Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Balls out Second Grow (Mango Scrog, Organic DWC, 430w Son Argo Air cooled, CO2)*Updated Weekly*
    #244075 - 06/29/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This is the records so far of my first grow. I am attempting an indoor scrog grow with White Widow Feminized seeds. It is a soil grow but I am working on converting to deep water culture hydro. I have a 100w MH (Home Depo) light for vegging my mothers, i use dual 200w(43w) Daylight cfl's for cloning and vegging seedlings. My Flowering room light is a 400w Lumatek digital switchable ballast with a Sunleaves air cooled hood, which is air cooled. I use a Philips 430w Son Argo bulb Which is 15 inches from my screen.I use the TechnaFlora Recipe for success starter kit for nutrients. I also have an Ionizing humidifier to keep humidity at an optimal range. I made my DCW hydro tubs from a mix of parts from the local grow store and Wal-Mart. I used a 5 gallon 3ftx18in Rubermaid tub and cut holes for 6 5.5in and 4 3in heavy duty net pots. I use the Blue 12in prisim shaped air stones. They are hooked to 3 General Hydroponics Dual Diaphram air pumps with 4 stones per pump(1 for each outlet) Keep in mind when viewing this post that my growroom itself is only 3.5 feet tall, which is why i chose the Scrog method.

Week 3  These Pictures are of my seedlings at 3 weeks. Vegging under a 100wMH, i had no nutrients or way of checking ph, so as you can imagine, they aren't as happy with me as they could be at this point. Picture is from a camera phone, so quality is lacking, but it will improve later. You'll see.

Week 4This is a shot 4 weeks in. The plants grew ridiculously fast. I belive this was due to a transplant to a full size pot, and co2 enrichment by dry ice. I also got proper nutrients and lucked out with the nutrient mix being at a 6.32ph, because at this point, I still had no way of checking ph. 

Week 5This photo is at 5 weeks. The co2 enrichment was continued and a humidifier was added. I kept the room at 84 degrees F, and the humidity at 65%.

Week 7These Photos are at 7 weeks. Plant growth has slowed and my dry ice budget ran out. A lot of work has been done to the room over the last 2 weeks. A flowering chamber has been created out of black/white poly and good old fashioned duct tape. The 400w Light and air ducts were installed. I also built a screen out of 1/2" pvc pipe and 2"x3" wire mesh. over this 2 week period, the 2 best plants were kept for cloning, and the worst one(far right in pics above)was trained using old bootlaces to be as horizontal as I could get it. it is a gradual, but easy process to do this. once trained, I had a bit of a nutrient problem from over feeding to try to keep the ph right, because  i still did not have a ph tester. Right before it was placed under the screen, i had to do a soil flush on all of the plants, and the scrog trial plant was the lease happy. To stress the plant even more, it was place under a fresh 400w lamp, which is only 14" from the screen. So far it is pulling through nicely. we will see where it goes.

Week 8These Photos are at 8 weeks. The vegging mothers have just had 4 clones each clipped from them. The clones are 4 days old and starting to pick up. a also placed a couple of bag seeds of a local growers personal strain Piss into the tray witch have sprouted. I have had slow growth this first week of flowering, but it seems like the light is overwhelming the plant, but it is slowly recovering. When it is time to transplant the clones, they will be going into a dwc hydro setup i made over the weekend. More pics to come, so keep watching. This will be a fairly long journal because the plant that is flowering is just Scrog practice until the clones are ready.

Week 9These photos are a week 9. The mothers are doing well, recovering from a N deficiency. I was using my nutrients at half strength, and as the mothers got bigger, that just wasn't enough. Been at full strength for a couple of days and they have improved greatly. The one that is flowering was also showing the same problem, so i watered it with an N only solution. It too seemed to really like this. The clones all seemed like they were dying, so i figured I'd move them to the DWC tub, and they didnt get any worse, and in the last 24 hours, 2 of the smallest ones started to perk up. I'm sure i will get a hard time for it, but the tub is filled almost to the top, making the net pots half submerged in the nutrient solution, which is making the rockwool under the hydrotron stay constantly soaked. i worried about rot, but they seem to be coming around, so time will tell. The seedlings in the dome are about 1 1/2 weeks old. all bag seeds. The 2 on the right are from a local growers pesonal strain, and the one on the left is a Blue Kush seedling. 3 out of 3 on bag seeds sprouting seems pretty good to me. The one that is flowering is now 2 weeks into the 12/12 cycle. I just changed to a 430w Son Argo bulb today, so well see if a little bit of blue spectrum and higher lumens is liked by my girl. Another update will be up in a week. Feel free to share your comments and tips. I am trying to do the best I can, but this is my first grow, and it's been a rollercoaster of good and bad. Thanks to all the people here that dont mind helping the new guy out.

Thought id throw this up. About 2 days into week 9 and the pistils are showing. Glad femenized gave me a female.

Here's a couple more of my experimental Scrog baby flowering and some shots of my grow room. The whole area is black and white poly on the floor and mylar on the walls and ceiling. I have 6" ducting run from a vent i installed, being pulled through the light be a squirle cage fan, and the output of the fan going back into the flowering room. his is to help keep the temp down and is only temporary until i get my co2 set up.

Week 10 No changes to the grow room except the hydro tank being preped for flowering. Got it ready to sex the 2 mothers. I will be starting 2 clones(1 from each)on a 12/12 regiment tomorrow. The mother have been a bit of trouble over the last week. The one on the left just got repotted and a soil flush. It had been suffering from an aparent nitrogen deficiency, and i had watered with a nitrogen only solution. this made it better for about 2 weeks, but then the leaves started loosing color and getting puffy. Also, dark splotches started to develop on lower older leaves. So hopefully the flush will help. The clones have begun to root a a fairly rapid rate in the last week in the DWC hydro tub. Went from only a few plants having 1 short visible root to several on all plants but one. # weeks into cloning and 7 out of 8 are healthy. Not bad for a first go at it from what I've read. I just changed their nutrient solution in the tub today for the first time. I was trying to save money on nutriens by leaving it in the same solution for 2 weeks, even though only 1 is recomended, and they didn't seem to mind a bit. The flowering plant is now a fully showing its sex and is looking rather good to me. There is a sweet smell starting to develop, but it doesn't smell of marijuana. Let me know if anyone knows the nutrient problem or other problem that might be affecting my mother. Thanks and more to come.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 11. Another busy week. The Seedlings are doing great. The Blue Kush is still the tallest. The clones are doing the best i've ever seen plants do. Secondary branches are starting to grow, and the color is great. Roots have grown a lot over the last week, i believe this is from adding Root66 to the hydo solution. I have been filling with a 100% nutrient solution ever time it gets low, and the girls have been drinking about a 1/2 gallon a day.

I made a new room for the mothers to be seprate from the others, but only 2ft away. Still having nutrien problems with the one on the left, but the right has been doing fine on a regular food/water regiment. I stared sexing a clone from each last monday. no definite answers, but the look female to me. Finished the hydro tub for the flowering room by adding 2 General Hydro Dual Diaphram air pumps and 10 12" air stones, the clone buclet has one of these pumps and 4 12" air stones. Might be a little overkill, but the plants seem to love it and my tubs are only 5" and 6" deep.

My flowering White Widow is starting to look like one. Tricome growth has started in full force over this last week. Bud growth is better than I expected. I have been feeding this plant with 100% strength nutrients every other watering, and it still seems like it wants more. I am using the TechnaFlora Recipe For Success Starter Kit and their recommended mixture for flowering. Has anyone else had this issue? I ordered a 20lb co2 tank this weekend, and I'm hoping it will be here by this weekend. Hopefully that will really help out bud grow for her last 3-5 weeks of flowering. Can't wait to get these hydro clones flowering and filling out my whole screen. All harvest weights will be posted. But there's plenty more updates before then.

Week 11.5 *Special Macro Update!So i finally figured out the macro setting on my camera. Thought I'd throw up this fresh set so people could see the detail i couldn't get before.
The top row is of my seedlings and soil clone of the flowering WW3(L2R, Piss2,Piss1,P.Kush,WW3 Soil clone)
The Second row is my clones that are vegging and flowering(L2R, WW1Veg, WW2Veg, WW1Sexing, WW2Sexing) WW1 in the flower room is starting to show clearly that it is a female, but WW2 is moving a little slower.
The third row is all good shots of WW3 flowering. If you zoom the pics all the way in you can really see how nice the buds are developing. Trichomes look real good. Nice and dense and sticking off of the plant a good ways.

Week 12.Another good week for the Plants. The mothers(above) seem to be liking their new room. Just cfl's(43wx2) and there looking good. Might be finally geting the nutrients under control for WW1 Mother. The seedlings are doing well also, but i have noticed that every time i feed or water them, they start to droop within minutes, but then perk up to looking great within 12 hrs. Has anyone seen this before and is it something I should be worried about?

The clones are doing awesome. I never knew hydro was so easy and the plants really seem to love it. No signs of negative health at all. Roots are Growing like crazy and so are the plants. At this rate i'll have to start training them to grow hoizontal in the veg tank. Still have been topping the tank off with 100% strength nutrient solution and changing every 2 weeks. Although this is working well for now, i will probly have to drop it down to once a week when they get a little bigger considering that 7 plants are sharing 2.5 gallons. Also, you see how huge the fan leaves on WW1 clones are getting. They look so nice, but i fear they might cause problems once the plants are under the screen. Next weeks pictures will have a scale refrence so you can tell how huge they really are.

The sexing clones are coming along. The WW1 has grown tall enough it is poking through the screen. Color and root growth is great. With these hydro clones i have had no light burn issues like i did with the flowering WW3. The WW1 clone(left) is showing without any doubt that it's female. There are little pistils sprouting everywhere. But if you look at the ground levle shot, you can see how much it streched since flowering, not sure what caused this, because it certainly isnt a light issue. The WW2 clone is just starting to really grow, but i believe this is due to it being so under developed when it was switched to flowering(only had 1/2 the root mass as WW1)

The Flowering WW3 plant is doing good. But no mater how little or much i feed this girl, it never seems like enough. The leaves just wont keep any kind of rich green. Has anyone else seen this? I origanally would use a feed, water, water, feed cycle, but the plant seemed starved, so i took my chances and changed to a feed, water, feed cycle, and there has been little color improvement. The buds look great, but the leaves not so much. Just noticed way zoomed in on these pics, the some random pistils are starting to change on random buds. Is this normal for a plant 6 weeks into a 10 week flowering cycle. Seemed early, I wasn't expecting it. Co2 is coming today, so hopefully by next weeks update, we can see more advanced growth as a result, but I'm not sure what to expect this late into flowering, but im sure it cant hurt.And if you zoom all the way in on the close up bud pics, you can see the trichome's are growing dense and looking so good i just wana eat um.

Another mid week update. Just some picks to show flowering is doing well. One of the clones i am sexing has grown from 6inches to 17inches in 2 weeks. I started training the vegging clones with parachute string. I use this to tie halfway up the stalk of each plant, bending them over to the side to the point that some secondary branches are at the same height or higher than the top. This causes more vigorous growth in the secondary branches and is how you get the uniform canopy of the scrog started. It is fairly easy to do and you can continue to bend the plant a little more each day until you obtain your even canopy. This way the plant is more accustomed  to the horizontal growth you want and doesnt induce as much stress at the begining of flowering when the plant is moved under the actual screen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 13
Ok, We're on week 13 of the grow, 7 weeks into flowering for WW3, and the WW1&2 clones have been flowering for 3 weeks.  The seedlings are still growing at a decent rate, but are showing signs of an n deficiency, but i believe is from over feeding with 100% strength nutrients solution. I have now watered twice since last feeding, and will feed next with a 50% strength solution. The Clones from WW3 are looking good color wise, but havent grown a single node since clipping. It has been around 4 weeks since it was clipped, and this seems like slow progress, but the clippings were taken 3 weeks into flowering, which may explain the slow growth. They do have roots growing, but not very many, about as many as WW1&2 had after 2 weeks. The last shot is just Some Hawaiian's Spawned PF Cakes cased in vermiculite coco core I got growing in their own section of the room and have been there since the begening.

The WW1&2 clones have been growing well and have massive rootballs. They are thirsty girls too, drinking on average of 1.5-2 gallons a day. I Know only top off with 100% strength nutrient solution. Great color and no signs of over fert yet. The training is going well. As you can see from the pics, Side branches are growing nicely giving the appearance of severl more plants then there truly are. There is only 5, 2 WW1 front and # WW2 in the back.

This past week on Wednesday I spent about 20 minutes training the WW1 clone i have been sexing. I simply let the plants grow through the screen by 2-4 inches and when they're sticking up higher than the others, i pull them back down below the screen, and move them further away from the main stem  by 1 or 2 openings in the screen, and push them back through the top, so that only the top of the branch is sticking through the screen. I repeat this process every time the plants grow a little with the end goal being that every square of the screen is filled with the top of a branch, weather it is a top cola, or the lowest little branch from the bottom of the plant. I don't have a lot of experience with working with different strains, but all 3 of my white widow plants are extremely flexible even though their stems are fairly thick from what i've seen of other peoples plants. They bend to where i want them, and as long as I have an inch or two of stem sticking past where the stem is touching the screen, they grow back upright within 24hours every time. They even know which way is up when the lights are off. Pulling them down is generally the easy part, it take more work to get the tip back through the screen because the leaves shape allows them tho pull out easily, but not push back through. So to get them through, I usually just work 1 leaf at a time pulling them through gently, and have yet to damage a leaf or stem doing this. I have found through my practice plant I have flowering now, than plastic coated twist ties are your best friend with a Scrog. I just bend a hook shape and place it around the stem and then just twist to the screen in the direction i want it to grow, and i can get them exactly where I want them to so their not blocking light from any other tips. Any Questions feel free to ask.

The flowering WW3 is 7 weeks in with 1-3 weeks to go. Tric growth is better every day, and so is the potency of this plant. I cut of all foliage below the screen, but at a gradual pace. For the last 3 weeks each time I take the clippings, which ever under developed bud that were trimmed go into my dehydrator for about two hours at 155deg. Since i started, i have seen the taste, smell, and potency of these crappy clipings change dramatically, and i'm glad ive done it. First weeks would give me a week head high and had a sent of cucumber and tasted awful with an even worse after taste. The following week ti smells slightly musky with a hint of dank, but still the cucumber smell. This began to give me a strong head high with a a pretty good body buzz to. I found myself smiling at the tingly sensation at the back of my head and consequently laughing like a tweeking highschooler. I still have concerns about the lightness of my leaves, but nothing will really help. Just pale green further from the light and bleached yellow with an strange color change in some of the leaves to an almost redish brown that doesnt look any less unhealthy than the rest of the leaf under 30x magnification. About 40%-50% of the pistills are turning orange. Trics are mostly clear with some turning cloudy and none turning amber. This being my first harvest, I know I want to start flushing the soil 1-2 weeks at the end, but does that start at my best guess of 2 weeks be fore the plant is ready, or for to weeks after the trics start to turn amber???
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 14
Alright, we are now 14 weeks into this grow, and the real grow has just began. The clones taken from the flowering WW3 plant are finally starting to grow. They're looking pretty health, especially the one in the hydro tub because it is no longer being robbed of light by the other plants. Had to move the clones from veg to flower by force instead of choice, which I certainly wasn't happy about. More detail on that in a bit. The WW3 plant has now been flowering for 8 weeks. 0-2 Weeks left, but I have a feeling it will be more twards the 2 weeks. I am having nutrient problems with my piss and Blue Kush seedlings. They are showing N&P deficiencies, but no mater how I feed them, it never really gets better. I have a feeling the soil is the culprit. It was Miracle Grow Tomato Soil with vermiculite mixed in. I think I added too much vermiculite as I'd estimate it was about 20% of the mix. Still every time i feed or water them, the immediately sag and droop and take 12 hours to recover. Any one know what might cause this?

Ok, it was a hell of a week with these girls. While changing the tub for fresh nutrients last Sunday, I noticed the roots from the 5 clones(WW1&2) were growing and tangling together pretty bad. I figured if i didnt get them out of there now, it would be to late. The 2 WW1 clones came out fairly easy with some gentle pulling to seperate the root balls with no damage. The 3 WW2 clones were another whole story. They were tangled so badly together that it took some rater force full pulling and rocking to get 1 of the plants free, and I actually had to cut about 10% of the roots of the other 2 to get them apart. I did this by getting about halfway between the 2 plants tangled roots and cut making it that each plant only lost about 4-5 inches of that 10% of roots. I had never transplanted with hydro before and realized while I was doing it that I didn't know the best way to do this, and since time was of the essence, i guessed. I took the 3.5" net pot from the veg res. and coiled the coot ball in the bottom of an empty 5.5" net pot in a soft serve ice cream fashion until the desired height was achieved and then filled in the pot with hydrotron to hold it at this level. After a couple of days in the flower room, the WW2 clones only had leaves curling up like taco shells and turning rusty brown on only random fan leaves. I figured this was from the damage the roots recieved and the way i coiled the roots on the bottom of the pot with none hanging out. I then added a full strength dose of TechnaFlora Root66 and waited to see the fate of half my crop. Fourtunately, after a few days rotts have began to find there way out of the net pot, and the leaf damage has stopped but not cleared. I trimmed off many of the bad leaves when I was trimming under the screen so that the plant would not waste energy and nutrients on repairing these badly damaged leaves.
The WW1&2 clones that i was sexing have now been flowering for 1 month and look great. The color is rich and pistil grow looks so much healthier and denser than my WW3 plant did at 1 month. +Cant believe it looks like i'm going to get a decent yield of of a clone that was flowered at 5" tall.

WW3 8 weeks into flowering. It was obvious I would have to come up with a solution to get my almost finished flowering plant out of the screen without damaging it so the other clones could be moved in. So i cut the screen all around the plant and lifted the frame up and pulled the plant out. The i just moved it to the side of the screen and anchored down the main stem with parachute string to the pot. Not as level as it was in the screen but it will have to do. 8 weeks in and there is still more smell coming off of my mothers than there is coming off of this mature plant. If you get right up on the plant you can smell a strong aroma of dank, but in the room or the rest of the house there is no smell. my smell control so far has been a glade plugin in the doorway to my growroom. I think this may be different with the fresh flowering clones as those are from the mothers that smell moe than the flowering plant.Trichome grow is still fantastic, long dense coverage. some of them are starting to turn cloudy, but none are amber yet. Seeing as there should only be 2 or less weeks left, i have just switched to watering only in preperation for the upcoming harvest Hopefully it doesnt take much longer than that or i can see problems in my future, and i have no way to gauge it, because it is the first plant i have ever flowered. Just going to keep a close eye in the trichomes and hope the seedbanks flowering time of 8-10 weeks is accurate. Cant wait to smoke some of this herb. When the harvest comes, i am planning on taking 10% and drying in a dehydrator on low heat(105F) over a 24 hour period. This is to get me by while 20% of the harvest is being water cured as an expierement to compare quality and high to traditional drying and jaring which i will be doing to the remaining 70% of the harvest. I will take all trimmings and fan leaves to make canna butter, and when the main harvest comes in a couple of months, i will add making hash to the list. Thanks for tuning in. Another new update in a week.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 15
Things are looking Pretty good. The Mothers Are finally Starting to look better. I Adjusted the ph of water and nutrients from 6.3 to 6.8 and it seems to be working wonders. The clone from the WW3 plant are growing slow but steady. Their new growths look strange. Varying from 2-3 leaves with smooth edges. Hope this eventually turns into regular vegataive growth since the plant they were cut from is turning out so well, but were sadly cut 3 weeks into the flowering process. If you zoom in you can still clearly see pistils and trichome growth clearly. The Blue Kush and Piss plants were re-potted into slightly larger pots and the medium changed from miracle grow tomato soil to Black Gold Coco mix which I added 15% perlite and 10% vermiculite. They seem to be really enjoying it. After the WW3 plant finishes flowering, I'll cut clones from each of them for sexing.

The WW3 plant is now 9 weeks into flowering. Like all the other soil plants, i adjusted its water ph from 6.3 to 6.8 and new pistil growth took off like crazy. I believe flowering was delayed from the ph imbalance, but also from stress the plant endured throughout its growth cycle. They included nutrient stress on an of and on basis and on 2 seperate occasions it was subjected to light and humidity stress from a humidifier being left on full blast with no exhaust fan on and the humidifier had a bright blue led that showed it was lit. I decied to look through my peep hole 4 hours after the light had turned of and saw bright blue fog instead of the usual total darkness. When I rolled the room door back, the entire room was soaked with water(walls, ceiling, plant, small pond under the plant) Since there was 8 hours of darkness left, I turne the exhaust fan ont, closed it up, and hopped for the best. Besides longer flowering time, you'd think that nothing ever happened by the way it looks. I cut another actual bud off that was getting zero direct light and lookd more mature than others. I dehydrated it for 18 hours at 110F in total darkness. I smoked this shit and of course it tastes awful, but man does it get me high. I mean the highest I've been in a long time. I starting to wonder if I can handle this bud when It's fully mature. When high, I feel a really strong body buzz that makes my neck feel rubbery and my forehead tingle. Ive smoked it twice and both times tweaked for 15 minutes giggling like a high school bitch. The high also lasts for 3-4 hours. I know this is a pretty potent strain, and i have never smoked it before, and was not expecting it, even though ive been smoking for over ten years and smoking good home grown for the last several years. Here's a pic of that bud.

All of the WW1&2 clones are doing great. Im really liking the WW1 clone that had the month head start from sexing. It has a much stronger aroma than the WW3 plant, even though it is a month and a half behind it. If you zoom all the way in, you can see trichomes growing off of stems and under leaves even though the growth has just begun. The other 5 plants have been growing at a steady rate getting rearranged every couple of days with several branch tips poking out everywhere. They are now 2 weeks into flowering, so i am expecting to see a lot more pistil growth over the next week as long as it wasnt delayed by the root problems during the first week of flowering.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 16
We are now a total of 16 weeks into this grow. The Flowering WW3 is now 10 weeks into harvest. The Sexing WW1&2 clones are 6 weeks into flowering. Then the Rest of the WW1&2 clones are at 4 weeks flowering. I finished my nutrient area in my room. Makes life a light easier and stealth. I know have all of the nutrients layed out on a mixing bench for conveniance. Fresh filtered water is now on tap in the room. Also looking to use this area to hold about 4 more mother. I have picked a few strains, and am waiting to get some cash, and then Nirvana's Blue Mystic&Blackberry are on the way. I tried a new way of cloning this week that has gone suprisingly well.I cloned the usual cut, trim, and dip in rooting hormone, but instead of Rockwool, I used a neoprene insert in my net pot and floated the clones above the nutrient solution. They are now 2 days old, and still kicking. No humidity dome whatsoever. Needless to say, these results shocked me. Hopefully they make it so i can sex my Piss and Blue Kush plants. They only drooped for the first 12 hrs, and now, I can see the smallest little white tip sticking out of the cut end. Amazed it had its own root in under 24hrs.

As you can see, the WW1&2 Mothers are doing much better after the ph has been corrected for 2 weeks. The Blue Kush and Piss plants are well into vegatative growth and have had one clone each clipped in the new way described above, and are for sexing purposes. But judging by the preflowers, they are both female. I would have had pictures of this, but both plants are so bushy, I couldn't get the camera to focus right to see them clearly. The WW3 clones are growing still slow but steady, but I am begening to worry about the usability of these clones. They were taken 3 weeks into flowering and pistils were growing. A month after they were cut, new growth began. First a pair of fan leaves with three blades, the next set had two, and now it has grown two sets of leaves that are a single blade each. I hope at some point they return to normal growth, but if not, I just lost fantastic genetics forever. No mater how bad a plants seems in the begening, always cut clones and give them a chance to shine in flowering. I may have found out how important this is the hard way.

The Screen is going well. There are a few leaves, especially on the WW1 clone that is further alone, that are showing the same browning and curling, that happened during the transplant to the flowering tub. I believe this is from root stress that could have happened when I changed the tub earlier this week. Hopefully it clears up just like last time. The buds are getting huge on the Sexing WW1 clone and trichomes are starting to grow. Flower stretching seemed to stop just in time. Otherwise I might have had to deal with an over grown screen. -They are all sticking up about an inch or two higher than I'd like, but hopefully this will get me some more of them big buds. All of the plants have pistil growth kicking into high gear. I really hope it get to my goal of a pound on my first grow. But even if it is only half a pound, I will be thrilled.

The WW3 is almost done. I am back to flushing with water only, and hope to harvest in the next week or two. The trichomes on this plant amaze me. They are very dense and long. Now two buds have been cut off of the plant. The high off of this thing is incredible. Now its far enough along that the smell of the buds is almost as good as the high, but since neither of the buds i smoked were properly cured, they tasted like shit, even though there was a noticeable improvement in taste since the last bud was clipped.  I am planning on using the trimm from harvest to make some cana butter, so I can make some killer cookies. So far each of the buds taken were dried @105F for 24 hours in my dehydrator. Thanks for reading, and please feel free to leave coments or ask questions.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 17
    We are now 17 weeks into this grow. The WW3 plant is 11 weeks into flowering. The sexing WW1&2 clones are 7 weeks into flowering and the rest of the WW1&2 clones are 5 weeks in. The clones cut from WW3 when it was flowering are finally starting to resume normal growth, after about 2 months. I also seem to be expieriencing a problem with all of my plants where little white dots are clustering on the searated tips of the leaves and tips are turning rust colored/brown and curling upwards. The WW1&2 mothers are getting tall enough to where I might be forced to top them. The Blue Kush and Piss Mothers are doing well, except signs of a nutrient deficiency on the lower and older leaves. I also ordered Blue Mystic, Mango, and MazarxAfgahn seeds. I am waiting for them to arrive to start the hunt for the mother of those strains.

The hydro clones are all doing well except for my strange problem. The WW3 clone has started to resume normal growth. The side branches were first and now the top main stem is coming around. Hopefully this can grow into a viable mother, ans the phenotype seems pretty good. The Piss and Blue kush clones are doing like normal clones usually do, except they seem behind a couple of days. There are clearly roots protruding now.

The Flowering WW3 plant is now 11 week in. It still has fresh growth, and most of the trichomes are cloudy, but none are amber yet. The potency of this bud keeps getting noticably stronger every week. Loving the hell out of it. The WW1 sexing clone is showing the worst of the damage of whatever is happening in my room. Every fan leaf has shrivled, wilted, and discolored, but the small leaves that are part of the bud structure look fine. Not sure why this is. The rest of the clones also have the same problem, and i fear will get worse. This all started happening a few days after my last nutrient tub change. At first I thought it was root stress like before, but instead of gradually getting better, it keeps slowly getting worse. Can any one help identify this problem from the pics below. I just find it strange, but it looked like spider mites to me, but under a 30x microscope, I can see none on the top of bottoms of leaves. Only discoloring and deterioration. Pleas help if you know what this is.

Edited by Integra21 (11/12/09 11:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Integra21]
    #244120 - 06/29/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:bow2:

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: elcharrosays]
    #244122 - 06/29/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks. But I was mor so hoping for  :blowjob: ....JK. Thanks for the input.

Offlineshroom360
Geek
Male User Gallery

Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Integra21]
    #244159 - 06/29/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:whacker:  Nice man, I just hope my plants turn out half as good as yours.

--------------------
:potleaf: + :mushroom2: = :vaped:

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: shroom360]
    #246216 - 07/06/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Week 17 update up. Check it out and if anyone can help with the problem I am having, it would be much appreciated. Full details at the bottom of the update.

Week 17
    We are now 17 weeks into this grow. The WW3 plant is 11 weeks into flowering. The sexing WW1&2 clones are 7 weeks into flowering and the rest of the WW1&2 clones are 5 weeks in. The clones cut from WW3 when it was flowering are finally starting to resume normal growth, after about 2 months. I also seem to be expieriencing a problem with all of my plants where little white dots are clustering on the searated tips of the leaves and tips are turning rust colored/brown and curling upwards. The WW1&2 mothers are getting tall enough to where I might be forced to top them. The Blue Kush and Piss Mothers are doing well, except signs of a nutrient deficiency on the lower and older leaves. I also ordered Blue Mystic, Mango, and MazarxAfgahn seeds. I am waiting for them to arrive to start the hunt for the mother of those strains.

The hydro clones are all doing well except for my strange problem. The WW3 clone has started to resume normal growth. The side branches were first and now the top main stem is coming around. Hopefully this can grow into a viable mother, ans the phenotype seems pretty good. The Piss and Blue kush clones are doing like normal clones usually do, except they seem behind a couple of days. There are clearly roots protruding now.

The Flowering WW3 plant is now 11 week in. It still has fresh growth, and most of the trichomes are cloudy, but none are amber yet. The potency of this bud keeps getting noticably stronger every week. Loving the hell out of it. The WW1 sexing clone is showing the worst of the damage of whatever is happening in my room. Every fan leaf has shrivled, wilted, and discolored, but the small leaves that are part of the bud structure look fine. Not sure why this is. The rest of the clones also have the same problem, and i fear will get worse. This all started happening a few days after my last nutrient tub change. At first I thought it was root stress like before, but instead of gradually getting better, it keeps slowly getting worse. Can any one help identify this problem from the pics below. I just find it strange, but it looked like spider mites to me, but under a 30x microscope, I can see none on the top of bottoms of leaves. Only discoloring and deterioration. Pleas help if you know what this is.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #246310 - 07/06/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

11 Weeks? Damn dude...  Looking excellent as usual... I don't know about your problems though, I'll read it again.  You are doing so well for a first grow... You definately read your shit! :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Inverted]
    #246573 - 07/06/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had the luck of the gods. I got 3 White widow seedlings that were 2 weeks old, a 100w MH Home depot light, and a squirrel cage fan from a good buddy. The next two weeks they were vegging, i just did what he had told me, and researched daily with a deep desire to out do his grow, with my very limited space. I just kept researching and changing things all while the plants were growing. And every thing in the room was bought by me, a random dude that has been unemployed for over a year. Everything was bought from money i earned doing side jobs like painting and brakes. But where there's a will there's a way, thats why I always try to tell people who say they are broke that there is always a way to make little improvements one at a time. I am hoping that my first actual harves(not the 1 plant that was just an expieriment) will pay for every thing i have bought for my room. But I'm beyond on target. For prices around me, I only have to sell a 1/4lb. and the room 100% paid for itself. Im probly looking at a 100-200% profit of my investment, but only time will tell. And for anyone curious about the research, it involved Greg Greens Grow Bible, Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible, Jorge Cervantes Ultimate Grow 1&2 dvd's, and various peoples grow logs on this site and others. All readily available to anyone with an internet connection.

Offlinegrogan
 User Gallery

#247121 - 07/08/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The most WICKED SICKEST first grow I have seen in a longgg time! thumbs up!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: grogan]
    #248333 - 07/11/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Week 18 Harvest update

Ok, I finally harvested WW3. After 12 weeks of flowering it finally gets the axe. I harvested with 95% cloudy trichomes and no amber anywhere on the plant. I did this to have more of an alert high off of this plant. I cut and trimmed, and then hung in my closet. I used the trim to make canna butter. Used 4 stickes to make it. Boilded with water and butter on low heat for 40min and rolling boil high heat for the last 5min. Hope you enjoy these pics. Maybe more POTM nominations. Cant wait for my real harvest in about a month, but this will hold me over untill then.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #248696 - 07/12/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That bud reminds me of the Bogglegum plant I first grew circa 2004.

Very nice! :biggrin:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: geokills]
    #248707 - 07/12/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
That bud reminds me of the Bogglegum plant I first grew circa 2004.

Very nice! :biggrin:

the very bud from the home page :grin:!

Offlinexceses
Banana Slug
Male

Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #248729 - 07/12/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I wish my first grow had went half as smoothly. You put up quite a nice setup, well planed.

--------------------
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently. -Bill Watterson

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: xceses]
    #248777 - 07/12/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It seems with growing, that there is no such thing as too much research. I still research weekly to try to find ways to improve my setup. Currently germinating new strains(Blue Mystic, Mango, and Mazar x Afgahn)in an attempt to find a higher yielding strain. Looking into some Flowering LED pannels to use as supplimental lighting with my 430w argo. And I am still waiting to get a proper CO2 regulator(need cash) so I can use the 20lb tank I got. I know it looks great, but I'm going for even better. I will continue to look for improvements until I reach my goal of 20oz's per flowering.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #248910 - 07/13/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Week 18 update.

Alright, now 18 weeks into the grow. The WW3 plant has been harvested after 12 weeks of flowering. The trichomes were about 95% cloudy and none were amber. I harvested it like this because I have been enjoying the awake functional high it gives me. The next one will be 50% amber though. I used the trim to make canna butter. Ended up with four sticks worth. I will be making cookies sometime this week. The mothers are all doing better after the water filter problem was fixed. In a few more inches, I'll have to top the WW2 mother. It will be too tall for it's space. It is currently 3'7"tall. The piss and Blue kush mothers are also doing better. And now regular growth has taken off in the WW3 clones, I was lucky enough to have clones taken during flowering 3 weeks in with obvious pistil growth. Glad I didnt loosed this phenotype because I really like the smoke. My seeds came this week. Only took a week and came very discretely packaged. I ordered Blue Mystic, Mango, and Mazar x Afgahn. I planted one of each 24 hours ago, and they have al germinated, but havent found there way out of the top of the rockwool.

The WW1&2 Clones that were sexing are now at 8 weeks into flowering. The rest of them are 6 weeks into flower. They all seem to be doing better now the water problem was solved. The Buds on the WW1 sexing clone are huge. There is definetly more of a smell off of this bunch than just the WW3. I trimmed another huge pile of fan leaves off today so that they couldn't block light from the developing bud sites. This is now the third time I have done this. Each time I'd guess that I trimmed of 30% of the total fan leaves. Roots are doing well and are a bright white. I am a little concerned about how close they are getting to the light. Now the closest are only about 6 inches away. Pretty close for a 430w Son Argo. This may be my last picture update, because I am out of space for uploading, and dont want to remove any pics since it will put gaps in the journal. Wish I could finish though. Are admins able to let you add extra photos, cause lets face it, my pics are for the good of otheres, not just hundred of kiddie porn pics.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #249193 - 07/13/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Check your messages; and thanks for uploading all the pic's. Lookin' pretty darn good! :gethigh:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: geokills]
    #249221 - 07/13/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you Geo. This should last till about the final harvest. Glad people like watching enough to help keep it going. Thanks to all readers who might have messaged admins in my favor. Helps every one including me, as this journal is my main refrence for tracking my progress as well as keeping track of how far I;m along into flowering. Hopefully another good update next Monday.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #249252 - 07/14/09 02:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a couple of pics that didnt make the update because of the space requirement. One is the pile of all of the fan leaves I trimmed off on Sunday and the other is my harvest hung to dry.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #251692 - 07/19/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Week 19 Update

I am now 19 weeks into my grow. It has been another busy week. The seedlings(Blue Mystic, Mango, Mazar) ar growing well. Each of them is working on the second set of seedling leaves. The mango has been growing a little faster than the others, hopefully because it is a fast flowering strain(50-60days) and not because it's male. I built a DWC bucket for my WW3 mother out of a 2 gallon bucket, a 3.5" heavy duty net pot, and a 4" air disc. I also switched to General Hydroponics Floral series, and it and the Blue Kush/Piss clones seem to really like it. The flowering tub will be switched to the same nutrients tomorrow. Sexing on the Piss and Blue Kush clones will also start tomorrow. The WW1&2 mothers are still doing well, but I am hopping to grow new Hydro mothers of them soon. I also harvested the WW1 plant that was sexing because of the suspected nutrient burn problem I am suffering due to the change in my water. The tiny leaves on the bud itself started to burn, so I harvested as a last ditch effort to make good of that plant before it was too late. Yesterday, to make sure it was mature enough, I clipped the bud growths from under the screen and dehydrated them, and the smoke was a super strong head high that was different from the WW3 buds. More of a spacy effect. Weight should be good though, because i got a quarter from the under screen buds. Final weight in about a week. My guess is 1.5-2oz.

The WW1&2 clones are now 7 weeks into flowering, and are doing ok. The fan leaves show the nutrient burn from before, but have not reached the buds themselves. I am hopping a nutrient change with some diluted nutrients will help clear this up. Flower growth is going well. Really starting to fill in. I am still waiting to cut my clones for the next batch to make sure it is not as over grown as this one. Also, because I having trouble deciding which strains/phenotypes to go with. But I still have another week or two to figure that out.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #252060 - 07/20/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Very informative and incredibly organized first grow man.  I've said it before but still I will give you props.  Much better than 95% of anyones first grow.  If I had your funds I would be able to achieve that but until I get a job that's out of the question.  Until then... Congratulations.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Inverted]
    #252067 - 07/20/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

awesome bud formation beneath the canopy :thumbup::thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale