Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer
    #218777 - 04/22/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I just came up with a great idea while writing in another thread in "The Smoke Lounge" called "shroomery, growery... how about the brewery?".

Here's the hyper-link to that thread: https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=218755&page=0&vc=#218755

My idea was to brew a beer with Budz (Cannabis Sativa/Indica) instead of Hops (Humulus Lupulus).
I call it BudWISER Beer.

As you may or may not know, Cannabis and Hops are actually related: They are in the same Family called Cannabaceae, which means at a botanical level, they are very similar. And guess what the only 2 Genus's in that Family are: Cannabis and Humulus (Hops)!

After pointing this fact out in my original post on that thread,
a couple minutes later a guy named Dr. Siekadellyk says this:

"i really like your BUDwiezer brew idea......did you know hops is one of the few plants that you can plant together with your cannabis and have the roots graft to each other and actually acquire and effective amount of thc in the hops because of the genetics of the pot is transferring to hops .....in the end this = hops that have a high thc content!!!!"

Is this true? Can you graft a weed plant with a Hops plant and have a symbiotic relationship where THC from the weed plant transfers over to the Hops "bud flowers" thru its roots?

More importantly, Has anyone here ever done this and made some BudWISER Beer from the THC-laced Hops? How about someone who grows budz and brews beers and happened to add fresh budz to a beer mixture at the stage where you add Hops? Did you get Weed Beer? Did it taste amazing?

Let me know weed growers/brewers!

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

P.S. BudWISER Beer is now copy-righted to me because I made it up. If you make a bud-infused beer, you have to call it something else. Also BUDwiezer is copy-right of Dr. Siekadellyk because he came up with that one. That is all.

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/23/09 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #218807 - 04/22/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My question is why the hell did you post this here?

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer [Re: ethnoguy]
    #218809 - 04/22/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Because it involves the cultivation of Weed and Hops symbiotically. This is the "Marijuana Cultivation" forum right?

I'll admit, the posting is NOT ONLY about growing weed, its more about growing weed with Hops in a symbiotic relationship, then brewing Bud Beer with those Hops and/or Budz. Its still related to this forum, but just barely...

I just wanted to know if anyone grew weed like this. Maybe I should post this in the "Grow Journal" forum?

What do you think?

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/22/09 09:27 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #218906 - 04/23/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sounded like a beer recipe idea more than anything.

Yes MJ and hops are kin. Yes, hops can be grafted to MJ. It is false that the hops will take on the alkaloid content of cannabis. This would require some serious DNA modifications etc. I think you are using the term symbiotic in the wrong light. The two plants would become one during grafting.

People do make beer with pot though. Its a novel idea. Give it a shot if you can and report back. There has been a discussion in this forum about hops. You may want to UTSE or just look back 4-5 pages.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

#218983 - 04/23/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have the 2006 version of jorge cervantes' MJ horticulture book and he says "little is known about grafting cannabis to hops. Most often the hop stem is grafted to a cannabis rootstock.  The plant will live;  however, it will not produce THC." He then talks about grafting to combine charachteristics of sativa and indica. 

Maybe that is old info, but the BudWiser beer sounds like it wouldnt work.

Offlineherd
the responsible thizz head
Male

Re: Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #218987 - 04/23/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like a great idea imho.but i have no knoweldge about
grafting nor know that cannabis and hops were that close.
learn something new everyday.

--------------------
Proud roach/dooby collector since 07

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Growing Weed Symbiolically with Hops & "BudWISER" Beer [Re: herd]
    #218992 - 04/23/09 01:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Go for it.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #218995 - 04/23/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
Sounded like a beer recipe idea more than anything.

Yes MJ and hops are kin. Yes, hops can be grafted to MJ. It is false that the hops will take on the alkaloid content of cannabis. This would require some serious DNA modifications etc. I think you are using the term symbiotic in the wrong light. The two plants would become one during grafting.

People do make beer with pot though. Its a novel idea. Give it a shot if you can and report back. There has been a discussion in this forum about hops. You may want to UTSE or just look back 4-5 pages.

EG

yes thats what i mean.........kinda like how now days they have plants that can gow a few different kinds of friuts on one plant!!!!its amazing what you can do....i got the wrong idea thinkin the alkaloids tranfer over but i am positive about the two plants becoming one... so you can have a plant that has both buds and hopps.
:ganja:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds