Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Strain Identity
    #242268 - 06/23/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have been growing for almost 20 yrs now off and on. But i am rather stumped by the growth of these hawaiian strains. I have had several grows since moving out here to this beautiful state and heres the deal.

On all grows i have done out here with local seed stock, I have had a strain that seems to flower from the beginning.It seems that if they are not in direct sun light all day, they just flower. Starts out with the typical leaf staggering up the main stem then pistils start forming almost immediately, followed directly by trichome formation. Now i know that they need sunlight, but i have never experienced anything that had to be in the sun or it auto flowers. I have had plants slightly shaded by over growth in other past grows without the flowering actions. They normally just stretched to meet the sun.

My last grow only got between 10"-18" tall because they flowered immediatly too. They had good days sunlight though with no obstruction and still pretty much flowered from a 4 inch seedling till its end 4 months later

Just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this and the reason it seems to have a hair trigger when it comes to flowering?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Strain Identity [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #242307 - 06/23/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like an auto flowing strain.

From germinated seed to picking in 60 days.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Identity [Re: KaptKid]
    #242583 - 06/24/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Now if someone could just create a strain that you just add water to the seed and in 24 hrs it grows into a 1 oz. bud.
Like them capsules kids buy. Put them in water and they grow into a sponge creature.:smirk:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineSativaSam
Male

Re: Strain Identity [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #244430 - 06/29/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what you have is a Ruderalis strain, or an auto flowering strain, common to europe. ruderalis by themselves lack the thc content we strive for, but when crossed with other strains it helps speed up the flowering time,, i guess for the northern regions of the world..

--------------------
In every seed, there is a bag of weed!:wink:

P.S. if you don't own a copy of Marijuana Horticulture, the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible, you need to get a copy!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules