Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Movie's
    #265588 - 08/15/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Just got "The Boat That Rocked" anyone seen it?
Looks like something most my fellow growerites might like! Sex, Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll!

DESCRIPTION:"The Boat That Rocked" is an ensemble comedy in which the romance takes place between the young people of the '60s and pop music. It's about a band of rogue DJs that captivated Britain, playing the music that defined a generation and standing up to a government that, incomprehensibly, preferred jazz. The Count, a big, brash, American god of the airwaves; Quentin, the boss of Radio Rock -- a pirate radio station in the middle of the North Sea that's populated by an eclectic crew of rock and roll DJs; Gavin, the greatest DJ in Britain who has just returned from his drug tour of America to reclaim his rightful position; Dave, an ironic, intelligent and cruelly funny co-broadcaster; and a fearsome British government official out for blood against the drug takers and lawbreakers of a once-great nation.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #265590 - 08/15/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Let's make this thread a review thread!
I know you are all into movies and music.
I have seen a few discussions about new movies coming out.
And since the site is not ready for expansion into some of these area,
we need to make the Topics and keep them active. So if you have a movie trailer and description post them here for the Whole Growery to see.:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #265600 - 08/15/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Rofl. I never have seen this movie, what did you think of it? If your looking for a good drug movie though I would get Blow, it has great actors, and is just an awesome movie overall. Probably once of my favorite drug related movies.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: Cannaboid]
    #265603 - 08/15/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

haven't seen it yet either. Just got it from torrent and now burning it

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

#265604 - 08/15/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Have u seen A Clockwork Orange? It is brilliant.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: Cannaboid]
    #265607 - 08/15/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah,and Blow was awesome along with my all time favorite drug movie ScarFace!

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#265614 - 08/15/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

State of Play (2009) 
A petty thief is gunned down in an alley and a Congressman's assistant falls in front of a subway - two seemingly unrelated deaths. But not to wisecracking, brash newspaper reporter Cal McAffrey who spies a conspiracy waiting to be uncovered. With a turbulent past connected to the Congressman and the aid of ambitious young rookie writer Della Frye, Cal begins uprooting clues that lead him to a corporate cover-up full of insiders, informants, and assassins. But as he draws closer to the truth, the relentless journalist must decide if it's worth risking his life and selling his soul to get the ultimate story.

I give it a :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#265618 - 08/15/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The Informers (2009)

Published in 1995, the collection of loosely connected short stories captures a week in L.A. in 1983, featuring movie executives, rock stars, a vampire and other morally challenged characters in adventures laced with sex, drugs and violence.

lot Summary for

I give it a :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #265747 - 08/15/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
yeah,and Blow was awesome along with my all time favorite drug movie ScarFace!

I can only watch half of Blow.  Everyone fucks over George Jung so bad i can't bear to watch it.  Especially Penelope Cruz's character.  Crazy biaaa.  The weed parts are kewl though :smirk:

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Movie's [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #265774 - 08/15/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I love blow
if your looking for drug movies def check that out, i also recommend trainspotting, requiem for a dream, and altered states there all pretty good. altered states is a little weird but i liked it

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: blunt master]
    #265798 - 08/15/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mel_lonta_tauda said:
I can only watch half of Blow.  Everyone fucks over George Jung so bad i can't bear to watch it.  Especially Penelope Cruz's character.  Crazy biaaa.  The weed parts are kewl though :smirk:

Penelope is still HOT! But yeah, she was a conniving,backstabbing lil wifey poo in that role! You need to finish it sometime tho.

Quote:

blunt master said:

if your looking for drug movies....

Nah, not looking for drug movies. Just starting a thread to post movie reviews for members. Hoping others will contribute with recent movies they have seen with a short description, maybe a trailer and a personal thumbs up or down based on viewing posters opinion.

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #265812 - 08/15/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oh i've seen it plenty of times.  I just stop watching it at a certain part. It's too harsh to watch, especially since he's such a good guy

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #311765 - 11/07/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ink (2009)

As the light fades and the city goes to sleep, two forces emerge. They are invisible to us except for the power they exert over us in our sleep. These two groups battle for our souls through our dreams. One force supports our hopes and gives us strength through good dreams. The other force leads us toward desperation through our nightmares.

There are other forces in the world we don't know. One of these is the brutal mercenary named Ink. Ink is on a mission for those who give the nightmares though he has his own unknown purposes.

Tonight as the city sleeps, the 8 year old Emma awakens in the dream world. Before she can catch her breath, she is ripped from her sleeping body by Ink.

The fight is on for Emma's life, as Ink races her through the many dimensions of the dreamworld. To save her, the dream-givers marshal all their resources. They focus in the real world on winning back the soul of Emma's tragically broken father, trying to pull him out of his ever-increasing downward spiral.

The motion picture Ink is the allegorical story of good and evil and those trapped in between. No matter how safe you feel, evil may find you. But no matter how far you've fallen, redemption is possible.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#311779 - 11/07/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

JENNIFER'S BODY (2009)

Jennifer's Body is a 2009 dark comedy and horror film written by Diablo Cody. The film is directed by Karyn Kusama, and stars Megan Fox as the title character, Amanda Seyfried as her best friend Needy, and Adam Brody as the antagonist Nikolai. It is scheduled for theatrical release in the United States and Canada on September 18, 2009.

Jennifer Check (Megan Fox) is the sexy, popular captain of the high school cheerleading squad. All of the girls want to be friends with her, and all of the boys want to have sex with her. Jennifer's friend since childhood, Anita "Needy" Lesnicky (Amanda Seyfried), is a nerdy, substantially less popular, "plain jane" student. Jennifer ends up as the sacrifice in a Satanic ritual, held by a rock band, hoping that the sacrifice will increase their chances of getting a record deal. The ritual goes horribly wrong, causing Jennifer to get possessed by a demon and start feeding off of the boys in her high school; First seducing them to get close, and then consuming them in a manner similar to that of a Succubus. It becomes Needy's goal to stop Jennifer from killing more of her classmates.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#311782 - 11/07/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

MY SISTER'S KEEPER(2009)

Wow, this one was very sad! Watching it will tug on your heart strings 4 sure!

Description:
    Conceived by means of in vitro fertilization, Anna Fitzgerald (Abigail Breslin) was brought into the world to be a genetic match for her older sister, Kate (Sofia Vassilieva), who suffers from acute promyelocytic leukemia. Because of her sister's dependency on her, Anna is unable to live the life she wants; in and out of the hospital constantly, she cannot take part in extracurricular activities such as cheerleading or soccer. When Kate turns 13 she goes into renal failure. Knowing that she will have to donate one of her kidneys to her sister, Anna sues her parents for medical emancipation and the rights to her own body. Attorney Campbell Alexander (Alec Baldwin) agrees to work for Anna pro bono. The film is interlaced with flashbacks that detail the strong relationship between Kate and Anna, as well as how Kate's illness has affected her siblings' lives. Before the result of the case is known, it is revealed that Kate had asked Anna to file for medical emancipation. Believing that she would not survive the surgery, Kate wants to die. Anna wins the case, and due to her sister's wishes does not donate her kidney. Kate later dies at the hospital. The family moves on with their lives, being changed by Kate's death, but every year on Kate's birthday they go to Montana, which was her favorite place in the world.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#312356 - 11/08/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (2009)

On August 7, 2008 Sci-Fi Channel officially announced the production of a two-hour TV movie which was originally supposed to air after the final episode of Season 4. It has since been rescheduled to air sometime in November of 2009. Written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos, The Plan storyline begins before the attack on the 12 colonies and will show events mainly from the perspective of two Cylon agents. Confirmed cast members include Olmos, Michael Trucco, Aaron Douglas and Dean Stockwell. Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Rick Worthy, Matthew Bennett, Callum Keith Rennie, Michael Hogan and Rekha Sharma will also feature.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#312365 - 11/08/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Zombieland (2009)

Synopsis:
The entire world is hit with an apocalyptic infection that turns people into zombies once they have been bitten by an infected zombie. Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) is a young geek who has a lot of phobias about almost everything from clowns, to bathrooms, to checking the back seat of cars. Being alone and scared of the outside world has kept him alive. His new fear is being eaten by zombies. To survive, Columbus has begun making a long list of rules to survive. Each time he gives you one of his rules, you see an example of his rule in action. Columbus explains to the audience in a background voice such as wearing your seat-belt, or the double-tap rule after you shoot a zombie make sure he is dead by shooting him in the head again. Trust me; this is not a wasted shot. The number 1 rule is to be sure that you can outrun the zombies, because the overweight and slow people were caught first by the zombies. He decides to go home to Columbus to see if his parents are still alive. Along the highway, he meets Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) a redneck zombie killer who loves Twinkies and misses his puppy Buck. They team up and head for Tallahassee. On the way they meet and join forces with two girls, Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abagail Breslin). They may be the last surviving people on earth, and they must rely on each other to survive. Douglas Young (the-movie-guy)

HD Trailer:

Amusingly good flick!

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#312366 - 11/08/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

im just about to watch saw 3

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

#312368 - 11/08/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

embedding disabled. :grrr:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Movie's [Re: Fazed]
    #312369 - 11/08/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The saw series was always one of my favorites, specially up till part 4. Then they become a little repetitious. But am always amazed at the new torture techniques and games played. Am anxious to see the new part 6

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom