Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Loc: Washington
retrieving medical records..
    #240430 - 06/17/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I need to get a copy of my medical records, and am not sure how wise it is to tell my pcp why I need the records. I'm concerned that they may want to take away some of the meds I'm currently using to manage my symptoms. Is this something I should be concerned about? How do most mmj patients deal with this awkward situation?
When I asked about getting my medical records, they had a ton of questions that kinda made me feel intimidated about asking for them. Should I just be straight up with them? Or should I just say that I want them for my personal use? I kinda have a hard time dealing with office people on the phone.

also, does it make a difference weather I send the documents myself or just have them faxed?

edit----
sorry if this was unclear, I'm wanting to transfer medical records to the mmj clinic near me.

--------------------

Edited by tlc (06/17/09 03:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: retrieving medical records.. [Re: tlc]
    #240441 - 06/17/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

As far as i know, alls you have to do is ask them in writing for a copy of your records. Usually they charge you a fee for this. As far as them asking you questions about why you need them, simply tell them you are wanting a second opinion on your condition and need the recrd for review by the other doc. Them are legally your records and you have the right to pull your records at anytime with out question.

As far a the doctor finding out your applying for medical marijuana? I was on pain managment for 3 years and had to find another doc to continue my scripts. My first doc piss tested me every other month and i always had thc in my system but he never said anything. The new doc tested me and right away asked about the pot in my system, and then told me i had to quit burning or find another doc and also to consider drug treatment or get a medical card for my herb smoking.

Anyways, i guess it probably depends on your pcp's views on medical marijuana. But from what i have seen, as long as your a medical user and have a valid card saying so, most docs won't say much. However, if your on some kinda narcotic and that narcotic has a chance to react or synergize with your scripts, then he may cut you off or at least lower the dose

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Re: retrieving medical records.. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #240446 - 06/17/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
As far as i know, alls you have to do is ask them in writing for a copy of your records. Usually they charge you a fee for this. As far as them asking you questions about why you need them, simply tell them you are wanting a second opinion on your condition and need the recrd for review by the other doc. Them are legally your records and you have the right to pull your records at anytime with out question.

As far a the doctor finding out your applying for medical marijuana? I was on pain managment for 3 years and had to find another doc to continue my scripts. My first doc piss tested me every other month and i always had thc in my system but he never said anything. The new doc tested me and right away asked about the pot in my system, and then told me i had to quit burning or find another doc and also to consider drug treatment or get a medical card for my herb smoking.

Anyways, i guess it probably depends on your pcp's views on medical marijuana. But from what i have seen, as long as your a medical user and have a valid card saying so, most docs won't say much. However, if your on some kinda narcotic and that narcotic has a chance to react or synergize with your scripts, then he may cut you off or at least lower the dose

thanks for answering me so fast.

now, I was t (when asking about my records)it will cost 20 bucks and more if I get them myself but if I tell them where to fax them to that it's free...I want to do it my self, I like to know what is being seen about me. But I don't have the money if it is not worth the fuss, does it really make much difference?

--------------------

Edited by tlc (06/17/09 03:35 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #240449 - 06/17/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Know anyone with a fax machine?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Re: retrieving medical records.. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #240451 - 06/17/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:super:

--------------------

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
    #240495 - 06/17/09 08:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

if its ya mental records its a lil more of a pain in the ass to get.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: retrieving medical records.. [Re: bobby]
    #241638 - 06/21/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You are entitled to have a copy of ALL your medical records.  They are yours.  I work for an insurance company so I deal with this frequently.  If it was me and they started asking me a bunch of questions about why i wanted that would make me suspicious of them.  "Why all the questions? Is there something in them that you wish to retract, depending upon me need?"  It's never a bad idea to keep a copy of all your own medical records anyway.  Even if there is no reason for you to have them at the moment.  You never know when they will be useful.  However, I am not in the same place you are but this is just my opinion.  I also don't deal with medical cannabis.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: retrieving medical records.. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #241654 - 06/21/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

state law here is different, if its ya mental records ya can just willy nilly ask for them. Doc has to release them to you- so i guess it depends where u live.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: retrieving medical records.. (moved) [Re: tlc]
    #428174 - 06/03/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals