Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecheguerilla

Male/Hermaphrodite Sterilization
    #220472 - 04/27/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ive been told that males can be sterilized by cutting off pollen sacs so as to prevent pollenization. Is this true? and if so, can you sterilize male parts on a hermie to escentially create a sensemilla female? Also, i want someone to clarify for me, males can be stressed to transform into hermies, or is it only females that turn hermaphroditic? I ask this because i have planted in spring and where im growing the heat is sure to stress the plants probably to the point of hermies(only low grade bag seed, im a noob so im practicing before i waste good strain plants, which i will plant after the hot season).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Male/Hermaphrodite Sterilization [Re: cheguerilla]
    #220684 - 04/28/09 06:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you could definitely try to pick off the male flowers as they appear to prevent the release of pollen, but honestly, i think this in itself would be damn near impossible.  there's no way you could find every single tiny flower on a large plant, coupled with the fact that the things can grow so damn fast that they could appear and open up overnight while you sleep. 

i don't think it is a feasible approach to try and get seedless bud.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineDr.GrowFiend
BudderFace.
Male User Gallery

Re: Male/Hermaphrodite Sterilization [Re: cheguerilla]
    #464859 - 08/21/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

cutting off male balls??? why would you keep a male instead of killing it and throwing it away unless your pollinating? and if so why would you cut its balls off? lol.
yes you can keep picking the nanners off of hermies but a lot of times the nanners will be on the inside of the bud, so no way of you seeing the nanners.  if your growing bagseed and you live in a hot place they should be used to it, unless the bud came from up north.

--------------------
:watchingyou: :hansen2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds