Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemsmr5150
garden security
    #236963 - 06/06/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

does anyone else have a guard dog? i am kind of nervous about having my outside crop stolen this year so i am thinking about getting a dog to train as a guard dog because the one i have isnt very intimidating unless your are scared of slobber, does anyone have any tips as far as training? i have done pretty well training my pit bull in basic obedience but i have no idea how to get my dog to act mean or attack. i figured this would be the apropriate place to post seeing as keeping your plants in your posession is a crucial part of a successful harvest. thanks everyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: garden security [Re: msmr5150]
    #237041 - 06/06/09 07:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Then someone trys to steal it anyways, gets ate up by your dog, you get sued, and the cops show up. Guard dogs, traps, etc are a bad idea IMO. And unless you plan on treating the dog like it needs to be treated, don't get one.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #237165 - 06/07/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

She's great with my grand kids and their mom and dad. Also my best friend.
She doesn't like anybody else.

This one is a lover

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinemsmr5150
Re: garden security [Re: ethnoguy]
    #237192 - 06/07/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
Then someone trys to steal it anyways, gets ate up by your dog, you get sued, and the cops show up. Guard dogs, traps, etc are a bad idea IMO. And unless you plan on treating the dog like it needs to be treated, don't get one.

EG

my animals are always treated correctly, and im not saying that this dog would be treated any other way its just that the dog thats there has been babied by everyone because it was not intended as a guard dog its a pet it would just bark if that and i know this from experience somone stole my 400$ bike a few years back out of our garage and she didnt make a sound.

as for being prosecuted for somone being attacked by a guard dog, i was unsure so i looked into it and read a few court cases. i live in california and this is the closest thing to a law i could find.

§ 31626. Circumstances under which dogs may not be declared potentially dangerous or vicious

(a) No dog may be declared potentially dangerous or vicious if any injury or damage is sustained by a person who, at the time the injury or damage was sustained, was committing a willful trespass or other tort upon premises occupied by the owner or keeper of the dog, or was teasing, tormenting, abusing, or assaulting the dog, or was committing or attempting to commit a crime. No dog may be declared potentially dangerous or vicious if the dog was protecting or defending a person within the immediate vicinity of the dog from an unjustified attack or assault. No dog may be declared potentially dangerous or vicious if an injury or damage was sustained by a domestic animal which at the time the injury or damage was sustained was teasing, tormenting, abusing, or assaulting the dog.

(b) No dog may be declared potentially dangerous or vicious if the injury or damage to a domestic animal was sustained while the dog was working as a hunting dog, herding dog, or predator control dog on the property of, or under the control of, its owner or keeper, and the damage or injury was to a species or type of domestic animal appropriate to the work of the dog.

CREDIT(S)

(Added by Stats.1989, c. 761, § 1.)

after reading this in my situation i am pretty sure that i couldnt be prosecuted because i have my perscription to grow and dogs that reside there to guard it. i read a case where some guy had a garage where he worked on trucks, he also had a guard dog to protrect it. some chick decided she wanted free parking and drove onto the mans property and was attacked by the dog. the man got off with no penalties. i realy dont like the idea of needing a guard dog in the first place, but with the economy the way it is i know its even more likely that somone is going to try to steal it, and i would rather have them mauled by a dog then shot by my grandfather.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #237198 - 06/07/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you tell no one. Then no one knows you have it. Work's well for me.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinemsmr5150
Re: garden security [Re: KaptKid]
    #237245 - 06/07/09 03:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
If you tell no one. Then no one knows you have it. Work's well for me.

im not sure if you are refering to the weed or the dog, im guessing you mean the weed cinsidering it doesent matter if people know you have a dog.but if your any good at growing people will most likely be able to follow their nose.

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

#237266 - 06/07/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This two are too busy playing around to work for security.  The black lab was Tucker and the mutt is Haley.  Haley has a funny expression!:mushroom2::syringe:

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: garden security [Re: encryptor]
    #237289 - 06/07/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

this is my sentry, although I doubt he'll be of any use :lol: :bigblunt:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: garden security [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #237352 - 06/07/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In my state, if you have a "beware of dog" sign, and that dog attacks someone, you are going to lose the lawsuit. They claim that means you knowingly have a vicious animal. I'm pretty sure if you have a dog that is guarding your plants, and a person is attacked, your screwed. Dope guard dogs isn't going to help in court. At least thats my feelings on the matter.

I will say if someone steals my shit and I figure out who it is, they are going to get lumped real good.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlinemsmr5150
Re: garden security [Re: ethnoguy]
    #237461 - 06/07/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:[/}

I will say if someone steals my shit and I figure out who it is, they are going to get lumped real good.

EG

yeah im getting cameras too because i live in a small town, chances are if i see them on tape id probably know them and they will get whats coming to them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds