Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Grow questions
    #223799 - 05/07/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So Hids. Couldn't get ne room under the hps yet. So I'm looking to buy a new light for this project. Whats the best hid? Whats the best value. What is the best for the best cost. Any ideas? ? ? Oh and does aerating your water with a fish air stone/pump help really? And also is CO2 only good if it can be contained in a small room(ppm) or does a nice spray work ? And what is the Lumen conversion? Thanks

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Grow questions [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #224450 - 05/08/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, you have a lot of questions :lol:. Thats fine. Lets slow down a bit.

For anyone asking similar questions, the size of your grow area (i.e. 3x3x7') helps. So does sqft total width x length = square foot. Cubic feet (cf) also is good. That can be determined by multiplying- sqft x height = cf. Simple. Alright, You may see terms like cfm. Thats cubic foot per minute. That has to do with intake, exhaust, and body of the grow area. Its normally discussed in terms of air related issues. Sqft is almost always discussed in terms of lighting. I think this info might prove useful. Hmmm.

Now to the questions. The best bang for the buck is a 600W HPS. I am about to get a 1000W HPS Hydrofarm Radiant, with their high end ballast. Why? Yeah it costs more, but its a wise investment. You can never go wrong with Hydrofarm quality. They are the real deal IME. :thumbup: The problem here is I have no clue as to what sqft you are working with. Is it some odd shit like 3x7'? I can't really help until I know.

The whole purpose of injecting air into the water is to give the roots more oxygen. Roots need oxygen like the rest of the plant needs CO2. If you get it right, aeroponics is a very effective method of growing health, disease resistant, and fast plants. So yeah, it helps.

CO2 is awesome. If this is a fairly new hobby, I would say don't worry about it now. As long as the grow area has proper air intake, your plants will be fine. But, I need cf with this one. I don't know what the deal is. I can't give an answer. There are cheaper means to CO2 enrichment, but a tank, regulator, tubing, and a couple of gauges, you've got it going on.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Grow questions [Re: ethnoguy]
    #225045 - 05/10/09 11:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. Its 6x2x8 in L.W.H order. So im thinking a 400w mh/hps system, the ones that can run both. Should be cool for like 4-5 plants with the room and maybe 6 plants when size opens up. New hobby yea, as far as indoors goes. Outdoors had some fucking helicoptors come for one plant. ONE PLANT! But now i live in a more relaxed state, and am looking to produce the best medicine for myself and my girlfriend with out making to much of a production.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Grow questions [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #225111 - 05/11/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I would probably get a 400W HPS. A 4' light rail would really be a big help in that shape of space. You should consider it.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order