Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Thoughts on the U.S. government.
    #230832 - 05/23/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So often are the rights of the constitution thought to be the most sacred part of the U.S. I also believe they are a very important issue to uphold, as the purpose of the colonization and founding of the U.S. was partially due to the fact that they had no liberty, hence the rights being there to ensure that the government does not invade upon these liberties.. Yet as a believer in many left wing policies I want to pursue the idea of Equality (More government since they have to make sure of the Equality) over Liberty (Less Government so that people can do what they want.) Looking at the current status quo of the U.S. though, it seems that slowly the government has slowly encroached upon these rights without much question due to the security found within a little restriction. Yet you always hear people saying that the Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves due to this.

My point I guess I am trying to make is, maybe people should just either come to understand that the Founding Fathers' ideas are either incompatible with their ideals, or embrace the ideas of Liberty over Equality.

So my question to the growery is, throwing all other aspects of left and right wing politics out of the window. Would you prefer to have the liberty to pursue what you want, or the guarantee of equality to you and others?
Liberty orEquality
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/23/09 10:35 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1