Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWinterRose
I wanna talk to Sampson!

Loc: Michigan
Question: Growing outdoors and with tomato plants...Myth or Fact?
    #266456 - 08/17/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking of growing a garden next summer. I have heard that you can grow a few Sativa Cannabis plants with tomatoes, and the heat sensor used to detect heat signatures will pick up the tomatoes as well. Allowing for a safer grow outside of your place of residence. Is this true? Does anyone know whether this is a myth or a true fact. The garden I am planning is going to be rather large next year.

Thanks=)

--------------------
It seldom turns out the way
it does in the song
Once in a while
you get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

~ Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAudz

Re: Question: Growing outdoors and with tomato plants...Myth or Fact? [Re: WinterRose]
    #266498 - 08/17/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was under the impression that tomatoes were used more because their growth profile and rate of growth aren't dissimilar to cannabis, making them a good visible camouflage. I have no idea about heat signatures, however, but it would seem that you'd need a pretty big garden for that to be an issue, and in which case, tomatoes probably won't be too much help.

OfflineWinterRose
I wanna talk to Sampson!

Loc: Michigan
Re: Question: Growing outdoors and with tomato plants...Myth or Fact? [Re: Audz]
    #266629 - 08/17/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The county I live in recently got a chopper with FLIR technology. I have heard cannabis plants give off more heat than our native species. I know the neighbors won't see anything, but last year that chopper was about 20-30 feet from the top of my house, casing the neighborhood.

--------------------
It seldom turns out the way
it does in the song
Once in a while
you get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

~ Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter

OfflineMMSource
Stranger
Re: Question: Growing outdoors and with tomato plants...Myth or Fact? [Re: WinterRose]
    #272127 - 08/29/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The heat sensor that you have heard about is supposedly used to detect indoor growing operations which produce a ton of heat due to the heat lamps.

I currently have tomato plants growing alongside some "more desirable" plants and other than dwarfing the tomato plants, the two blend together pretty well.

I'd suggest topping your crop if visual detection is a concern.

Edited by MMSource (08/29/09 08:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck