Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehightimes
Male

Loc: aussie land
Dutch master reverse ?
    #23440 - 05/09/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well i brought a bottle of this a while back being told by the bloke in the hydro store said that it would stop males and hermies in there tracks ?

well i just noticed that my 2 purple power have balls ! :frown:
iv been spraying them with this stuff since i switched the light from 18 to 12  and waiting to see what happens.

has anyone used this stuff with results ?

Edited by hightimes (05/09/08 08:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehightimes
Male

Loc: aussie land
Re: Dutch master reverse ? [Re: hightimes]
    #27362 - 05/12/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i think it just works on hermies, as thay have the female and male genes i just riped the males and hoping for better luck next time :smile:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dutch master reverse ? [Re: hightimes]
    #27479 - 05/12/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

No knowledge or experience on the stuff, but I was going to say that I don't think it could really stop males, but you already said that as well.

Here's to better luck next time! :spliff: :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dutch master reverse ? [Re: Sirius]
    #27515 - 05/12/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

probably does the same thing that purple maxx does. It won't prevent males but it will cause hermie flowers to be sterile which prevents them from seeding your crop,

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dutch master reverse ? [Re: coda]
    #27524 - 05/12/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a wise investment in case of a tragedy. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27531 - 05/12/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

How do you administer Purple Maxx, foliar feed or in the water?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27534 - 05/12/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

water.

http://www.eelriverhydroponics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ERH&Product_Code=PM8&Category_Code=

there's the product, it works best in conjunction with gravity. You're not supposed to feed your plants too much of either. When you do feed it you're supposed to cut the other nutes in your solution down by 1/2 as well. People over on gardenscure definitely seem to like both. Bit pricey, but, if they do what they say it's worth every penny.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27544 - 05/12/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Would it cause male pollen to be sterile? If so, would giving it to select females prevent them from being pollinated by viable male pollen? Curious because my friend has been planning out the best approach to breeding. Planning on keeping select males in a separate area in a rubbermaid setup to live, and the plan so far is to take a female into that to get knocked up and produce seeds, but the concern is having to keep her there underneath cfl's and the possibility that this would negatively effect seed production.

If this could be applied to females that aren't intended for breeding, then the intended female could remain in the grow room with the HPS. :shrug: Perhaps the female could go back to the grow room after a few days of being pollinated without worry of pollinating the rest of the room? All I know is that I'm very worried about him introducing male pollen into that room  at all.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27549 - 05/12/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure on making the male pollen sterile. However, seeding a female under a CFL won't hurt her. You should be fine if you're using them in your breeding closet to produce seeds. What you need to worry about is making sure that any excess pollen doesn't escape (which im sure you already know). However, as far as seed production (like i said) using a CFL will be fine.

Just make sure that when you visit the breeding chamber you should do it last (IE after you checked on your girls) since pollen sticks to EVERYTHING. Usually, from the threads i read, breeders tend to bleach the shit out of everything once the seed run is finished to prevent any left over pollen from floating in to the grow area.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27677 - 05/12/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That is great about seed production with the CFL's. I was worried the genetics or the yield might be impeded by less optimal light. Sticking the mother in the male's tub would work great then. He definitely wants to contain that fucking pollen.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27742 - 05/12/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yah, that'll work, you can leave them side by side and let nature do the work.  Or you can take some male pollen sacs, open them, and "paint" the female with the male pollen. 

Good luck with the seed run, be forewarned though, don't expect the genetics to be too stable with the first go.  If you're producing F2's their genetics are notoriously unstable and it may take a few breeding runs before you start producing seeds that are more stable and give you better quality plants.

But in the end at least you'll have a lot of seeds which means you wont have to buy any if you don't want :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies