bucket(clean) I shook for 5 minutes and soaked for an additional 20. Then strained onto a glass plate and put in the sun. Its evaporating now....will this work??????????I've tried everything. Water, butane, iso, now acetone. I'm still not happy.The green color of this mixture doesnt look very promising so im kinda frustrated. Whats the best way? Is it ether? Or something seceret? Seems like water may be the best way, like i feel like im kinda close now with some volatile shit, doesnt seem very medicinal.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Acetone Hash oil [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #277693 - 09/09/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well it worked just fine. I'm high out of my mind. it could be the acetone fumes, but its alot more persistent and i feel it in the front of my face. I'll be honest this immediately blows butane out of the water in my opinion. Unless there is a curing process i don't know about or a butane removal part. Acetone hash is different....Once evaporated the taste is familiar not chemically just herbal/hashy if you will.  Just melts nicely over the weed and smokes slowly. I'm pretty impressed.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #277715 - 09/09/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

pics?

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Acetone Hash oil [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #277929 - 09/09/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i lost my camera. I'll look for it. But it doesnt taste bad AT ALL and it was only made this morning. It is fairly easy to work with. And it melts all over your bowl just like bho. Any one know how to whip oil? I heard thats how you make wax. By whipping the hash oil? WTF?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #277933 - 09/09/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How do you handle it? Is it sticky and hard to use?

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Acetone Hash oil [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #277952 - 09/09/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well i figured out budder. Or wax. Shit is nuts. Oh and it sucks balls to handle. I produce a bunch when i make hash usually so i keep it on plates and on razor blade edges. Once its made into budder its way easier to handle. Literally by whipping oils over low heat. Pretty much it.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#278059 - 09/09/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

so i just took the oil i had and put it all on the center of a plate. I put the plate atop boiling water and whipped air into the material with a screw driver. I then put in the freezer for 3 minutes. When i removed it it looked the same but when i tried to scrape it it shattered like glass. I muscled through it and looked at my hands. They were covered with shards of this weed glass and my body heat melted it onto me. Im sticking to my pants, the bed, the computer,etc....The tech i read said to not let this part happen, i was supposed to wait a few minutes and then scrape it up as it then "sticks to itself" but i didnt and i will try again with bho tommorow. Seems like a mess but i read that re heating it not only helps evaporate the solvent completly, but also transforms non active parts into active enjoyable goodness. Oh and it's is now much easier to touch as it's more like a fruit snack consistency. Weird stuff, lots of fun.

--------------------

OfflineE2DX07
Advanced Noob
Male
    #278250 - 09/10/09 04:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

best for extraction is a "non polar" solvent butane or liquid hexane, it will only desolve the oils and not plant matter acetone is some what bipolar it will work but not best results

--------------------
Man who stand on toilet high on pot!

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Acetone Hash oil [Re: E2DX07]
    #278305 - 09/10/09 12:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yea i just made some bho, then whipped it, really interesting final product. I'm so fucking high i don't know what to do with my self.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #278631 - 09/10/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seems like a mess but i read that re heating it not only helps evaporate the solvent completly, but also transforms non active parts into active enjoyable goodness.

yup, since most solvents used in oil production have relatively low BP's, added heat speeds up the process of evaporation and rids your final product of almost all residuals.  The other thing you're talking about is carboxylation, have to be careful with this though as too high of a temperature will actually vaporize your product lowering your yields/potency.

If you're looking to get your hash as golden as possible, follow the same procedure you would for drying out your buds.  A nice, slow, drying process followed by a bit of curing will ensure a cleaner oil at the end and a much more pleasant smoke.  Also, if you're using all of the trim from your plant this may be another reason some chlorophyll is leaking into your end product.  Separate the sugar leaves (anything with a coating of trichomes) from the trash trim (anything not).  If you want to make a run with the trash trim do it separate from the good stuff.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Acetone Hash oil [Re: coda]
    #278869 - 09/11/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Coda I appreciate the info. As i suspected i smoked all the hash before i found my camera. I don't think i will ever repeat the Acetone method. Butane or Hexane seem to be the shit in the chemical world, but I think personally the cold water separating machine, and a multi-bag system will be the way to go for ease in search of medicinal grade hashish.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale